CAPTCHA problem [object object] (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Please can any of you tech-savvy Funsters save David's sanity? On and off for 3 days now he has been trying to obtain a Crit'air sticker from the official French website. He has negotiated all the usual pitfalls such as vehicle category and registration document photo less than 1MB (even tho' they specify less than 2MB). BUT each time he gets to the CAPTCHA, he is unable to enter any numbers or letters in the box - it just says [object object].

CF3F5482-9942-45FF-A6FB-C7C83652B492.jpeg

Our Slovenian neighbours are over-hearing all kinds of Anglo-Saxon expletives. Interestingly, there are no swear words as such in Slovenian - the worst phrase is apparently 'mother of a hen'. :laughing:

Any help or ideas on how to get past this CAPTCHA issue gratefully received. Thank you.

šŸ” šŸ” šŸ”

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
use a different browser and/or device
Forgot to say in my original post, but we have tried this on both Android and IOS and using Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Still the same problem with the CAPTCHA.

David also tried to contact Crit'air about this problem using their contact form, but there is a CAPTCHA at the end of that as well so he couldn't even do that! :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
This looks like a coding issue on the website. [Object Object] is what you get when you try and print an Object to the screen in Javascript. It looks like they have bound this field incorrectly. It could easily be related to the browser you are using so its also worth trying a different browser or device as suggested above. Most sites seem to be aimed at Edge so I'd try that first, but Firefox is also worth a try.

• Informative
Reactions: maz
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
You haven't got a VPN on have you?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This looks like a coding issue on the website. [Object Object] is what you get when you try and print an Object to the screen in Javascript. It looks like they have bound this field incorrectly. It could easily be related to the browser you are using so its also worth trying a different browser or device as suggested above. Most sites seem to be aimed at Edge so I'd try that first, but Firefox is also worth a try.
We hadn't heard of Edge but David will download that browser and give it a go at lunchtime. (y)

We are a bit puzzled tho' as to why none of the other browsers we have tried can cope with this. They are all in common use. :unsure:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I donā€™t appear to get the issue using Safari browser on IOS 16.3.1 when connecting directly from the UK (no VPN activated)ā€¦

33556B77-201F-401F-A4E2-A0465BA17E84.png

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Perhaps it doesn't like a phone OS ie Android or IOS
Can you access either a laptop or a PC?
David still has a laptop tucked away in a cupboard somewhere. That will be something else for him to try at lunchtime ......

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
We hadn't heard of Edge but David will download that browser and give it a go at lunchtime. (y)

We are a bit puzzled tho' as to why none of the other browsers we have tried can cope with this. They are all in common use. :unsure:
Edge is the standard Microsoft browser. It could be that they are only testing/developing on Microsoft and if you are using Apple and or android it won't be compatible. If Edge doesn't work then you are going to need to find someone with a Windows PC to give it a go.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I did it successfully using Firefox on my laptop.
We've done it successfully in the past on an Android phone and an Ipad. But now both vehicles have been re-registered in Slovenia we need new Crit'air stickers. We're trying our best to give them money but they seem to be making it rather difficult. :RollEyes:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We've done it successfully in the past on an Android phone and an Ipad. But now both vehicles have been re-registered in Slovenia we need new Crit'air stickers. We're trying our best to give them money but they seem to be making it rather difficult. :RollEyes:
Works on my iPad / Safari using the ā€˜contact usā€™ example.
Are your IOS/Android/browser versions up to date?
Have you verified the adblocker/cookie blocker ideas above?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If you have an adblocker turned on that can sometimes cause these sorts of issues.
I don't have an ad blocker on my Ipad; not sure whether David has one on his Android phone. We will check that out too. (y)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Do you have a VPN to spoof being in France or UK?
Yes, David tried the VPN for UK but it didn't help.

The bizarre thing is that we are in Slovenia using a Slovenian SIM card and trying to get stickers for Slovenian-registered vehicles. Surely it should work?! :unsure:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Many thanks to everyone for all of your ideas. We will try them out over lunch and report back. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back