Rally Chat CAMC - reckon we’ll be banned (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I did some IT consultancy for one retailer who what been on the very poor end of a couple of mystery shopper reports. They wanted IT to improve the customer experience. I asked to see the reports before pointing out that short of robots or self service points, IT was not the solution, improving customer service was. A short chat with some shop floor staff showed that they were constantly being off the shop floor doing stocktakes, manual ordering etc.

I got the job of specing and installing a sales and stock management system, while HR started staff training on customer service. I was asked to attend one to brief the staff on what was to come shortly.

The funniest thing was the instructor introduced customer service as being the biggest issue the business had to tackle citing several examples before asking for any questions that people wanted addressing during the session. One wit asked when they were going to start training the customers?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Only stayed on a couple of their sites and both times met little Hitler wardens, that was enough to put me off for life.
The wardens also have to put up some pretty obnoxious customers recently at one site at Bridlington a warden was being perfectly polite and said to the customer good morning sir how can I help, the retort was: ‘Don’t call me Sir, I left the military a while ago’

What is a warden supposed to do with that? Not all customers are polite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The wardens also have to put up some pretty obnoxious customers recently at one site at Bridlington a warden was being perfectly polite and said to the customer good morning sir how can I help, the retort was: ‘Don’t call me Sir, I left the military a while ago’

Say 'Sorry Madam' ?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004

A little like the fortunately rare, but really annoying female when you go through a door and hold it open to be told, I'm quite capable of opening a door! OK... next time I see you coming I'll slam it and lock it behind me! I hold doors open for anyone that's following whatever their gender, age, colour, size, pregnant or not, in a wheelchair or not. It was called good manners.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
A little like the fortunately rare, but really annoying female when you go through a door and hold it open to be told, I'm quite capable of opening a door! OK... next time I see you coming I'll slam it and lock it behind me! I hold doors open for anyone that's following whatever their gender, age, colour, size, pregnant or not, in a wheelchair or not. It was called good manners.
as they say you can’t please everyone all of the time.

Often women are denigrated either as objects or lessor and not saying by you so when you carry out an act of kindness by opening the door it can be misinterpreted

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I’ve not seen many aires with hedges separating parking lots🤭
Play your cards right though and you may get a white line so your neighbour knows where to put the centreline of their van! :whistle2:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hey, what about Scottish?
Oh aye right stoopit question!:giggler:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
OK... Lets ad race to the list of things ignored. Difficult to tell if Scottish unless wearing a kilt though! :laughing:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We arrived at our place last night...we were allowed to park up where we wanted...a sea view would be nice...there is just 15 left but 8 were taken before sundown....no boundaries.The beach is 20 metres away...as is the outside shower and wonderful toilets...
We hadn't had cause to speak to the wardens, but the Police passed by just once...
I chatted to a Italian and local Spanish fisherman....both very polite and enthusiastic it what their day brings....still no warden...
We've been for a 2.5 hour bike ride...greeted everyone in earshot, wishing them good morning....returned to our start point to find all sea view are taken..Our neighbours are preparing to have lunch and we will too..
no wardens or rude people here... everyone speaks with us....Welcome to Galicia...

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Often women are denigrated either as objects or lessor and not saying by you so when you carry out an act of kindness by opening the door it can be misinterpreted
i agree with your initial thought, but in both cases, I already had the door open, so I was just stopping it closing in their faces. Difficult to see how it could be misinterpreted unless someone is an out and out feminist. But there you go. We have just been out for lunch, held the door open for a lady who said thank you and carried on. (No not Mrs Meanders who was also with me)

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Well we managed to break a rule this morning when leaving Hawes CAMC site. Pulled off our pitch and M decided he needed to use the toilet in the toilet block, he pulled in with the caravan hooked up just as a couple of wardens were walking around, one of the them shouted quite loudly from a distance ‘get off the grass’.

Now, wouldn’t it have been nicer if she had walked across and said something like ‘we don’t like people parking on the grass’. Sergeant Major comes to mind.

Wonder if we’ll be banned from their sites? 🤣🤣🤣
Very late to this post but why did you pull onto the grass?
Did you need to?
Presumably there were notices not to drive on the grass and churn it up?
I was on a site this week and they clearly stated if you churned up the grass they would charge you £25.00. If you needed towing off when you went on the grass the charge was £50, £25 to the Yorkshire air ambulance, didn’t seem a problem to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikenPauline
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
Very late to this post but why did you pull onto the grass?
Did you need to?
Presumably there were notices not to drive on the grass and churn it up?
I was on a site this week and they clearly stated if you churned up the grass they would charge you £25.00. If you needed towing off when you went on the grass the charge was £50, £25 to the Yorkshire air ambulance, didn’t seem a problem to me.
I said in my post why we pulled up. It wasn’t easy to pull in anywhere where it wasn’t going to cause a problem and we had literally pulled up when we got shouted at.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When prince William was at sandhurst he walked across the adjutants lawn. A major no no.
A top window opened and the cry came out "Oh Wales, get off my f****ing grass".
My son was at Sandhurst at the same time as PW but on a different course although there were some shared exercises. My son "shot" PW who was made to lie in the mud like the other casualties. PW stood a round in the bar later that night and did have a (forced) laugh at being ambushed by a ****** Saturday and Sunday soldier.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I find referencing wardens to Hitler a bit offensive.
We've got lots of experience of working on campsites and helping out/ running THS and the like.

A couple of years ago a trusted member on here mentioned a Hitler type on a THS. ( That Hitler was me and of course I know what happened)

It is so obvious that some people don't like being told what the rules of a place are .

We are currently helping out at a large CCC event . The no awning to awning rule is upsetting a few. Tough.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We've got lots of experience of working on campsites and helping out/ running THS and the like.

A couple of years ago a trusted member on here mentioned a Hitler type on a THS. ( That Hitler was me and of course I know what happened)

It is so obvious that some people don't like being told what the rules of a place are .

We are currently helping out at a large CCC event . The no awning to awning rule is upsetting a few. Tough.
What’s the new Awning to Awning rule? That wouldn’t go down well on the Continent!

OP
OP
MikenPauline
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018

We don’t mind that they have rules but like I’ve previously mentioned it was the fact that we were shouted at as soon as we pulled in that annoyed us.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
The classic answer to that female is “I am holding it for you because I am a gentleman, not because you are a lady”!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back