Rally Chat CAMC - reckon we’ll be banned (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
Well we managed to break a rule this morning when leaving Hawes CAMC site. Pulled off our pitch and M decided he needed to use the toilet in the toilet block, he pulled in with the caravan hooked up just as a couple of wardens were walking around, one of the them shouted quite loudly from a distance ‘get off the grass’.

Now, wouldn’t it have been nicer if she had walked across and said something like ‘we don’t like people parking on the grass’. Sergeant Major comes to mind.

Wonder if we’ll be banned from their sites? 🤣🤣🤣

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
24il22.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
Well we managed to break a rule this morning when leaving Hawes CAMC site. Pulled off our pitch and M decided he needed to use the toilet in the toilet block, he pulled in with the caravan hooked up just as a couple of wardens were walking around, one of the them shouted quite loudly from a distance ‘get off the grass’.

Now, wouldn’t it have been nicer if she had walked across and said something like ‘we don’t like people parking on the grass’. Sergeant Major comes to mind.

Wonder if we’ll be banned from their sites? 🤣🤣🤣

There are more inconvenient places to park ..... :LOL:

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Like everywhere you get nice folk and bad. Unlike some I never rave about how great wardens are because I expect good service and a polite attitude for what I pay. In the UK we always stay on sites and with one CMC exception (Thirsk) this year all staff have been helpful and pleasant.

OP
OP
MikenPauline
Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
I do wish CAMC would lighten up.
Instead of "Get back in your van and wait until you can move foreword", be rather more courteous to say "welcome, good journey? Have you come far " etc
The ones we had talked to while we were there for a week were very pleasant. I understand that they have rules regarding being parked correctly for safety reasons and that they don’t want people driving over the grass all the time but we had literally pulled up when she shouted loudly.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I do wish CAMC would lighten up.
Instead of "Get back in your van and wait until you can move foreword", be rather more courteous to say "welcome, good journey? Have you come far " etc
I have to admit, I rarely use C&MHC sites, simply because I can use C&CC sites for less price BUT, I always find that 95% of people, reciprocate to the attitude shown them.
A smile and an initial 'Good Afternoon' go a long way!

Last time I stayed at the Alderstead Heath site, I was told when I arrived and registered, to just "drive round and decide, then let us know"?
I have never had any problems, possibly because I follow the rules because, at the time I, possibly, need them more than they need me and if I'm not satisfied, I politely ask if an alternative is possible, if not immediately, then in the near future? 🤔

Your right, I'm just a pussy! 😄

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
A mate who had a restaurant had a vehicle and trailer drive on the grass which left ruts in it…he made them pay to put it right.

I guess that’s why CAMC and others don’t want to have people driving on their grassy areas.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
The ones we had talked to while we were there for a week were very pleasant. I understand that they have rules regarding being parked correctly for safety reasons and that they don’t want people driving over the grass all the time but we had literally pulled up when she shouted loudly.
Perhaps she had just told 3 others, who knows? 🤔

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Thing is you never know what is going on in people’s lives her dog or cat may have died that morning. ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have to admit, I rarely use C&MHC sites, simply because I can use C&CC sites for less price BUT, I always find that 95% of people, reciprocate to the attitude shown them.
A smile and an initial 'Good Afternoon' go a long way!

Last time I stayed at the Alderstead Heath site, I was told when I arrived and registered, to just "drive round and decide, then let us know"?
I have never had any problems, possibly because I follow the rules because, at the time I, possibly, need them more than they need me and if I'm not satisfied, I politely ask if an alternative is possible, if not immediately, then in the near future? 🤔

Your right, I'm just a pussy! 😄
I think I'd say behaving like you do is just polite. My reply about shouting I'm paying your wages was a bit tongue in cheek although I do think politeness goes both ways. I do see some people behaving very badly to people serving them in shops restaurants etc and think that's really ignorant

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I think I'd say behaving like you do is just polite. My reply about shouting I'm paying your wages was a bit tongue in cheek although I do think politeness goes both ways. I do see some people behaving very badly to people serving them in shops restaurants etc and think that's really ignorant
Being polite is the best approach even if someone is being rude so it doesn’t escalate

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Either...never moved on from their previous occupation...wearing a uniform...(I did for 30 years, so don't shoot me)

Or have never been in a position of authority.before...."Giving a Monkey a gun" is an expression I've heard before..
It's certainly is not the way to treat or talk to people, but even when we were living and using these type of sites in the UK, there were many of these guys and gals controlling sites.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

In the past, the other people in the restaurant would have made their feelings known to the ignorant person, now we just keep quiet! 😢

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
In the past, the other people in the restaurant would have made their feelings known to the ignorant person, now we just keep quiet! 😢
I must admit to not sticking up to the rude person but I do quite often have a word with the person serving and say that anyone who has worked with the public understand it has it's good and bad points.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
guess that’s why CAMC and others don’t want to have people driving on their grassy areas.
I thought campsites were grass apart from Spain where they are gravel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back