Chasing the better weather- help Please (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 2, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D68 Ltd
Exp
Since 2020
Good morning
Currently on our road trip in Normandy, near Honfluer. We are here until 06th October.
However the weather for this part of France is wet for the whole period!
The area around Avignon looks a lot better.
I thought about taking the non toll roads down there to catch the sun.
Can anybody suggest good places to stop on route and whilst we are in the Avignon region?
Also what will the best round be to take? I made slight error and forgot to order my Critie Air sticker so will have problems going to big cities.
Thanks for any advice
John

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Good morning
Currently on our road trip in Normandy, near Honfluer. We are here until 06th October.
However the weather for this part of France is wet for the whole period!
The area around Avignon looks a lot better.
I thought about taking the non toll roads down there to catch the sun.
Can anybody suggest good places to stop on route and whilst we are in the Avignon region?
Also what will the best round be to take? I made slight error and forgot to order my Critie Air sticker so will have problems going to big cities.
Thanks for any advice
John
We crossed on September 4th and headed to Brittany but like you encountered rain. Since then we have wandered south then now east being just west of Roanne and until today escaped the wind and rain.
I know that hasn't answered your question but all we did was to watch the weather forecast and wander to various night stops using S4S and past aires knowledge.
Our favourite weather forecast is https://www.ventusky.com/ but I use it via a Web browser not their app as the app restricts features without payment.

Enjoy your holiday,

Rod

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back