Rally Chat CAMC - reckon we’ll be banned (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
There are a few. Hedges/trees are the norm on most continental sites.
I am very aware of European sites. The comment was meant to be a retort to lennys post criticising the cmc sites for no hedges between pitches; , when he promotes the virtues of aires, Most of which are void of any separation.
I Emphasise most Aires not all, are mostly dedicated parking areas with little to no segregation.
A simple flippant remark that’s all

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
Reading this quite long thread I find my sympathies are about evenly divided between the campsite staff and us campers. Maybe this is just what people are like? Some considerate and polite, some not?
You could argue I suppose that they are paid and we are paying; but that is just the sort of entitlement that puts me on edge. Just be polite, why not?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Why do they have grass on CCC and CAMC sites and then shout at people for going near it 🤷 A golf course or cricket pitch I can understand but the fees for pro camping sites would easily cover providing a suitable grassguard type surface 🤬

Oct 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65FL
Exp
2 years around Europe
Ah, the elusive Hobo, I was beginning to wonder if you actually existed? 😄

EDIT:Just had a look at your profile and it states that you joined in 2020.
I joined in 2018 and when I tried to register just Hobo, it said that Hobo was unavailable, perhaps Jim could explain that? 🤔

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Bonjour L’Hobo😂😜. Apologies for depriving you of your dream name. And yes I have been a bit quiet since I joined in 2018, been trying to figure out which buttons to press, due to my incredible IT skills 😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Bonjour L’Hobo😂😜. Apologies for depriving you of your dream name. And yes I have been a bit quiet since I joined in 2018, been trying to figure out which buttons to press, due to my incredible IT skills 😃

It would appear, that problem hereditary in the Hobo family, I have the same affliction! 😄

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
I know some C&MC sites have implemented a "phone site only booking system" if you exceed the maximum length stated on their website. This because they have a restricted number of pitches that can take up to the maximum length. Not all pitches can take the maximum length.
Very recent experience at Garlieston. They say max length 7.5m, I've been thrice before at 7.95m.
Phoned and no problem - into walled garden area to coned pitch. All good and polite.
(I probably use 20 CAMC sites per year over past 14 years)

Afterwards to newly upgraded Chirk Lady Margaret. They have new fast track entry system - all dependent on mobile phone text messages which I didn't know about. Have tried to upload my number several times today but website doesn't update. Seems they are heading for automatic people-less system.

Mr CAMC at entrance was grumpy as hell BEFORE I had said anything. CAMC need to realise that no amount of fancy ANPR and lovely loos are a replacement for "hello. welcome" and a smile. We are paying customers!

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
p.s.
Caravan and camping club in Kendal were "the friendly club".
Cheery welcome despite biblical weather, walk ahead to pitch, helpful wingman guidance to park, chat and local knowledge each time our paths crossed.
In sharp contrast to above.

I'm the same person!!! So I'm guessing it's training from up higher.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Very recent experience at Garlieston. They say max length 7.5m, I've been thrice before at 7.95m.
Phoned and no problem - into walled garden area to coned pitch. All good and polite.
(I probably use 20 CAMC sites per year over past 14 years)
Yip, Judith and Edgar are one of the best warden teams in the network!(y)

They even had a wee article on them in the Club magazine when Edgar went out late evening in horrendous weather and rescued a caravanner who had broken down on route to the site!:notworthy2:

We thought the previous couple, Martin and Ann would be difficult to replace when they left but .....

Unfortunately, we believe Judith and Edgar are leaving at the end of this season!:crying:

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
yes, Edgar said they were moving for family reasons.
He didn't know where - apparently all staff find out at the same tome where their next posting will be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
p.s.
Caravan and camping club in Kendal were "the friendly club".
Cheery welcome despite biblical weather, walk ahead to pitch, helpful wingman guidance to park, chat and local knowledge each time our paths crossed.
In sharp contrast to above.

I'm the same person!!! So I'm guessing it's training from up higher.
My theory was that actually writing "The Friendly Club" next to their name was a powerful incentive to their staff; and being grumpy would mean folk reminding them about it pretty soon .. now I discover they have changed their logo and don't mention it any more. To their probable detriment, imo.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
My theory was that actually writing "The Friendly Club" next to their name was a powerful incentive to their staff; and being grumpy would mean folk reminding them about it pretty soon .. now I discover they have changed their logo and don't mention it any more. To their probable detriment, imo.

IMO what's written on ANY logo has never made one iota of difference, too me it's the service that counts and I have always found it friendly! 🤔

Jan 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
La Strada
IMO what's written on ANY logo has never made one iota of difference, too me it's the service that counts and I have always found it friendly! 🤔
OK- but it is why I joined them rather than any other club .. and i was always primed to say "Hey, aren't you supposed to be the FRIENDLY club? when faced with grumpiness. Which like you, so far I never ever have been.. I think if a decent sized organisation is prepared to say up front that it is friendly, that is worth something. Don't you? Most aren't.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
OK- but it is why I joined them rather than any other club .. and i was always primed to say "Hey, aren't you supposed to be the FRIENDLY club? when faced with grumpiness. Which like you, so far I never ever have been.. I think if a decent sized organisation is prepared to say up front that it is friendly, that is worth something. Don't you? Most aren't.
I had a Coach company for many years, I never thought of saying on any of my Coaches or brochures that we were friendly, I think most people thinks that goes with the territory? 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back