Rally Chat CAMC - reckon we’ll be banned (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
IF there is a fight on a School Bus, the driver is not allowed to touch a pupil because, if he did to stop the fight, he could get accused of touching the child indecently or aggressively AND with the misguided support of the said pupils friends on the Bus, he/she could not only lose their jobs but land up in prison!
One word.Cameras. Whether allowed or not..here the driver drives & the transport has a monitor on it. Teacher ,teaching assistant or parent. If there are problems the monitor slaps the child. Any complaints they get slapped again.
The other issue is that if the child is shown to have lied there is no sanction.
as above cameras & here they get refused transport.
.still no warden...
You frightened them off.:LOL:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
What’s the new Awning to Awning rule? That wouldn’t go down well on the Continent!
Door to door if it's easier to understand.

We've only been on one rally on the continent.
A very large international rally in Germany for Octoberfest .
(We went as an individual , not as a group )

There was a strict rule of no door to door pitching

The picture shows a group of very non communicative Brits, parked up with no door to door pitching.
So I can't comment on other rallies. Sorry.

IMG-20240815-WA0000.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
One word.Cameras. Whether allowed or not..here the driver drives & the transport has a monitor on it. Teacher ,teaching assistant or parent. If there are problems the monitor slaps the child. Any complaints they get slapped again.

as above cameras & here they get refused transport.

You frightened them off.:LOL:

We used to have people that did that, now, although the school & parents complain, no-one will volunteer to do the job and British law doesn't allow it! 😡

PS. ALL my buses had cameras & monitors (the TV kind).

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Me too but do you realise that you must have paid a CLUB 😱about £1000 in that time (25+years at £35-£50) just to use their 5 pitch site and THS's

Yer kept that quiet ! 😄
Originally joined so I could insure a trailer tent.
Over the years used them to book ferry crossing and tunnel. Not so much now as mainly use Newhaven/Dieppe.
Then there is Cotswold Outdoor & Mountain Warehouse discounts so probably hasn't cost me a lot.
Had the 50% discount for years and easily save the cost of that each year.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Sadly rather a simplistic view gus-lopez. If anyone, including a parent, slaps a child publicly in the UK they are likely to be arrested and charged with assault, have that marked on their DBS record and be unable to work anywhere near children again even if not charged. .If they live in a house with children Children's Services will become involved alongside the police. That will trigger a section 37 and/or section 47 report during or after which, the children may be removed into care, or the offender has to leave the home until any investigation is complete.

Anyone thinking of it, don't go there because you cannot win.

Also, Local Authorities will not pay for someone to travel with the children except is certain cases where the child need a 'carer'. Even in that situation, the carer has no authority to control or discipline the other children in the vehicle. Any parent wishing to travel with the children as a monitor or under any circumstances will need enhanced DBS clearance and probably a local authority issued chaperone license, plus the permission of the local authority to be on the vehicle. .

Camera's are sometime in use, but no-one is allowed to view them unless an authorised law enforcement official on the list published by the ICO. That's both a privacy issue and because it's children.

Do I think it's right. No. Is that the actual situation. Yes!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have been CAMC members since 2007. In that time we have only ever encountered two obnoxious wardens which was on Rosedale in Yorkshire and another one somewhere else, I can’t remember. In the main they have been very helpful, when you see what they have to put up with. We’ve all seen the disgusting state left by members in the toilets.
I’m trying my best to support them when confronted by some extremely rude campers.
Phil

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Well we managed to break a rule this morning when leaving Hawes CAMC site. Pulled off our pitch and M decided he needed to use the toilet in the toilet block, he pulled in with the caravan hooked up just as a couple of wardens were walking around, one of the them shouted quite loudly from a distance ‘get off the grass’.

Now, wouldn’t it have been nicer if she had walked across and said something like ‘we don’t like people parking on the grass’. Sergeant Major comes to mind.

Wonder if we’ll be banned from their sites? 🤣🤣🤣
Man overboard in the Senior Service….

And if you had spent as much time as I have painting grass green, you would never dream of driving on it….

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Experience in France this month where the site receprionist was very rude but with a nice smile that I didn't realise I'd been insulted until after I left her.

She had one of two toilet blocks closed off and on the other block was alternating the mens and womens side, as unisex.
We told her the block she said we had to use was locked and she gave us a friendly, smiling lecture about signs and times which ended with, "You only have to read".

Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Doesn’t the CCC model itself on being the ‘Friendly Club’ ? Perhaps in a dig at the CMC ?

Tbh I never really appreciated the different approach between the clubs but having done quite a few club sites (for both clubs) this year I am beginning to see a different welcoming manner from the wardens.

Having said the above, despite the ridiculous high prices, both sets of wardens are pretty good in the main and 99% work extremely hard to make their sites work well.

Mar 14, 2011
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Itineo A Class
Exp
10yrs
Interesting that many of the comments complaining about wardens are from people who are infringing the rules (albeit very slightly)..arriving late, dogs not on leads, reserving pitches etc.

Of course I can see the frustration from the folks posting but the wardens are only doing their job and if they are rude or short it may well be that you are the 10th person that day to break the rules slightly then argue with them about why it’s ok.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Not any more. It's had a rebrand which doesn't include " The Friendly Club"

I thought this, so when I was on one of their sites a few weeks back the Warden said "No, we have retained the words Friendly Club?" 🤔

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Interesting that many of the comments complaining about wardens are from people who are infringing the rules (albeit very slightly)..arriving late, dogs not on leads, reserving pitches etc.

Of course I can see the frustration from the folks posting but the wardens are only doing their job and if they are rude or short it may well be that you are the 10th person that day to break the rules slightly then argue with them about why it’s ok.
As I read your post I found myself comparing the stress of being a warden compared with being a GP receptionist. Now there is a job where control to avoid emotional dysregulation is very much required!!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
As I read your post I found myself comparing the stress of being a warden compared with being a GP receptionist. Now there is a job where control to avoid emotional dysregulation is very much required!!

Ours is now surrounded by Safety Glass and a microphone, no more discreet chats are available 😢

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Caravan holidays in the 50's with our mum came to mind:

"Right, we're leaving shortly so everyone go to the loo".

"But mum, I've just been!"

"Never mind, go and have a try".

(20 years later I was saying the same to my own kids).
A "Just in case wee" is what we say to all the childminded kids.

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
When I bought my van I discovered that one of the camping clubs called theirs "The friendly club."
So I joined that, and have never regretted it. All of the site staff I've ever spoken to have been friendly and polite, and I mean every single one.
If your club's staff aren't, you know what to do...

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
It's very odd. We've been to a number of sites where reviews have complained about grumpy or rude wardens, but when we got there, the staff were friendly, helpful and polite.

We use C&MC sites quite a lot (including Hawes a couple of weeks ago) and again, the wardens were charming and friendly.

We were asked, on arrival at Hawes, not to drive on the grass, so we didn't. If we had, and a warden saw us, I expect we'd have been told off.
Exactly my experience as well, I have never seen the type of warden portrayed on this site, I have however, seen the obnoxious and rude camper, on many occasions, and they are most likely the ones writing the bad reviews

OP
OP
MikenPauline
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018

It was only about 10.00 in the morning so I can’t see that we were the 10th or probably even the second person to break a rule. We hadn’t intentionally broke the rule. She might have been doing her job but instead of shouting out across the site ‘GET OFF THE GRASS’ in capitals due to the tone of voice, a walk over or waited until M got close to her and a ‘I’m sorry, you can’t park there, you’re touching the grass with your wheels’ would have made all the difference.

Apr 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail arapaho SE
Well we managed to break a rule this morning when leaving Hawes CAMC site. Pulled off our pitch and M decided he needed to use the toilet in the toilet block, he pulled in with the caravan hooked up just as a couple of wardens were walking around, one of the them shouted quite loudly from a distance ‘get off the grass’.

Now, wouldn’t it have been nicer if she had walked across and said something like ‘we don’t like people parking on the grass’. Sergeant Major comes to mind.

Wonder if we’ll be banned from their sites? 🤣🤣🤣
Was the wardens name MATT by any chance as he banned me in May as my motorhome is 9 inch to big for that site having been for 5 years previously with the same motorhome and no problems

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido

Yes, agree, the rules are for everyones benefit. Their hardly prescriptive, just common sense and to protect the environment…..

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Was the wardens name MATT by any chance as he banned me in May as my motorhome is 9 inch to big for that site having been for 5 years previously with the same motorhome and no problems
So where do they draw the line? 9”, 2’, 5’?

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
It was only about 10.00 in the morning so I can’t see that we were the 10th or probably even the second person to break a rule. We hadn’t intentionally broke the rule. She might have been doing her job but instead of shouting out across the site ‘GET OFF THE GRASS’ in capitals due to the tone of voice, a walk over or waited until M got close to her and a ‘I’m sorry, you can’t park there, you’re touching the grass with your wheels’ would have made all the difference.
Put yourself in her shoes? If it happens repeatedly you can see the frustration? She has to repair the grass you have driven on….would you park on your own lawn?

OP
OP
MikenPauline
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
No, it wasn’t a man.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
New logo top left.
Black and white. Nothing else.
I believe it's cost a lot of money to do that.

IMG_20240818_110759057.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When I bought my van I discovered that one of the camping clubs called theirs "The friendly club."
So I joined that, and have never regretted it. All of the site staff I've ever spoken to have been friendly and polite, and I mean every single one.
If your club's staff aren't, you know what to do...
Likewise for us with C&MC

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
This has created loads of posts!
My view, the OP was aware of the rules but decided it didn’t apply to them. “ We were only stopping for a moment to use the toilet”.
Same as motorists stopping on double yellow lines with hazards on because they have just popped in the shop to buy a paper.
The warden shouted, if the warden was some meters away why wouldn’t they shout?
It seems so straightforward to me, you knew the rules but took the view they didn’t apply to you. You then got upset because the warden shouted at you!
Perhaps if you had complied with the rules, of which you were well aware, there would have been no need for a third party intervention.
Sorry, but I really can’t see why you should seek to blame the warden for doing their job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back