Beware out there folks - not nice 'present' on returning home today

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
20MPH On an A road bonkers. I live near the Welsh border but now nine times out of ten choose to not enter Wales.
I live in Wales and the first week the new 20mph limit came in I was done for doing 24mph in a 20mph zone.
It was on a country A road in the middle of nowhere, not built up residential or near a school etc.
The Welsh government said people would be "engaged with and educated " when the limit was introduced if they were doing 26mph or under.
A camera can't engage or educate a driver so I got a fine through the post.
There are plenty of sections of dual carriageway that are 20mph now including stretches out of towns and cities, it makes no sense.
Drakeford and Skates are both clueless idiots.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We'll vote them out in 2026 if the rest of Wales can get themselves out of the idiotic mindset they've had for 25 years. Something tells me it won't happen :rolleyes:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
1 year, in these times
The legislation does not allow the use of repeaters on restricted roads with a system of streetlighting, it was not a choice made by politicians and advisors.
That was intended to be my point. The default was changed.
If the default had not been changed, 20 repeaters would have been required by legislation.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
That was intended to be my point. The default was changed.
If the default had not been changed, 20 repeaters would have been required by legislation.
Zones have been around for decades but saying it’s right or wrong, but go to any housing area where it’s 30mph you get told once and that’s it and that includes rural lanes too where you see an unrestricted sign and no repeaters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Personally I think the limit should be 10 miles an hour also a man waving a white flag walking in front of the car would be effective. It will also create millions of jobs 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back