OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
That's not fair. I saw this at 1930(EST) I am on a diet and also not drinking before 2000!

I love a good Crianza. How much in the restaurant?
No restaurant, home cooking in the van. The wine was around 6 Euros in the supermarket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Forgive me if I missed it. Did you hire the motorhome or did you go on the ferry? Very interesting thread. Keep it up. šŸ‘šŸ‘
We live in Gran Canaria and bought the moho there. We are now travelling around the islands (using ferries) to get used to the van. Then up through Europe to get to Northern Ireland to visit my son.

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
We found a petrol station that had all the services we all are always looking for and they had a machine for washing out the toilet cassette. You buy a coin for ā‚¬3, put it in the machine, select your cassette model, the door opens and you slide in the cassette (after opening the sluice gate) and press start. It empties it, washes it, dries it and even dumps in some chemical liquid. Pretty cool I thought. I forgot to take a photo.....

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We found a petrol station that had all the services we all are always looking for and they had a machine for washing out the toilet cassette. You buy a coin for ā‚¬3, put it in the machine, select your cassette model, the door opens and you slide in the cassette (after opening the sluice gate) and press start. It empties it, washes it, dries it and even dumps in some chemical liquid. Pretty cool I thought. I forgot to take a photo.....

Thereā€™s a few of those machines around now, quite a lot more in Croatiaā€¦.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Do you have a subscription to Search for sites?

The information that you are gathering would be great if it could be captured. We have considered the canaries but put off by the lack of on line information (and the cost of the ferry)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
For now I'm on a free account, checking out the app.
The app is well worth the money. You get access to all the sites and reviews off line

All there is for the canaries is the aire in Los Christianos (which everyone knows about anyway) and a wild camping spot in the north. I know though that there are loads of places that we have seen with out own eyes

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
The app is well worth the money. You get access to all the sites and reviews off line

All there is for the canaries is the aire in Los Christianos (which everyone knows about anyway) and a wild camping spot in the north. I know though that there are loads of places that we have seen with out own eyes
Yes, there are many and also the law changed in Spain recently and you are now allowed to park up and sleep in any parking space big enough. No camping activities, obviously, but you can sleep in your van. We are now in a Municipal Parking right on the sea front and there are many motorhomes. No services but free parking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back