Are CAMC finally getting the message (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Not a big CAMC fan, but I complained to them that I hadn’t been contacted about a free nights promotion a while back. They refunded 2 nights from a previous stay at Knaresborough so I renewed as it’s more or less cost neutral and I do value their Crystal Palace/Abbey Wood & CL sites, win-win.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Makes me laugh every month they have articles about members who are living the dream ! But actualy Lee is a journo and brand ambassador and Marcus is sponsored by the club and a MH manufacturer to tour europe and Nth America, and we pay for it as members!

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Like most I don’t bother reading the magazine anymore. If I didn’t use the storage (expensive) then I wouldn’t be a member!
The thing is it’s local and very handy until I retire 🤣

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Like most I don’t bother reading the magazine anymore. If I didn’t use the storage (expensive) then I wouldn’t be a member!
The thing is it’s local and very handy until I retire 🤣

Then we should all be thankful that the Club is there then?
I rarely use their Club sites but, when I have to, I'm glad they are there!

Thank goodness we all have a choice of where to spend our monies! 🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2007
I think the CAMC has had to have a rethink about a few things this year but this is no different to lots of businesses in the leisure industry who are also having to adjust to the different market.
I’m pleased it’s there & hope they don’t take our custom for granted as much as previously.

Mar 6, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D68 PVC
Exp
A little
I'm not 100% sure but I thought I had found where on the CMC website you can cancel auto-renewal of membership when I looked a couple of months ago. Today I went online to cancel and spent 10 min searching all the relevant pages. I used the FAQ and the search facility to look for cancel auto renewal and got over 1000 matches. There was nothing on the first couple of pages so I gave up and used web chat. When I asked where the option was, I had the reply "That option isn't currently available online but i can make the change for you. We are aware that this is a popular request from our members and we are constantly updating the site so this may be available in the future".

Kind of speaks for itself I think.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I'm not 100% sure but I thought I had found where on the CMC website you can cancel auto-renewal of membership when I looked a couple of months ago. Today I went online to cancel and spent 10 min searching all the relevant pages. I used the FAQ and the search facility to look for cancel auto renewal and got over 1000 matches. There was nothing on the first couple of pages so I gave up and used web chat. When I asked where the option was, I had the reply "That option isn't currently available online but i can make the change for you. We are aware that this is a popular request from our members and we are constantly updating the site so this may be available in the future".

Kind of speaks for itself I think.
I thought you used to be able to do it in your profile along with deciding whether to have the handbook or not. The club web site is bizarre!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Can't see why we are expected to pay £63 for membership when their sites are so expensive. For the rare occasions we stay on a UK site I'd rather just use a commercial site.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
. When I asked where the option was, I had the reply "That option isn't currently available online but i can make the change for you. We are aware that this is a popular request from our members and we are constantly updating the site so this may be available in the future".

It must have been reinstated but I could not tell you whereabouts on the site. I cancelled my automatic renewal (online) about 6 weeks ago.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Can't see why we are expected to pay £63 for membership when their sites are so expensive. For the rare occasions we stay on a UK site I'd rather just use a commercial site.
It's made even worse when you think how much money they're saving on postage by not sending out their awful magazine to a huge % of it's members 12 times a year :whistle2:

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Just received the latest CAMC magazine. Nearly every article is pushing discounts, 5% booking fees, 10% off sites but you have to book 3 nights or more. Small article also on they are closing 5 sites at the end of the 24 season due to them becoming unsustainable. In other words nobodies using them.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Just received the latest CAMC magazine. Nearly every article is pushing discounts, 5% booking fees, 10% off sites but you have to book 3 nights or more. Small article also on they are closing 5 sites at the end of the 24 season due to them becoming unsustainable. In other words nobodies using them.
Unfortunately the sites they are closing are all sites without facilities blocks. Sort of site we prefer. I think one of the reasons for the apparent decrease in occupancy is the change in pricing regime for those sites. They used to be a flat rate charge regardless of size of party, so used to work out about the price of a mid price CL, with ehu. Then they changed to the structure they use elsewhere, price for pitch plus one, extra for extra people, dynamic pricing, price variations during the week, during the year. So they became far more expensive. Cheaper to go elsewhere!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Then they changed to the structure they use elsewhere, price for pitch plus one, extra for extra people, dynamic pricing, price variations during the week, during the year. So they became far more expensive. Cheaper to go elsewhere!
Might rejoin then - being a retired solo, dynamic pricing, pitch + occupancy is often cheaper than a commercial site 'all in' price and even CL's

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I think some of their pricing might be getting less ridiculous. Just reserved a pitch at Crystal Palace next month….£34 with EHU. That’s not too bad compared to some of the outrageous prices quoted this summer.

Oct 1, 2019
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680 A Cl
Exp
Since June 20
I think some of their pricing might be getting less ridiculous. Just reserved a pitch at Crystal Palace next month….£34 with EHU. That’s not too bad compared to some of the outrageous prices quoted this summer.
Horsley CACC for 14 nights in early October £25 per night, 2 people using age concession rate. Hard standing with EHU

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
And yet they are still buying sites.

Someone mentioned Lickpenny in Derbyshire, will be CAMC from 2025.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have used many UK sites this year, CL/CS we have not had a problem booking anywhere. We've just come back from a CL, it was full over the Bank holiday weekend but before and after only 2 or 3 pitches used. I think the boom is over. I hope this means lower prices, not sites closing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back