rob1234

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
can anyone recommend a place for aircon fitting i have a couple of quotes both the same price £2195 truma comfort ,,with roof cut ,,,is this a good price or have anyone had it fitted cheaper ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
Vanbitz did a great job for me fitting a roof top aircon unit (Kronings). It was £1650 a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
rob1234

rob1234

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
Vanbitz did a great job for me fitting a roof top aircon unit (Kronings). It was £1650 a couple of years ago.
thanks did they have to cut the roof ? kronings ? is that the make ? is it any good ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
thanks did they have to cut the roof ? kronings ? is that the make ? is it any good ?
There was already an opening for a fan which was replaced, I don't know whether they had to make it larger or not. Kronings is the make, they were reduced so maybe they have sold them off now. I seem to remember Dometic units were in short supply at the time. It's not a bad unit, a bit noisy on start up but soon settles down. Cools the van well if put on early in the day and blinds and windows closed. Also has a heating element which serves as a useful backup should the Alde fail.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Yes, on the roof is certainly the best place to have it fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
supply & fitted by auto additions, mobile service good price,great people to deal with

OP
OP
rob1234

rob1234

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
supply & fitted by auto additions, mobile service good price,great people to deal with
are you talking about aircon from them ? truma comfort is the one i was thinking about ,,dont have a lot of battery power ,

Likes collected
Funster No
We have a Dometic Freshjet 2200. We have 700 watts of solar a Victron 12/2000/80 inverter charger, we can run the aircon for several hours if the sun is up. (Sun /heat/ solar) as long as you don’t try and turn the van into a fridge. We have a 7.5 mtr A class but had it installed in the rear bedroom with the vents pointing to the lounge. It’s quite noisy in operation so this way during the day it’s not intrusive and we close the bedroom door for a while before going to bed so it’s nice and cool. We thought if it was in the lounge skylight it would make the area dark, as when we bought the van the one that lets the light through was not available. We can also run it when driving via our 150 amp alternator been using it for nearly 5 years no problems 2 x 100 amp lithium and heavy cabling. R V installation north Devon excellent job.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Try Rhinoinstalls at Preston, not too far from you. They will cut the roof, but will want to see the van first.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
can anyone recommend a place for aircon fitting i have a couple of quotes both the same price £2195 truma comfort ,,with roof cut ,,,is this a good price or have anyone had it fitted cheaper ?
I wouldn’t know if it’s a good price but it doesn’t sound expensive to me.
So it’s been hot in Europe past 4 weeks, I could not put up with such hot weather without Aircon cooling.
I don’t think I’ll be wild camping again is summer so I’ll be on EHU in the scorching hot days.
My question is cutting a hole in the roof… arghhhh it sounds drastic, it’s not like you can reverse it later!
Why? I thought a aircon unit just fitted in an existing hole like your extractor fan or a skylight!

I have 5 aircon units in my villa, they can freeze a room down to 14c or warm it up to 35c they chuck out water after a hour or two did your supplier give you any info at all?
Can you advise why they need to cut a hole?

Likes collected
Funster No
Just something to consider, how are you going to power it, check the minimum current required to start and run it. If you go to Europe a lot of site will have as low as 4 amp hook up. With our Burstner it is fitted in the rear bedroom skylight as to have it in the lounge would make it dark in there

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just something to consider, how are you going to power it, check the minimum current required to start and run it. If you go to Europe a lot of site will have as low as 4 amp hook up. With our Burstner it is fitted in the rear bedroom skylight as to have it in the lounge would make it dark in there
Truma Aventa Compact , Compact plus , and Comfort units all easily run on less than 6 amps , I've used my compact + on many European sites and CCP aires without issue .
As for 4 amps hookup I think they'll be less common 6 amps seem to be more the norm

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I have the Bergstrom full inverter 12V air conditioner and it is brilliant. I had it installed in the skylight in the kitchen as I did not want more holes in the roof. For now I only have 2x 95ah AGM batteries but they can handle 4 hours of air conditioning with no problem. Have used it a few times while at home in the Canaries, not needed it yet in mainland Spain as we are up north. €1.850 installed.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
As for 4 amps hookup I think they'll be less common 6 amps seem to be more the norm

Agreed. Even the 3 amp sites I used to find in Italy are now 6 amps. A lot more 10 amp sites now, and Scandinavia seems now to be mostly 13 amp.

I'm also finding in some places they are telling you it's 6 amp (to keep the consumption down), but when you look at the circuit breaker it's 10 amps. (I did see one 7.5 amp circuit breaker, which I've never seen before).

No problems using our Truma Aventa anywhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back