CCP planning up to 1,000 aires (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
So of the aires taken over are possibly the result of some of the users. We stayed at Treigny there over the weekend were some 30 vans. The aire is free, there is water, black and grey waste dump all free. There is a sign on the water point asking for a donation for the local school. In the village isa small supermarket and two restaurant's. We eats in both of them for the 4 days we were there and bought some basics in the supermarket. As we were leaving we made a fair donation as we had been there 4 days, as we were getting water a gentleman came up very friendly and opened the box ours was the only donation thankfully with a little thank you note all the other vans had gone. Wonder why councils are letting CPP take over.

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Information from "Motorhoming France" today:

CAMPINCARPARK CHANGE

A new CEO has been appointed at the French aires company CampingCarPark, who has stated that it is her ambition to ‘establish 1,000 Camping-Car Park areas in 6 to 8 European countries and to bring together an active community involved in sustainable tourism.’ It is also hoped that the current CCP policy of trying to persuade town councils to ban motorhome parking in areas other than a CCP aire will be discontinued.

Maybe we'll get some of their product in the UK soon?
I hope so. It's ridiculous that we don't have them in this country with so many motorhomers.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So of the aires taken over are possibly the result of some of the users. We stayed at Treigny there over the weekend were some 30 vans. The aire is free, there is water, black and grey waste dump all free. There is a sign on the water point asking for a donation for the local school. In the village isa small supermarket and two restaurant's. We eats in both of them for the 4 days we were there and bought some basics in the supermarket. As we were leaving we made a fair donation as we had been there 4 days, as we were getting water a gentleman came up very friendly and opened the box ours was the only donation thankfully with a little thank you note all the other vans had gone. Wonder why councils are letting CPP take over.
You only have watch a few of the French and German motorhomes sneaking two through the barrier on one card to realise that CCP may still be up against it in trying to provide value for money.

OP
OP
Kups
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
You only have watch a few of the French and German motorhomes sneaking two through the barrier on one card to realise that CCP may still be up against it in trying to provide value for money.
And all to save 12 euros or so. Cheapskates. Never will understand this logic. Surely they can afford to pay.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
And all to save 12 euros or so. Cheapskates. Never will understand this logic. Surely they can afford to pay.
I wonder what would happen if someone, with the “Privilege pack”, had booked ahead and then found the Aire full as a result.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7086f
Exp
There's pros and cons for CCP sites, but mostly pros in my opinion. We use them a lot. There's a 'borne' post for fresh water, and black waste, and a drive-over grey waste dump. And most have a 6A hookup on every pitch.

Entry is by card to raise the barrier. Cards are available from a card dispensing machine. You can add credit to the card. The charge for the stay is deducted as you leave. There is no-one from CCP actually at the CCP aire, but on the two occasions I have called the helpline (lost card, power failure at the aire) it was sorted out very efficiently, in English.

I think more of these in the UK would be a very good thing.
Totally agree Perhaps our type of forum could make this happen over a period of time Certainty need them in the UK with the cost of caravan sites here It's one of the reasons reason's that we go across the pond

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
The big issue of access to the UK market would be site locations ( few available close to anywhere at a sensible price) and, I suspect, "must have a 6M gap" mentality. Even if these issue could be surmounted, it might be prohibitively expensive. Can't see us getting aires for £10/£15 here.

Jan 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
robshawRX66lvc
Can you just rock up to these sites and buy a card to access or do you have to organise before you leave the UK. We haven't been to France since before Covid and always used aires and Acsi sites. Do you think it would be useful to get a card before we go. We are travelling Poole Cherbour g 18th September for 5 weeks probably looking around Brittany and the Charente maritime

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
I wonder what would happen if someone, with the “Privilege pack”, had booked ahead and then found the Aire full as a result.
They would need to call the CCP help number and report the problem but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to sort it out. In the past we have found the aire at Fontaine de Vaucluse to be full with fewer than the max number of motorhomes spreading themselves out and me calling CCP twice failed to get the situation resolved. Therefore, when we found the same situation at Lion sur Mer we didn't even bother reporting it and just moved on. For that reason I wouldn't waste money on the Privilege Pack.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
They would need to call the CCP help number and report the problem but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to sort it out. In the past we have found the aire at Fontaine de Vaucluse to be full with fewer than the max number of motorhomes spreading themselves out and me calling CCP twice failed to get the situation resolved. Therefore, when we found the same situation at Lion sur Mer we didn't even bother reporting it and just moved on. For that reason I wouldn't waste money on the Privilege Pack.
We have never found the Privilege Pack necessary.

However, when visiting the small Aire at Lion sur Mer we had a contretemps with the barrier which came down on the m/h as we entered, jamming between the rear of the vehicle and the bikes on the bike rack. Interesting experience but CCP dealt with it well.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Get ready to shoot me down in flames but don't you think the level of vandalism in the UK is just too high for this kind to work? Not everywhere, obviously, but even in the smallest and nicest of places bored kids find things to destroy. I mean, CCP sites have no one there all the time to oversee them. Imagine what fun 'open to anyone' toilets and showers might be. And people using the electricity for free. It's not like the sites are secure; anyone can get in. Personally (remember this is my personal opinion), I don't think it would work in the UK.

OK, go, shoot me down.....

Michael.

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2022
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima De Luxe
Can you just rock up to these sites and buy a card to access or do you have to organise before you leave the UK. We haven't been to France since before Covid and always used aires and Acsi sites. Do you think it would be useful to get a card before we go. We are travelling Poole Cherbour g 18th September for 5 weeks probably looking around Brittany and the Charente maritime
Get one before you go, we stayed at Caen recently and the machine wouldn't issue a card

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
We use them quite often for single night stays and they are pretty good. When you look at the reviews on their site you see that if it is something that needs attending to, they say they will contact the owners or local managers.

The problem on some aires is that despite a site plan on the website and another onside, there are the usual t0$$ers that park across bays to get a better view or whatever, and this causes some aggravation.

For the price they do a good job. We use free aires if there are decent ones where we are going or passing through as well. CCP Aires do seem to have fewer yobs and Carlos Fandangos than a lot of the free ones we have encountered.

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Does anyone know how many units the smallest existing CCP can hold?
There are just six at Formerie. We often stay there on the way out when head on the N10 route to Bordeaux and Spain. It's €12.50 a night when we go outside the summer holidays.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Because in the past in France it was law that every village/ town of any size should provide a free Aire for motorhomes and if they didn't you could park at the Marie.
Now all this came out of french peoples tax, so they still think they have the right to park for free but these ccp things have put a stop to this and for UK folks who are used to paying through the nose for campsites it seems all fine, but for the french it completely goes against the grain that they have to pay for something that they have already paid for.
Now whether they still pay in their tax or not we don't know, but that is the reason the French are the worst at having to pay. And I completely agree with them.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Yes its fun watching but some don't make it. we watched one van trying to tailgate another and it closed onto the van. with a crowd gathering they had to ring CCp who refused to lift the barrier until they had paid. they paid but there were quite a few raised voices. no idea what was said as they were using some kind of foreign language, or code.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Get ready to shoot me down in flames but don't you think the level of vandalism in the UK is just too high for this kind to work? Not everywhere, obviously, but even in the smallest and nicest of places bored kids find things to destroy. I mean, CCP sites have no one there all the time to oversee them. Imagine what fun 'open to anyone' toilets and showers might be. And people using the electricity for free. It's not like the sites are secure; anyone can get in. Personally (remember this is my personal opinion), I don't think it would work in the UK.

OK, go, shoot me down.....
but they do have CCTV at them

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Unlikely, CCP strategy seems to be to buy up municipal sites - no equivalent in the UK. I’m not sure what I think about them. Maybe the only salvation for many municipals, but they don’t seem to invest much in acquired sites other than install pay machines and barriers. That said I’ve stayed in plenty and they can offer great value.
We have municipal sites in Cardiff and Kirkcudbright at least, maybe more.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
but they do have CCTV at them

I doubt that would stop the feral kids in the UK. In fact, it seems they actually like CCTV cameras and play up to them, faces covered of course! By the time they've caused enough mayhem and destruction, they'll be long gone before anyone turns up to stop them.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
We have municipal sites in Cardiff and Kirkcudbright at least, maybe more.

I think the model is different in the UK and yes, there are others, Findhorn in Moray is a favourite. But mostly they operate as development trusts which would restrict their potential for private sector involvement on a for profit basis.

OP
OP
Kups
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
but for the french it completely goes against the grain that they have to pay for something that they have already paid for.
They may have paid in the past for the creation of the free aire by the local municipality BUT the Mayor has leased the site to CCP who have invested capital in upgrading the aire to CCP standards. So that's why everyone is now paying. It's win:win for the Mayor, nice annual lease payments and no maintenance costs or customer hassle/damage. Seems to me the French want the CCP electric/wifi and water services but hate paying even the measly 12 or so euros.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back