Auto locking on a Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
It's not an alarm problem.
On some Ducatos , mine has keyless entry, the doors will automatically re lock if a cab door is not opened within 1 minute of unlocking. Unfortunately opening the hab door doesn't register with the Ducato electronics and the doors relock automatically.
Just noticed I didn’t address this aspect fully in an earlier reply. My 22 Ducato cab door re locks if I had unlocked those doors but not opened one but if I unlock and open the pvc side or rear door it does not auto re lock them.

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
Just noticed I didn’t address this aspect fully in an earlier reply. My 22 Ducato cab door re locks if I had unlocked those doors but not opened one but if I unlock and open the pvc side or rear door it does not auto re lock them.
same with mine the doors wont auto lock if I open a cab door within 60 seconds

Oct 25, 2021
Stisted, Essex
Funster No
MH
Cipro 85
Exp
Since 2005
Not an answer sadly but same experience on our CIPRO 85. but the outcome was hilarious for me?
On our first outing with our new acquisition, opened the MH in the morning and both Mel and I went to shower, leaving our Molly to protect the van (Dog), keys inside did not take them to the shower. On our return all doors were locked, with the exception of the garage doors, but no way in through that way, help come from all angles from other campers, but we could not get in, I was looking at some expensive entry damage for sure. After around 20 minutes I found one of the bedroom windows was not closed with the lock, a plan was hatched.

Mel, Darling, if we lift you do you think you could slide through this window onto the bed and then open the door? NO came the reply, how are we to enter, standing there after just getting out the shower, OK then I will try.
Two guys and myself then became a ladder for Mel to climb, head and shoulders in, bum and legs out, "I cant move" she shouted, we will try to help a bit more Mel we replied, taking a leg each the temptation to make a wish and crack the wishbone was making us laugh, which Mel did not appreciate, however a hefty push and a bit of a scream saw her slide inside. The door opened and here she was the saviour of our first trip, got to say at the time she was not happy, but over the months she has looked back to smile over it, but I am under strict instruction to have the spare keys and alarm fob hooked to my attire each time we leave the MH, on threat of horrible things happening to me.

The Moral of the story, always leave a window free if your away from the motorhome but still on site, other than that do not trust your auto locking devices, they work. Sorry we did not have a way forward to help with the problem, but some may find our story brings a small smile to their face.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Apache
Exp
3 years previously and now returning with new MH
Almost got locked out when wind caught the hab door and it locked itself when it slammed shut. Now whenever I am using the van I have a hab door key which I keep round my neck on a dog-tag chain.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Surely isn't this a simple matter of taking it to a Fiat dealer and asking them to disable the central locking. Its bound to be an option in the ECU.

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
I have a 2022 Ducato PVC by Hobby with a dealer fitted Autowatch alarm. If I unlock using the fob,but do not open a door, then it auto locks but without resetting the alarm (useful if I want the van secured but with the alarm off when I am outside). When I unlock and open any door, including the rear doors, it does not auto lock again.
Perhaps Fiat have updated the 22 model year vans not to auto lock after a habitation/cargo door has been opened.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not an answer sadly but same experience on our CIPRO 85. but the outcome was hilarious for me?
On our first outing with our new acquisition, opened the MH in the morning and both Mel and I went to shower, leaving our Molly to protect the van (Dog), keys inside did not take them to the shower. On our return all doors were locked, with the exception of the garage doors, but no way in through that way, help come from all angles from other campers, but we could not get in, I was looking at some expensive entry damage for sure. After around 20 minutes I found one of the bedroom windows was not closed with the lock, a plan was hatched.

Mel, Darling, if we lift you do you think you could slide through this window onto the bed and then open the door? NO came the reply, how are we to enter, standing there after just getting out the shower, OK then I will try.
Two guys and myself then became a ladder for Mel to climb, head and shoulders in, bum and legs out, "I cant move" she shouted, we will try to help a bit more Mel we replied, taking a leg each the temptation to make a wish and crack the wishbone was making us laugh, which Mel did not appreciate, however a hefty push and a bit of a scream saw her slide inside. The door opened and here she was the saviour of our first trip, got to say at the time she was not happy, but over the months she has looked back to smile over it, but I am under strict instruction to have the spare keys and alarm fob hooked to my attire each time we leave the MH, on threat of horrible things happening to me.

The Moral of the story, always leave a window free if your away from the motorhome but still on site, other than that do not trust your auto locking devices, they work. Sorry we did not have a way forward to help with the problem, but some may find our story brings a small smile to their face.
That made me chuckle.
I'm too sensible I never order the central locking option. :xlaugh:

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
That made me chuckle.
I'm too sensible I never order the central locking option. :xlaugh:
Sensible as you might be, I didn't order the package that included Keyless Self Locking but it was included nevertheless!
I am hoping TPMS is not included as well having specifically requested not to have it. The only element of that package I paid for as an individually priced element was the electricaly retracting wing mirrors which I do have.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Autolock is buried in a sub menu on board Ducato. I recall another user om a different forum found the answer on page 17-19 of the 2022 manual.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
That is for autolock when you drive off with the engine running, not when its turned off and parked up
Strange - the guy that posted it said he was able to turn off the locking to prevent being locked out? He must be confused.

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
I think that the problem is with the newer X290 base vehicles, as we had the same problem with our X250 based MoHo when we first got it, but ours was due to an Autowatch alarm option which I programmed out.
Mine is the latest 2022 series 8 cab and its a programming issue so not sure how or if it ever will be resolved

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
I asked my dealer if this could be disabled and was told no .
Was this the motorhome dealer or the Fiat dealer? Its doubtful if any motorhome dealer would know what configurable settings there are in a vehicle ECU.

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
Follow up from Kimberly on the issue, has anyone actually managed to get it disabled?

"Good Afternoon, Mr Gladstone,

Our warranty department have not long had the relative information back for Swift, they have submitted the warranty claim and are awaiting response from them. Once they have had a response, they will contact you with an update."

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
I have obtained a builder instruction sheet from fiat. Supposedly supplied to hab builders with wiring instruction to avoid this situation
I am looking into it and hope to have an answer soon

Feb 18, 2022
East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote 696U
Exp
Used to drive a bongo and tow caravans
Hi all, anyone know how to disarm the auto locking on a 2022 Kon Tiki doors almost locked my keys in mine several times
Hi I have a pilote 22 plate and if you unlock with the remote you need to open the drivers door or the central,locking kicks in and sets the alarm . I have been told that this feature cannot be disabled. At night you can use the button the dash to lock the doors no alarm or else using the remote sets the alarm .

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi I have a pilote 22 plate and if you unlock with the remote you need to open the drivers door or the central,locking kicks in and sets the alarm . I have been told that this feature cannot be disabled. At night you can use the button the dash to lock the doors no alarm or else using the remote sets the alarm .
Ours is a series 8 and a Le Voyageur/pilote ours works fine on the remote and you can open any door to turn off the re locking problem, it was problematic at the beginning and would sometimes re lock turned out to be bad connection on the hab door central locking wires, spoke to Pullingers and sorted by myself over the phone or else they said it would have been wired wrong at the connection block by drivers side wheel arch, had a peep in there long thin fingers needed I think.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
This backs up the fiat document many vans seem to have not had a additional wire to connection box from hab door which is required if a stelantis (oem)lock is not used in the door
I am pushing for swift to carry this out Have to be careful while under warranty if we touch

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
This backs up the fiat document many vans seem to have not had a additional wire to connection box from hab door which is required if a stelantis (oem)lock is not used in the door
I am pushing for swift to carry this out Have to be careful while under warranty if we touch
The response I received was that it will be disabled at the dealers and is under warranty.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
It’s been to Fiat who said it’s not them so I went back to Swift direct so the response was shown to the dealer, Kimberly and they will now disable it under warranty
Thats good news I am awaiting a factory engineer visit for this and other issues. Been going on since new
Keep us updated. As i said some posts back i am shure a resolve will be found

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back