Avtex pro questions

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Tried to tune the tv in on my Hymer, it has the bee sting aerial and sat seeker system.
The tv has satellite on it. I've tried that but no idea what I'm doing, but would like to get tv working. I've been through Avtex set up and can't see anything wrong, it just asks me to auto tune which comes up totally blank, nothing.

I've taken a couple of pictures as I've no idea if the cables connected to it are all where they should be, same with black box in locker above.

20241021_110931.jpg

20241021_110949.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Guessing here but if the Avtex has a sat tuner built in should it be connected directly to the dish?

Alternatively, if it's connected to an external sat receiver / tuner should this be connected via HDMI and be used as a "monitor"?

In simple terms.

EDIT: if connecting by the first method you would retune the Avtex as you've been trying but if second method you would set Avtex to HDMI input.
1729507246618.png

Last edited:

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Terrestrial TV is usually push fit coaxial aerial lead into the appropriate socket on TV. Satellite is usually screw thread.

For Avtex sat decider to work it needs lead into the Sat screwed socket from a satellite dish. Terrestrial needs coax into the push fit.

If your van system has an amplifier on the bee sting aerial make sure it is powered.

Make sure you have set correct source on the TV menu before trying the tuning.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
Thanks the coax is the middle black cable, power is bottom cable, satellite is top white cable. Can't see a switch for tv coax anywhere though there is a red switch on black box for satellite system.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Of the cables connected in your photo you only have the satellite socket connected. You do not have anything connected to the terrestrial socket.

Dunno what the small black wire in the centre is, but suspect it is connected to a phono (audio) output.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back