Auto locking on a Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Hi all, anyone know how to disarm the auto locking on a 2022 Kon Tiki doors almost locked my keys in mine several times
I have found with my new Swift Kon Tiki 794 on a Fiat cab, that if you unlock the habitation and the main cab doors then open and close any cab door, this disables the auto lock, until you lock it again, obviously if you leave your keys in the MH unlock and only use the habitation door you may find yourself locked out when it auto locks, leaving your spare habitation door key in your pocket will mean you can open the habitation door to gain entry.

At some time we will make the mistake of locking ourselves out. So always make sure your spare habitation door key is in your pocket..
hope this helps..

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
I have found with my new Swift Kon Tiki 794 on a Fiat cab, that if you unlock the habitation and the main cab doors then open and close any cab door, this disables the auto lock, until you lock it again, obviously if you leave your keys in the MH unlock and only use the habitation door you may find yourself locked out when it auto locks, leaving your spare habitation door key in your pocket will mean you can open the habitation door to gain entry.

At some time we will make the mistake of locking ourselves out. So always make sure your spare habitation door key is in your pocket..
hope this helps..
Yes that works and that is what Swift told me as well as "Hiding a key", but it's not the answer, I want them to disable it so I can lock it.

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Yes that works and that is what Swift told me as well as "Hiding a key", but it's not the answer, I want them to disable it so I can lock it.
This is a manufacturers security feature, if you disable the auto lock and you do not advise your insurers, your insurance could be null and void in the event of a claim, you may also find that when you advise your insurers that you have disabled the auto lock they may refuse to insure your MoHo anyway.
The system is designed to lock the vehicle if you forget to do it, making it difficult for a thief. I’d think twice about disabling this system and simply make sure your keys are with you at all times.
This is just my opinion. I respect your wishes. If it’s what you want then so be it.

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
This is a manufacturers security feature, if you disable the auto lock and you do not advise your insurers, your insurance could be null and void in the event of a claim, you may also find that when you advise your insurers that you have disabled the auto lock they may refuse to insure your MoHo anyway.
The system is designed to lock the vehicle if you forget to do it, making it difficult for a thief. I’d think twice about disabling this system and simply make sure your keys are with you at all times.
This is just my opinion. I respect your wishes. If it’s what you want then so be it.
Thanks, not sure I agree with your thought, as not all Motorhomes have this feature? if I locked myself out I wonder if my insurance would cover the damage I caused breaking back in. In most vehicles you have a choice to enable or disable on the dashboard, on mine it doesnt.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
I dont find the the lock yourself out issue being the main problem I would just like to be able to use the hab door independently After van has been locked being from inside or out without having to open/shut a cab door everytime . Its not easy to open a cab door from inside when seats turned or bed lowered (or get to dash button) and if an awning attached its even more of a pain .also for security cab doors can remain locked if need be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back