OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
gpat, are you responsible for the app you mentioned? I can send info and coordinates for the places we have stayed over these last 3 weeks. I do actually have a subscription but have not yet worked out how it all works, so need a bit more time 😀

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
This is where we are staying today, a municipal car park and motorhomes are welcome. Cooking spare ribs as we speak and drinking a Tarsus Reserva 2020. Life does not get much better.
20240718_141620.jpg
20240718_141529.jpg
20240718_141542.jpg
20240718_141523.jpg

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
So we are in Tenerife for a few days and are parked up at the Santiago del Teide recreational area for the night. It's on the road side but is quiet at night I have been informed. Bbq area with tables and seating are available.

View attachment 924314

View attachment 924316

View attachment 924317
Ok, well it wasn't quiet at all. It's the main through road for the town so traffic up to around 23:00 and started again at 06:00. Was a nice site but not practical for overnighting unfortunately.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
gpat, are you responsible for the app you mentioned? I can send info and coordinates for the places we have stayed over these last 3 weeks. I do actually have a subscription but have not yet worked out how it all works, so need a bit more time 😀
The best way to bring something to the attention of a funster is either to reply to their message (as I have done here), or quote their message.

Alternatively, type the @ before their username and they will be notified, as in Barriesimpson gpat

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I'm not responsible. But I like to contribute. Yes, if you send me coordinates and a description I will happily put them on.

You never know. We might get a free subscription.🙏🙏

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
The best way to bring something to the attention of a funster is either to reply to their message (as I have done here), or quote their message.

Alternatively, type the @ before their username and they will be notified, as in Barriesimpson gpat
Ok, thanks for the info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Barrie,

May I firstly say that you and your posts/photos have slotted in well on this forum since you joined in May.

You seem to be enjoying your shake-down tour of the islands, without much hassle.

It seems that finding parking on the islands is fairly easy, even at this time of year.

We have visited La Palma(x2,) La Gomera and Gran Canaria and we have wondered about bringing the MH over, but it is a long way from Poland and technically, although Resident in Poland, I am still restricted to 90/180 in other EU countries. This is not a problem crossing European mainland internal borders with no checks, but are there checks on EU Residents (not Citizens) when entering Canaries ports? I presume you are Resident, not Citizen - are you checked?

Keep enjoying the MH, and your food.

Geoff

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Barrie,

May I firstly say that you and your posts/photos have slotted in well on this forum since you joined in May.

You seem to be enjoying your shake-down tour of the islands, without much hassle.

It seems that finding parking on the islands is fairly easy, even at this time of year.

We have visited La Palma(x2,) La Gomera and Gran Canaria and we have wondered about bringing the MH over, but it is a long way from Poland and technically, although Resident in Poland, I am still restricted to 90/180 in other EU countries. This is not a problem crossing European mainland internal borders with no checks, but are there checks on EU Residents (not Citizens) when entering Canaries ports? I presume you are Resident, not Citizen - are you checked?

Keep enjoying the MH, and your food.

Geoff
Hi Geoff, yes there are checks and the 90/180 is enforced apparently. I'm a permanent resident, so does not affect me.

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
We found a petrol station that had all the services we all are always looking for and they had a machine for washing out the toilet cassette. You buy a coin for €3, put it in the machine, select your cassette model, the door opens and you slide in the cassette (after opening the sluice gate) and press start. It empties it, washes it, dries it and even dumps in some chemical liquid. Pretty cool I thought. I forgot to take a photo.....
That's useful. Do you have the name and location of the petrol station please

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Yes, there are many and also the law changed in Spain recently and you are now allowed to park up and sleep in any parking space big enough. No camping activities, obviously, but you can sleep in your van. We are now in a Municipal Parking right on the sea front and there are many motorhomes. No services but free parking.
Sounds like Puerto de la Cruz

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Geoff, yes there are checks and the 90/180 is enforced apparently. I'm a permanent resident, so does not affect me.

That statement seems contrary to another Permanent Resident, here -

[IMG alt="jumar"]https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/data/avatars/m/23/23578.jpg?1434429713[/IMG]

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012 3,952 12,490 SpainFunster No23,578MHHymer TrampExpSince 1994
They are residents of spain that's correct. So is @jumar and @jumartoo. That doesn't entitle them to more than 90 days in Portugal. Although like before b, rexit no one really cares or checks. But you were never supposed to be more than 90 days in another country.

But I can't see them doing that anyway ,they'll want to maximise youtube income by getting viewers for the travel and other viewers for the off grid land .

It's all about the wonga
Totally correct Tam, we Having Permanent Resident status in Spain are restricted in Schengen too...however we are entitled to extended periods back in the UK if we so wished..The conditions are fully explained in the WA...

Last edited: Today at 6:29 AM
Martin.

When I looked into whether changing my status in Poland from Resident to Permanent Resident I found that it did not give me more than 90/1800 days outside Poland within Schengen.

Let's get this resolved, to everyone's satisfaction.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

[IMG alt="jumar"]https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/data/avatars/m/23/23578.jpg?1434429713[/IMG]

jumar

LIFE MEMBER

Totally correct Tam, we Having Permanent Resident status in Spain are restricted in Schengen too...however we are entitled to extended periods back in the UK if we so wished..The conditions are fully explained in the WA...

Martin.

When I looked into whether changing my status in Poland from Resident to Permanent Resident I found that it did not give me more than 90/1800 days outside Poland within Schengen.

I thought it already was resolved , 90 days is legally the maximum you can stay in another country without applying for a visa. BUT as shengen has no borders it's hard to check. But I guess if you broke the law or something you'd be required to prove you hadn't stayed longer. I believe that's always been the case . It's just now more noticeable for brits as we get checked. But the first 2 years I longterm travelled in Spain and Portugal I was technically meant to leave after 90 days then re enter to reset clock ... but I believe anything longer than 180 days it changes again.

Someone who can explain it better will be along soon .

But if you Google " how long can I stay in a foreign country for" it generally says 90 days with no visa , longer requires a visa

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I thought it already was resolved , 90 days is legally the maximum you can stay in another country without applying for a visa. BUT as shengen has no borders it's hard to check. But I guess if you broke the law or something you'd be required to prove you hadn't stayed longer. I believe that's always been the case . It's just now more noticeable for brits as we get checked. But the first 2 years I longterm travelled in Spain and Portugal I was technically meant to leave after 90 days then re enter to reset clock ... but I believe anything longer than 180 days it changes again.

Someone who can explain it better will be along soon .

But if you Google " how long can I stay in a foreign country for" it generally says 90 days with no visa , longer requires a visa

Tam, the discussion is not about Brits in Europe, but about any differences of travel rights of EU country 'Permanent Residents' compared with EU country 'Residents'.

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp

jumar

LIFE MEMBER

Martin.

I am a permanent Spanish resident so have all the rights of a national. As Spain is still in the European union I can stay for as long as I like in any other European union country. In the UK, being a British Citizen I can also stay as long as I like, and vote too 😀

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, the discussion is not about Brits in Europe, but about any differences of travel rights of EU country 'Permanent Residents' compared with EU country 'Residents'.
I'm not talking about brits I'm talking about any European. Germans for instance are only really legally allowed to be in Spain, or in France or in Greece for 90 days without a visa . Same with French or Spanish. But because there's no shengen borders so no way of actually checking then it isn't enforced . As brits we were the same before brexit.

I don't think it matters whether you're a permanent resident or not.

If I got residency in Portu
I am a permanent Spanish resident so have all the rights of a national. As Spain is still in the European union I can stay for as long as I like in any other European union country. In the UK, being a British Citizen I can also stay as long as I like, and vote too 😀
See this is unfortunately the common misconception but it's not correct.

I used Germany as a Google example just because I'm there now and I searched how long can a Spanish national stay in Germany. This is the results.

Screenshot_20240721_163115_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20240721_163137_Google.jpg

It's pretty much the Same throughout Europe. BUT

Because there are no borders if you stay under the radar then it's doubtful you'd experience any difficulty. But legally it is 90 days . Or you need a visa

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back