Change oil warning! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
Just a quicky and not something that I'm overly worried about though some input would be good. My Motorhome is a 2023 Euro7 180hp 9 speed Fiat Ducato, I had a full service at 7500miles with a FIAT main dealer which included a full engine oil and filter change plus the normal uneccessary brake fluid change. As I'm mechnically competent and like to keep my MH in tip top order, I did a further oil and filter change at 12000 mile. Before we left for our French trip last week I had a warning come on the dash "Change Oil in 1650 miles" which I thought was strange as I've only done 5000 miles since changing the oil!!!
Oh and we've only done 980 miles since leaving home and its now saying "Change Engine Oil".
My question therefore is; does the Engine diagnose the quality of the oil or is it programmed as miles done?

I'm very mechnically sympathetic and drive our motorhome with care and always use a good quality oil as specified by Fiat together with genuine Fiat parts.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
THe euro 6 has 2 oil reset requirements, the service and oil degradation algorithym. At least one has not been reset. Since the introduction of the sgw in the bcm there may not be a owner option to reset. Even non dealer workshops may not have the availability, i dont actualy know.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
THe euro 6 has 2 oil reset requirements, the service and oil degradation algorithym. At least one has not been reset. Since the introduction of the sgw in the bcm there may not be a owner option to reset. Even non dealer workshops may not have the availability, i dont actualy know.
OK, thanks for that, I'm hoping its a reset thing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back