Cancelation of Camping-Car Park (PACK’PRIVILEGES) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
I think the biggest issue is the marking of pitches. The App shows how many pitches then counts down from there as people book in. However, many of the Aires have no demarcation of spaces, therefore if people take more space than was used for the calculation and allocation then you could turn up to find no space but the App showing there is. They really need to mark out the pitches so people know how to park, Calais being a great example. I did write to them but got a cut and paste reply which didn’t even mention the point I was trying to raise. The golden rule is arrive early and you are almost guaranteed a space.
Agreed, we've stayed on some CCP aires with no pitch marking. However, every one of their aires has a large sign at the entrance showing the arrangements. But as we know there are people who regard signs as "for other people not them" selfish but that's the reality.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Has anyone ever found a full one? We haven't, no way I would be booking,there's always somewhere else close by anyway.
In fact if you have the app you can see if there is space before you go to it.

No, we've always got into the sites we've planned to stay at. The one at Saumur was the closest to full.
Interesting to see the growth and history of CCP and their principles behind the take over of municipal sites. They have paid local authorities over 10 million euros and now have more than 600 sites. If you have a moment, read through their website history, most enlightening particularly their environmental approach.
Yes. All the Normandy beach area sites are full throughout the summer I have found. Probably because they are small.

In the peeing rain in May we went to Jarnac Champagne north of Bordeaux and we got the last place. We kept checking the app but it seems to take a while to update. When we first looked it showed 3 free. We got the last place when we arrived. It seems everyone was trying to avoid the flooding along the Dronne. That was because we booked on the hoof.

As an aside, what does pee me off is that all the CCP aires we have stayed at have a plan of the pitches/emplacements clearly on entry.... but it seems that a lot of campers need to park where they feel like it, sometimes across several pitches unless they are demarked with bushes or logs!

Upvote 0

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Yes. All the Normandy beach area sites are full throughout the summer I have found. Probably because they are small.

In the peeing rain in May we went to Jarnac Champagne north of Bordeaux and we got the last place. We kept checking the app but it seems to take a while to update. When we first looked it showed 3 free. We got the last place when we arrived. It seems everyone was trying to avoid the flooding along the Dronne. That was because we booked on the hoof.

As an aside, what does pee me off is that all the CCP aires we have stayed at have a plan of the pitches/emplacements clearly on entry.... but it seems that a lot of campers need to park where they feel like it, sometimes across several pitches unless they are demarked with bushes or logs!
Park in front of them...

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Park in front of them...
I do that when some dick can't read "Motorcycle Parking" at our local Waitrose. Have had some interesting conversations with car owners. Only one threatened violence but the big lad next to me on the Harley with a leather cut off and something about Slaves was more up for it.

Oddly, it's further away from the store entrance. Usually the cap park has plenty of empty car spaces....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
The trouble is when CCP say spaces are delimited they are often only marked out by having a series of logs end to end along the inside of the pitches. Each van is supposed to stay within the width marked out by one log. Since the logs aren't very long (often under 10ft) I suppose it is tempting for people to go right to one edge so that they can put chairs outside and then a gradual creeping over starts along the row.

Upvote 0

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Park in front of them...
We stayed on an aire in arras..
Not a ccp ,but it was an
Aire camping car site..run by the local authority...Big sign..mohos and vans only..no campong ,no caravans..
Lovely well kept site..you can pay for 4 hrs or 24 hours...waste and chemical disposal..fresh water and electric..
I think from memory,€15 a night..
Dutch came on with a caravan..parked up across 3 bays..set up the van.
The French on site were not happy..
One call to the police..5 mins later they arrived..1 car...3 officers...
The Dutch were politely ( I think ) asked to move on...
Thats how you do it...👍👍

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
Has anyone ever found a full one? We haven't, no way I would be booking,there's always somewhere else close by anyway.
In fact if you have the app you can see if there is space before you go to it.
Hi, most of the time we like to wing it, but occasionally we need to know we have a place even if we arrive lateish.
Sedan in NE France is pretty full and turning folks away when we have been.

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Isn't that just how life is??

Yes, but my point was that having the PACK’PRIVILEGES only works if you get there early enough. It doesn't allow you to reserve a particular pitch. So, in reality, not much use unless you want to race to get there before anyone else.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
2021 Carado V132 LHD
Exp
since 2005
Yes, but my point was that having the PACK’PRIVILEGES only works if you get there early enough. It doesn't allow you to reserve a particular pitch. So, in reality, not much use unless you want to race to get there before anyone else.
Best and worst pitches? I've never noticed any major difference in pitches on a CCP site.! It's an overnight parking place, what more do you want? Especially if you are arriving late, what does the pitch matter as long as you have somewhere safe and secure to sleep? If you're staying more than 1 night then you can move in the morning when others have gone.

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have just returned from France and used a selection of pre booked CCP, Aires and then turned up at a CCP that was showing spaces. Our first stop was Briquebec and I pre booked to ensure we had a spot on our first night. I also pre booked Mont Saint Michel later in the week as it was showing as full prior to that. We also stayed at St Germain sur Ay. Did not booked as it had places available and we knew we would be there early. Vans were still arriving quite late at night and it was very full.
We went to try the aire at Granville …grotty, tight car park so moved into St Pair sur Mer. Lovely aire near the beach abd a nice coastal walk into Granville.
Last stop was Utah beach, again just turned up. Space for 49 vans but you wouldn’t get 49, 7m plus vans in there. Close to the beach and an ideal stop before Cherbourg.
We do use s4s and p4n but I was impressed with CCP and being able to book in advance is useful in the peak season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Alcfire

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 10, 2020
Grantham UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Evreux camping car park has only six places and is in town. I pre booked a place there. When I arrived, 5 were already taken with an English couple trying to get in but couldn’t understand why they couldn’t get in. When I arrived, I explained to them that I had pre booked that space, that’s why they couldn’t get in. They were not very happy and reluctantly moved so I could get in.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back