Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes when we opened the door they dropped inside so had to be evicted, I read they don't like Citrus odour so cut some lemon and put it by the windows when they were open, don't think it worked though :LOL:
Drop them into Fairy liquid washing up water! They survive for just moments!

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
None this year! Because we didn't do our usual, second, autumn trip! Might fly over later. How come those planes don't get infested? Or do they?

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
They only give off a smell if they feel threatened or if you squash them.
No, it's their first reaction if they feel threatened, which means if you spot them. Plus they are ugly, clumsy, and just as liable to fly at you in your face. I've never suffered any adverse reaction to any other being before, so forgive me if I don't like to being in their presence.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
No, it's their first reaction if they feel threatened, which means if you spot them. Plus they are ugly, clumsy, and just as liable to fly at you in your face. I've never suffered any adverse reaction to any other being before, so forgive me if I don't like to being in their presence.

I think they're cute. I had one land on my shoulder today. He sat there for a while and them flew off. Another one landed on the floor, upside down. I put him the right way up :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We live in the Charente and they've been out in force since yesterday. I don't mind them really. They're quite cute, how they dive bomb around. If I find them in the house, I just put them back out again :) They don't hurt you :)

I think they're cute. I had one land on my shoulder today. He sat there for a while and them flew off. Another one landed on the floor, upside down. I put him the right way up :)
In small numbers yes I agree and for the first couple of days last year we did release them back out in to the wild. After the first 100 the novelty wore off and we didn’t want them coming back in.

If we saw them flying around in the numbers that we saw last year as we arrived somewhere - we’d be driving straight out again.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Thousands of them, not so. They were in our battery locker at least six deep. When I opened it, they tumbled out like a waterfall, one on top of each other, writhing about. All different colours, sizes and patterns. They'd pestered us for at least three weeks! Inside our bedding at night and in the morning!! Landing in our face! Cute?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back