Change oil warning! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
Just a quicky and not something that I'm overly worried about though some input would be good. My Motorhome is a 2023 Euro7 180hp 9 speed Fiat Ducato, I had a full service at 7500miles with a FIAT main dealer which included a full engine oil and filter change plus the normal uneccessary brake fluid change. As I'm mechnically competent and like to keep my MH in tip top order, I did a further oil and filter change at 12000 mile. Before we left for our French trip last week I had a warning come on the dash "Change Oil in 1650 miles" which I thought was strange as I've only done 5000 miles since changing the oil!!!
Oh and we've only done 980 miles since leaving home and its now saying "Change Engine Oil".
My question therefore is; does the Engine diagnose the quality of the oil or is it programmed as miles done?

I'm very mechnically sympathetic and drive our motorhome with care and always use a good quality oil as specified by Fiat together with genuine Fiat parts.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I would guess that the warning is based on the occasion that the service was carried out and that it needs resetting at each oil change .

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
THe euro 6 has 2 oil reset requirements, the service and oil degradation algorithym. At least one has not been reset. Since the introduction of the sgw in the bcm there may not be a owner option to reset. Even non dealer workshops may not have the availability, i dont actualy know.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
THe euro 6 has 2 oil reset requirements, the service and oil degradation algorithym. At least one has not been reset. Since the introduction of the sgw in the bcm there may not be a owner option to reset. Even non dealer workshops may not have the availability, i dont actualy know.
OK, thanks for that, I'm hoping its a reset thing.

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Cayenner & Peavy I have had my first service done today by my local garage with all Fiat parts to maintain the warranty. Big saving on labour charges for sure.

Just thought I’d update about them resetting the oil life reading. The van has done 8K and the oil life remaining was saying 10.5K. They have reset it without a problem and it now reads 18.5K so that all tallies.

The strange thing was the service mileage said 22K to go to service, despite it being 3 days off first registration 2 year anniversary but I guess a Motorhome is not really like your car that is supplied by a vehicle dealer who set them when you buy it new.

They couldn’t reset this reading as the computer was telling them it is too soon and not within the parameters to allow them to reset it. How strange is that. Still not a bro let I guess, it will be reset one day I’m sure. 😜

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I guess the degradation counter can be reset to zero with the procedure I explained (anybody can do it) but the service counter has to be done with the diagnosis tool PC from Fiat (they did it when they serviced mine last month).
Maybe someone knows if that could be done with an specific software.
Thanks for the update royandsharont (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back