Rally BRIDLINGTON RALLY (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I left Newark this morning and decided that I would go North to Scarborough via the Humber Bridge.
I arrived at the Toll Booths at the Northern end, AFTER crossing the bridge, to find that they ONLY take card or internet payments!
What happens if you have neither, an Oldie or a foreigner for example, what do you do. Reverse all the way back?
There may have been some notification of this BEFORE crossing, but I'm fairly observant, and I didn't see it! 😡😡

I'm now ensconced on Scarborough,s busy CCC just North of the town, £31.74 for two nights with EHU can't be bad! Will investigate Scarborough tomorrow.

See you all on Wednesday! 😆

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Last time I went the first roundabout A165 turn right, it’s a single track road right up to the yacht club. Alternatively right at the second roundabout, then a small roundabout right again, left at the end of the road to the Yacht Club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I left Newark this morning and decided that I would go North to Scarborough via the Humber Bridge.
I arrived at the Toll Booths at the Northern end, AFTER crossing the bridge, to find that they ONLY take card or internet payments!
What happens if you have neither, an Oldie or a foreigner for example, what do you do. Reverse all the way back?
There may have been some notification of this BEFORE crossing, but I'm fairly observant, and I didn't see it! 😡😡

I'm now ensconced on Scarborough,s busy CCC just North of the town, £31.74 for two nights with EHU can't be bad! Will investigate Scarborough tomorrow.

I have just been told today that the Humber crossing is card payment only! And the cost is £1.50 some may want to take other routes 👍

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have just been told today that the Humber crossing is card payment only! And the cost is £1.50 some may want to take other routes 👍
Yes, this was the cost and when I complained about the lack of signage (not the cost) the operator told me it had been card only for two years and everyone knew about it? 🤔

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Head towards the park and ride car park roundabout ,not the one that's opposite the rock factory road as that is too narrow. It's a small road that leads into the new campsite( south cliff holiday park) to the right and you have to turn almost immediately left to the yacht club on the mini roundabout.
As you drive along the road there is a solar farm to the left and at the t junction ,turn left to the yacht club.

Last edited:

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008

Enjoy Scarbados as the locals.call it 👍👍

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Anyone travelling north on the M18 - just before J1 - the road has been closed due to an accident & doesn't look like anyone is going anywhere soon.
We are stuck in it, air ambulance & lots of emergency vehicles still arriving........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back