Beware out there folks - not nice 'present' on returning home today (44 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 18, 2021
Redditch, Redditch, Worcs, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E425
Exp
Since 2017
This... would have been while navigating a horrible and busy forced diversion through the town at the alleged time. 🙄

So lovely of them!

thumbnail.jpeg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We call ourselves a democracy and yet these ridiculous speed limits are forced upon us by some faceless council bureaucrats.

I say to them... If you're that brainless that you have to drive at 20mph so you don't run someone over, then please feel free. Don't judge all of us by your standards. No offence.

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
If its any consolation, im expecting one from coming back over the A66 last week.
Sneeky camera van parked up in a not very visible area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
We call ourselves a democracy and yet these ridiculous speed limits are forced upon us by some faceless council bureaucrats.

I say to them... If you're that brainless that you have to drive at 20mph so you don't run someone over, then please feel free. Don't judge all of us by your standards. No offence.
I reckon the people dreaming up this rubbish are fresh out of university where they've been brainwashed. Anti car idiots. I think the only place you can get by without a car is London.

OP
OP
Wonderhorse
May 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E425
Exp
Since 2017

Totally. 20 zones have their 'place', but out in Wales it's easy to innocently find yourself 'in' one so suddenly as they aren't clearly marked. When they come straight from a 60 or 40 limit, well... Hmm.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Safety Scamera Unit
It’s already been established that many of these areas aren’t in the best interests but won’t change back unless it gets funding from government for replacing the signs that have been binned.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The speed cameras were put on that road years ago due to fatal RTAs

All the locals are aware of the cameras I'm surprised you got up to that speed at that time of day.

It used to be a rat run and I didn't know the diversions pushed you up that way.

It's my regular journey to work route thanks for the warning so far never been sent that way .

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
20mph pros/cons aside...

When does 28days count from 'notice served upon you' start if you are out of the country / not at home?

Wouldn't fancy 6pts on licence.

OP
OP
Wonderhorse
May 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E425
Exp
Since 2017
The speed cameras were put on that road years ago due to fatal RTAs

All the locals are aware of the cameras I'm surprised you got up to that speed at that time of day.

It used to be a rat run and I didn't know the diversions pushed you up that way.

It's my regular journey to work route thanks for the warning so far never been sent that way .
Yep, the closed section of the Heads of the Valleys Road was subject to the diversion which went down and through Merthyr to get back on at the other end. Negotiating roads not familiar didn't help with trying to stay safe among traffic that did know. Yeah, road safety is a must, but we need a clear chance where limit changes don't sensibly 'match'.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
And the cyclists - especially the de-restricted electric ones, whizz by obliviously at well over 20mph. Mainly on the pavements..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Lol. And I believe you are correct - Mark Drakeford didn't drive himself!
scum like that & gordon brown should never have an opinion on something they do not do.He needs a good kicking even if he is just your neighbour.
People that agree with these 20mph limits should have a permanent 20mph limiter fitted to their cars.
& an attachment that electrocutes them if they go over.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Some cycle road racing has had to be cancelled in Wales as the safety vehicles would be forced to do more than 20mph to keep up with the cyclists. Even the guy who pushed for this ridiculous speed limit has admitted it could have been thought out better.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
20MPH On an A road bonkers. I live near the Welsh border but now nine times out of ten choose to not enter Wales.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Yep, the closed section of the Heads of the Valleys Road was subject to the diversion which went down and through Merthyr to get back on at the other end. Negotiating roads not familiar didn't help with trying to stay safe among traffic that did know. Yeah, road safety is a must, but we need a clear chance where limit changes don't sensibly 'match'.
There have been some horrendous diversions over the last year.

28 days from receipt but the registered keeper is responsible
You just need to tell them who was driving at this point
And they may be offered a speed awareness course if not done one in 3 years
It may only bee 3 points and although notifiable to your insurance...if asked ..check the small print is unlikely to effect your premiums
Unless of course you collect points ..some people do I'm lead to believe.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Please ask for the photographic evidence and check the date the device was last calibrated.
It's Swansea Road in Merthyr .it will be spot on as they know how many dodgy expert's frequent the area.
Although it has settled down it was notorious for crime , car theft and such like
However saying that there are some great characters with huge hearts there also

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
I have my dad checking my mail which is on divert to his house. Think i may have been a bit over 12 days back on the M4 passing a 40mph variable camera.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I have my dad checking my mail which is on divert to his house. Think i may have been a bit over 12 days back on the M4 passing a 40mph variable camera.
It depends on which other camera it is linked to they are not always linked 1 -2 - 3 they could be 1 -4 or 2-3 and they can be changed so 🤞 for at least another week .but usually you would have heard by now

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As well as our motorhome we have a touring caravan permanently sited near Welshpool, North Wales.

The English/Welsh border is “wiggly” around there and, on the mainly minor roads, there are no border signs.

To collect our Sunday newspapers, from a shop 2 miles away, we go from Wales into England. Two miles further on, where we occasionally go to shop, we are back in Wales, all on the same road. Villages have a 20mph limit in Wales but are still 30mph in England. It is a nightmare trying to keep track of which country you are in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back