Camping-car park

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In my panic this morning to book for tonight because my husband couldn’t make his mind up, I couldn’t work out how to pay from my account that I had topped up. The option did not appear. So just paid on my card but what did I do wrong?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
From memory the payment option for the camping card is a little greyed out under your chosen credit card (so you give them more money by mistake I guess ) . It was the same when I went to renew my subscription with them

OP
OP
Hawkstone
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
From memory the payment option for the camping card is a little greyed out under your chosen credit card (so you give them more money by mistake I guess ) . It was the same when I went to renew my subscription with them
Thank you. It was greyed out as you say and wouldn’t let me click on it on my iPad. 🤷‍♀️

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
In my panic this morning to book for tonight because my husband couldn’t make his mind up, I couldn’t work out how to pay from my account that I had topped up. The option did not appear. So just paid on my card but what did I do wrong?
We use them quite a bit ( only just back again) never book with them and can only remember once that we couldnt get in - which was a very small one (Lion sur mer) by a port arriving late at night a few weeks ago. we joined the others in the adjacent coach bays without a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are booking a CCP site they take money from your card not what's in your account. Seems odd, but that's how it works. :)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I have never had trouble paying from my CCP account when booking on line, could it be something to do with you being UK based?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
For info, not only can you top up at the barrier machine, you can also get a replacement card!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You're wise to book. Not sure where you are but I've just been looking at the CCP sites in Brittany and they are all, with a few exceptions, full.

OP
OP
Hawkstone
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you are booking a CCP site they take money from your card not what's in your account. Seems odd, but that's how it works. :)
That’s odd , so I guess you use the card if you just turn up then ?
I have never had trouble paying from my CCP account when booking on line, could it be something to do with you being UK based?
ah could be . I am not worried either way really just thought it odd 😜

You're wise to book. Not sure where you are but I've just been looking at the CCP sites in Brittany and they are all, with a few exceptions, full.
Yep. I looked at a couple of alternatives and they were full. We will use aires, S4S,P4N and municipal if needed. Winging it a bit 🤣

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That’s odd , so I guess you use the card if you just turn up then ?
You don't pay anything when you arrive at a CCP aire. Just wave the CCP card at the barrier thingy and it should open. To leave you need to have enough money in your account to cover your stay. You can top up online or at the card machine at the barrier, assuming there is a card machine, a very few don't have one.

It's only when booking you pay in advance.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’ve just had 5 weeks and used CCP, P4N and the new AirePark.

We’ve only not been able to get into one, in Ouistreham, but drove a few miles and got into Collevile-Montgomery.

We covered the Loire, Brittany and Normandy and had no problem. 👍

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
You don't pay anything when you arrive at a CCP aire. Just wave the CCP card at the barrier thingy and it should open. To leave you need to have enough money in your account to cover your stay. You can top up online or at the card machine at the barrier, assuming there is a card machine, a very few don't have one.

It's only when booking you pay in advance.

Do you mean wave it at the barrier itself or at the machine? Are you supposed to be able to do this without getting out of your MH? Hubby always makes me get out and faff about at the machine 🤷‍♂️

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
My wife leans out of the passenger window and puts the CCP card on top of the black sensor thing on the machine, then the barrier opens.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Do you mean wave it at the barrier itself or at the machine? Are you supposed to be able to do this without getting out of your MH? Hubby always makes me get out and faff about at the machine 🤷‍♂️
There's a little square thing just before the barrier. It isn't obvious what you are supposed to do but pressing the CCP card on it should raise the barrier.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Can I just hijack thread with a question I’ve just posted - thank you ‘Reallyretired’ for your reply already…..

´Morning all. We are booked into a Camping-Car Park in France (been members for years but first use). I’m aware you can come and go within the 24hrs and still have a pitch on return. Do people leave anything to keep their pitch - it’s one of the ´Camping de mon village’ sites so more campsite than aire - or get whichever pitch is still available on your return? We are hoping to arrive about 2ish but then got to leave for a couple of hours so won’t be back until around 5.30 when I presume all the best pitches will then be taken. Alternatively I could remain on pitch whilst hubby goes ??´

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There's a little square thing just before the barrier. It isn't obvious what you are supposed to do but pressing the CCP card on it should raise the barrier.

Thank you so much! I didn't know that :)

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can I just hijack thread with a question I’ve just posted - thank you ‘Reallyretired’ for your reply already…..

´Morning all. We are booked into a Camping-Car Park in France (been members for years but first use). I’m aware you can come and go within the 24hrs and still have a pitch on return. Do people leave anything to keep their pitch - it’s one of the ´Camping de mon village’ sites so more campsite than aire - or get whichever pitch is still available on your return? We are hoping to arrive about 2ish but then got to leave for a couple of hours so won’t be back until around 5.30 when I presume all the best pitches will then be taken. Alternatively I could remain on pitch whilst hubby goes ??´
I would leave something behind if you want to keep the pitch and especially if the site is busy.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you so much! I didn't know that :)
Sad person that I am I even have a photo of one, I think the designs differ but they generally look something like this. If the barrier doesn't open when you come to leave check what the LCD screen is saying. Our usual reason is "Insufficient funds" meaning you forgot to top up the account. It will be in French but is understandable. Look for something like "Insuffisant". :)

PXL_20220511_082154895.jpg

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Sad person that I am I even have a photo of one, I think the designs differ but they generally look something like this. If the barrier doesn't open when you come to leave check what the LCD screen is saying. Our usual reason is "Insufficient funds" meaning you forgot to top up the account. It will be in French but is understandable. Look for something like "Insuffisant". :)

View attachment 935806

Thank you SO much! Sometimes, it's the simplest things that can make a day enjoyable instead of stressful :) xx

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
since 2006
do you have the PACK'PRIVILÈGES which i understand you need to prebook

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Wave it close to the keypad, but first make sure your van is with about 1m of the barrier or it won't register.

OP
OP
Hawkstone
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wave it close to the keypad, but first make sure your van is with about 1m of the barrier or it won't register.
And we are in a Bricquebec. The toilets are out of order which is a bit naughty if you are paying customers. And the card came out of the machine no problem 😉

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
And we are in a Bricquebec. The toilets are out of order which is a bit naughty if you are paying customers. And the card came out of the machine no problem 😉

Their website says they're open all year. Have you rung to report it?

1723731101210.png

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I will try although it’s a bank holiday today so doubt I would get an answer. Will have a go. The paper sign on the door looks quite new.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Mainly because I've been working :rolleyes:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Mainly because I've been working :rolleyes:
CCP call centre works 24/7 365 days, and if you have completed all your membership info on their website including your mobile phone number your call will be recognised by the system, answered by a person speaking your native language and they will know your name and even where you are if you are using one of their aires. Le Grand Frère vous surveille.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back