LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
What am I missing with the foil idea????.....
20200904_194319.jpg
20200904_194319.jpg

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I think it’s to catch the fat to make cleaning up easier . That said it’s the grill pan that gets the most dirty and it won’t help with that . I normally add a little water to the fat tray before use to make the clean up easier . Just spray and wipe up the fat in a paper towel. .

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I think it’s to catch the fat to make cleaning up easier . That said it’s the grill pan that gets the most dirty and it won’t help with that . I normally add a little water to the fat tray before use to make the clean up easier . Just spray and wipe up the fat in a paper towel. .
Does it not spit and fire like crazy?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I have not got a cadac, am I missing out on the chance of winning the lottery or are they just over hyped bits of kit that people have bought and are frightened to criticise for fear of ridicule? No Idea , no intention of getting one! :rolleyes:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellll. technically.. Matt black absorbs heat while a shiny surface will reflect it,,, Perhaps trying to keep more heat in?
Personally I reckon its as already said, makes it easier to clean :)

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
I bought a calor gas party grill much cheaper and does the same job.
You’ve not been in the scouts or guides then.
If you rub washingup liquid on the outside of the pan your using be it on a fire bbq or gas flame when you wash it up it will be sparkly clean.
The washing up liquid forms a layer that just washes off.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We’ve had several Cadac and not impressed with any of them!
Pain in the a...se to clean when in MoHo!
The only “BBQ” I really liked using was a Beauclaire type, we had but, way too heavy really for MoHo!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Interesting . Lots of negative comments about the Cadac range as usual . I find them very good as you can store them away with the bag and detachable legs . I admit they would be a nightmare to wash up in a motorhome . I use the camp site washing up areas . Not sure of any alternative products that are portable and more easy to clean ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Interesting . Lots of negative comments about the Cadac range as usual . I find them very good as you can store them away with the bag and detachable legs . I admit they would be a nightmare to wash up in a motorhome . I use the camp site washing up areas . Not sure of any alternative products that are portable and more easy to clean ?

As I said above, I sold ours. We use a Cobb BBQ (charcoal fired) that is much easier to use and to clean when off grid. It is saying something when you’d rather use a charcoal powered device over a gas powered one but it is such an easy device to, light, cook on and clean that it is our favoured device.

Cobb BBQ

Ian

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We have 2. One the original with two burners and the other a Safari Chef 2. They do exactly as promised. A good product and if used correctly will produce decent food. If your a crap chef it really doesn't matter what your using.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have 2 Cadac's and we love them and I don't get the difficult to clean gripes and I have no problem with that ?
The Safari Chef 2 does not get much of an outing these days as it's a little to small to get all the meat I want to eat on it all in one go, so I bought a 2 Cook 2 which has easily overcome that problem.
I use nonstick cooking sheets on the griddle plates which just wipe clean.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah , in the hate em camp, when we started we wanted all the right gear, so looking at how folks bulled these things up, we bought one, absolutely the worse thing we ever got.
The thing for us , we try to do as little cooking and washing jobs we can, we are on holiday, we can have a steak meal, all cooked, cleaned up, eaten and in bed with a disposable BBQ, in the time it takes to even set up a cadac, never mind having to keep lighting it when it blows out, and the cleaning :Eeek: they get all greased up everywhere, all the various bits don't fit the van sink, then you have start packing the bloody thing up again.
Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I have not got a cadac, am I missing out on the chance of winning the lottery or are they just over hyped bits of kit that people have bought and are frightened to criticise for fear of ridicule? No Idea , no intention of getting one! :rolleyes:
Each to their own preferences, we have a CADAC as it suits our needs, nothing over hyped any more than any other type of grill / barbecue unit.
life would be boring if we all had to like / use the same equipment.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I am lazy, once I have finished cooking, I just turn it up high and leave it until it stops smoking, turn it off and let it cool down, fat and residue turn to grey ash and can be brushed off, same sort of principle as a vehicle exhaust catalyst.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think I need to invent a barbecue that unpacks itself , lights itself , cooks the food for you and then cleans up and packs itself away . Judging by some of the comments , sales would be very good! 😂😂😂😂
Already been done mate.
Disposable BBQ couple of quid from b and m and likewise shops (y) :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back