best place for aircon fitting ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
can anyone recommend a place for aircon fitting i have a couple of quotes both the same price £2195 truma comfort ,,with roof cut ,,,is this a good price or have anyone had it fitted cheaper ?

Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
Vanbitz did a great job for me fitting a roof top aircon unit (Kronings). It was £1650 a couple of years ago.

Apr 2, 2019
England, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Arto 88EK
Exp
Since 2005
thanks did they have to cut the roof ? kronings ? is that the make ? is it any good ?
There was already an opening for a fan which was replaced, I don't know whether they had to make it larger or not. Kronings is the make, they were reduced so maybe they have sold them off now. I seem to remember Dometic units were in short supply at the time. It's not a bad unit, a bit noisy on start up but soon settles down. Cools the van well if put on early in the day and blinds and windows closed. Also has a heating element which serves as a useful backup should the Alde fail.

Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Yes, on the roof is certainly the best place to have it fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
We have a Dometic Freshjet 2200. We have 700 watts of solar a Victron 12/2000/80 inverter charger, we can run the aircon for several hours if the sun is up. (Sun /heat/ solar) as long as you don’t try and turn the van into a fridge. We have a 7.5 mtr A class but had it installed in the rear bedroom with the vents pointing to the lounge. It’s quite noisy in operation so this way during the day it’s not intrusive and we close the bedroom door for a while before going to bed so it’s nice and cool. We thought if it was in the lounge skylight it would make the area dark, as when we bought the van the one that lets the light through was not available. We can also run it when driving via our 150 amp alternator been using it for nearly 5 years no problems 2 x 100 amp lithium and heavy cabling. R V installation north Devon excellent job.

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Try Rhinoinstalls at Preston, not too far from you. They will cut the roof, but will want to see the van first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back