Rally [Apr 2, 2015] Chester Food Festival 2015 (Chester) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

geoffles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trafford Park
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi all, we had a short visit and had to leave today to come home, just like to say thank you to all that organised it and made us newbies feel welcome.

Geoff + Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Also had to leave today, had a good time, great spot and good company, many thanks to all the organisers. Special thanks to Terry and Haganap (I think??) and the very nice man with the 4x4 who helped pull us out of the mud. Once we go started we were ok, but getting moving after being parked on the soft ground required some help. I now have a nice video from the dash cam of being led around the campsite, something I will obviously treasure.

Thanks again.
Neil and Jacqui

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks Sian & Jim and Carol & Eddie...
:mnythnks:

And thank`s to Jim`s son for the mat to get us off our pitch.. (Would not have needed it if some Plonker hadn`t parked a trailer right in front of us.. :doh::wink:)

First Rally I have ever been on and taken three 2litre boxes of White Wine,,,,, and come away with 2 & three quarter boxes.. :blush:

Thanks every one.. :lips:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I have just spent a most enjoyable day in the company of motor-homing friends (too many to mention by name). But special thanks to those who provided me with copius amounts of coffee. Especially Sian, Mousy, Beerdrinker1, Mousy, Beerdrinker1 & Mousy (That shows how many drinks I had:rolleyes:)

Thanks for your generous hospitality.(y)

:thanks5:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have just spent a most enjoyable day in the company of motor-homing friends (too many to mention by name). But special thanks to those who provided me with copius amounts of coffee. Especially Sian, Mousy, Beerdrinker1, Mousy, Beerdrinker1 & Mousy (That shows how many drinks I had:rolleyes:)

Thanks for your generous hospitality.(y)

:thanks5:
It was good to see you again Phil. (y)

Thanks for helping out with the breakfast rolls. :)

Have a smashing time in France.....................minus the lightning stikes. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can I just say a big thank you to Barrie Janine and Simon for our entertainment last night, and Gerri for the brilliant Quiz she prepared and did for us to a full Marquee. Also thank you for all who helped with the Bacon Rolls have to admit they went down well as usual .

Also a huge thank you to those who made Easter Cakes and Bonnets got the meet and greet you were all amazing, and last but not least everyone who came that made it a enjoyable fun weekend. Also Jim And Sian without them none of it would happen. Have a safe journey home everyone thank you Carol & Eddie.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
smashing weekend meeting new friends and thanks for all the time and hard work to make this FUN meet another success put in by Jim And Sian Carol & Eddie and the bacon buttie chefs and the nice guys who gave us a shove off:)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you Carol and Eddie for being awesome marshals! And Jim and Sian for making it all happen. Massive thanks to everyone who joined in the quiz, I was nervous as had never done one before so wasn't sure how it would work but you were all so supportive! And will be making the donations today to the Guide Dogs Association thanks to the generosity of the prize winners.
Apologies to Simon, Janine and Barrie for over running, you guys were amazing!
All in all another 'Carlsberg' weekend thanks to Motorhome Fun! :)

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Arrived safely home to a tropical 18 degrees, that is tropical for Teesside.

Many thanks to Carol and Eddie, Sian and Jim and everyone else who made the weekend so good despite the damp start.

A special thanks to Coops (Soaringman) and the others whose names we did not catch, for rocking us out of our rut this morning.

We noted the tractor turning up as we pulled out of the gates so We hope that everyone else gets off safely and has a safe journey to wherever you are going.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Kindest Regards

Malcolm and Joan (MTO)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were almost sent off, girl moved tapes and said "you can get out now" and I was only standing getting some fresh morning fog.

Anyway loads of people around so one small push and we were off.

It's beginning to dawn on me, whenever we go with Carol and Eddie we and up knee deep in mud, this has got to stop.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
A huge thank you to Jim & Sian, Carol & Eddie for all your hard work which went into making it another great weekend! It was lovely to see so many new faces, too :) Gerri, you did a great job with the quiz - unfortunately you're going to have to do it at every meet you go to now :)

Have a great time. We're over at the shanty festival at the National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port. Great to bump in to Janine and Barry yesterday - enjoy your ukulele evening!!

Great to see you, Trevor, you sounded great! We'll load the videos onto Youtube later and send you the link :)

First time we've ever done TWO festivals in one weekend - we got seduced by the 20+ real ales in the bar at the Shanty Festival and dinner on a narrowboat with friends who just happened to be there and had to stay the night parked on the Boat Museum carpark. Then back to Chester Food Festival on Saturday morning for the bonnets & cakes - and to see if anyone had missed us :)

Hope everyone managed to get off the racecourse and had a safe journey home!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Great to meet so many funsters this weekend. We had a great time eating, drinking and laughing far too much. A massive thank you to everyone who helped organise, Marshall, quiz master, entertainment, etc, etc.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Many thanks to the marshals and organisers. Super job all round. We had a great time. A special thanks to Techno and the other gents who helped me get the van going (managed to flatten the cab battery!! Doh. )

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks to Jim and Sian, Eddie and Carol, for all the organising that was done to make our first big rally a memorable one.
Thanks also to the bacon butty helpers, and Gerri and Ron for organising the quiz, the musicians and everyone else for the laughs.
A special thanks to Terry for resealing our damp patch.

It was great to be finally able to put faces to names. We had a wonderful weekend. Worst part as ever was the long journey home, made 2hrs longer by a RTA.

Forgot to say thanks to Brian and Jo for the ticket. Without this we couldnt have gone.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Got home at 3.45 ish also held up by traffic near Tintwhistle and a accident close to Flouch roundabout -car v m/bike -
Emptied the caddy and just had a good long soak in a hot bath (y)First and last time in the Caddy -you need to be a fit young skinny contortionist for it and I am neither ;):D Only things going for it is it did not need a tow off field :D is very furgal and flies upto 110mph with ease and plenty to spare :LOL:
Expect me at Whitby in a van with a bed thrown in it -deffo not the caddy :)Forgot to say thanks to everyone
terry

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
great weekend here at chester and a special thx to terry for fixing me locker and also a special thx again to everyone who attended and the new people i met some sober some drunk lol
hopefully i made a lifetime friend in the gas door fixer and a meeting of a special lady indeed ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Many thanks to the marshals and organisers. Super job all round. We had a great time. A special thanks to Techno and the other gents who helped me get the van going (managed to flatten the cab battery!! Doh. )
I don't know the first guy who tried? but it was Martin who stumped up the yellow go box (y) Mousy's other half. :D I wonder what make/model it was?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I don't know the first guy who tried? but it was Martin who stumped up the yellow go box (y) Mousy's other half. :D I wonder what make/model it was?

Already been looking for an equivalent to lug around.!! Thanks again chaps.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Thanks to Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian for organising the weekend. Also to Gerri for the quiz - you did a fantastic job!

Apologies if we gave our dreadful cold to anyone. We are both still feeling rough although not as bad as yesterday.

Lastly it was great to meet up with friends old and new and we look forward to Peterborough and the next meet.

Kath and Howie

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to Carole and Eddie, Jim and Sian for making it happen.
We arrived in the rain, stressed out and left in sunshine, happy and relaxed. A successful rally for us, we laughed with lots of lovely people. Although I may start charging for the coffee!

We loved the quiz, so thank you Gerri, and enjoyed the music so thanks to Janine and Barrie, also the guy who played guitar last night was fantastic. Hope to do it all again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back