Are all Aires in Spain dirty & uninspiring (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you think these are dirty and uninspiring there's no point you being in Spain 😂

View attachment 657877View attachment 657878View attachment 657879View attachment 657880View attachment 657881View attachment 657882
All on our present trip in Galicia.

Most of them free and with services.

Tonight's parkup is maybe a bit uninspiring on photos 🙄 so I haven't included it, but we're here to ride our bikes tomorrow. It's clean, full services, including leccy! And it's totally free.
We are thinking of spending more time in Galicia next trip rather than just driving through it. Is there any chance you could share where these photos were taken please? They all look like places we would enjoy.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks we were going towards Porto and stopping at peso da ragua but may do that. Looks like cable car only open weekend.
According to Google it is open 10am to 6:15pm all week.

Peso da Regua is another favourite for us. The Aire by the river is on concrete standing with good views of the river and has dumps, water and EHU all for €3 per night. Catch the train up to the head of the line and you will get great views of the River Douro and the Port wineries. You can also catch the train into Porto as well from there. The grape harvesting will be starting soon and there will be lots on later in the month.

Please report back how Portugal is, haven't been for about 5 years or so, any parking up issues, the current Aire and Campsite situation...have you changed your clocks and watches...
It was good when we were there in the spring. Some of the informal Aires on the Algarve were closed, such as Alvor, but still plenty of places to stay. Let us know where you are heading for and I may be able to recommend places

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
According to Google it is open 10am to 6:15pm all week.

Peso da Regua is another favourite for us. The Aire by the river is on concrete standing with good views of the river and has dumps, water and EHU all for €3 per night. Catch the train up to the head of the line and you will get great views of the River Douro and the Port wineries. You can also catch the train into Porto as well from there. The grape harvesting will be starting soon and there will be lots on later in the month.

It was good when we were there in the spring. Some of the informal Aires on the Algarve were closed, such as Alvor, but still plenty of places to stay. Let us know where you are heading for and I may be able to recommend places
Yes just Google it, I was looking at a review.

Nov 15, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Purchasing a new MH
Exp
Good post and advice here. When the first year (15 years ago!) MH through Spain with my children I found many ‘experiences’ from aires alongside Motorways and petrol stations to odd stops. Regardless I love the culture in Spain. Food, weather, people what’s to not like. By the next spanish MH trip my experience improved the quality of stops. Several tips. Technology and apps dramatically improved and forum posts increased the quality. So SFS, camper contact and park4nite were all easy to find the very best stops or aires to go. The things like Asci out of season gave cheaper campsites as well. Finally being here and in facebook like Wandering Bird, AndyTravelWriter etc I collected others and added lists and labels on google maps. Using all these before I go on a trip I just cross check those things and rarely now do I find a duff stop. Just from one of these forums you can collect 10 or more stops which is excellent advice here, so thank you all. Have fun everyone. x

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are thinking of spending more time in Galicia next trip rather than just driving through it. Is there any chance you could share where these photos were taken please? They all look like places we would enjoy.

I did a thread, it's the last one on my signature. If I haven't said where places are, I'm happy to let you know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Had a good look at your thread, but could not find out where the 2nd, 4th and 6th of those photos were.

Haha that's cos I stopped posting on it due to seeming lack of interest.

The second photo isn't an actual aire, but the allowed parking at Caion.

The fourth photo is a private motorhome parking a little further along towards A Coruna near the beach at Barañan. It's free to use atm because it's not officially open yet. All services except leccy.

The last photo you mentioned is the public area at Berdeogas. A lovely spot, except for the irrigation jets during the night!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Ronboyracer: personally my experience of Spanish Aires is rather dire, if they pulled there fingers out they could create stop overs with decent facilities charge a minimum amount people are willing to pay , cut the wild camping down and provide income for the country .😊🐕
Perhaps my past experience of Spanish Aires is somewhat outdated of late and I would like to retract my initial comment of dire , obviously things have improved.😊🐕

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
This thread appeared on Facebook today...

inbound5681358640876980862.png

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
What is written on here is free for all to read. Is there anything added to the Facebook post?
Don't know as I am a member it opened up when I clicked on it. I would hope that if I logged out and then clicked it wouldn't... 😉

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Going back to the original post - for me an Aire doesn't have to be inspiring. It's all about location. If it's near somewhere I want to be visit it's a good Aire.

Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Good post and advice here. When the first year (15 years ago!) MH through Spain with my children I found many ‘experiences’ from aires alongside Motorways and petrol stations to odd stops. Regardless I love the culture in Spain. Food, weather, people what’s to not like. By the next spanish MH trip my experience improved the quality of stops. Several tips. Technology and apps dramatically improved and forum posts increased the quality. So SFS, camper contact and park4nite were all easy to find the very best stops or aires to go. The things like Asci out of season gave cheaper campsites as well. Finally being here and in facebook like Wandering Bird, AndyTravelWriter etc I collected others and added lists and labels on google maps. Using all these before I go on a trip I just cross check those things and rarely now do I find a duff stop. Just from one of these forums you can collect 10 or more stops which is excellent advice here, so thank you all. Have fun everyone. x
Good post 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back