MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I have a canon 90d :)
Sue: Canon 1100D
Me: Canon 7D
Us together: Canon 1D donated by our son when he got his new one,
Lenses, 2x 20-300 Tamron general use, Canon 10-28 wide angle, Canon 50mm for that special shot, Sigma 50-500,
2 x tripods, monopod,
A very large backpack, and strong shoulders (me) !!

Sep 9, 2021
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican S
Exp
Have owned my moho for 2.5 years now
Sue: Canon 1100D
Me: Canon 7D
Us together: Canon 1D donated by our son when he got his new one,
Lenses, 2x 20-300 Tamron general use, Canon 10-28 wide angle, Canon 50mm for that special shot, Sigma 50-500,
2 x tripods, monopod,
A very large backpack, and strong shoulders (me) !!
lens i have are sigma 150-600mm c , sigma 18-300m and a 50mm prime. and four tripods lol

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I caught this one on the wing on the Great Ouse at the St Neots C&CC site with a Canon Powershot SX 30

365DBD6B-7876-459E-8ECB-96D0059C4CEA_1_201_a.jpeg
365DBD6B-7876-459E-8ECB-96D0059C4CEA_1_201_a.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I am not familiar with either of those places so thanks for the tip. My favourite birds are raptors, but never seen a Hen Harrier, only Marsh Harriers
You should visit Salisbury Plain we get all sorts down here it on a migration route and of course we have Great Bustards and Stone Curlew that breed here.
well worth a visitšŸ˜Š
i spotted a Montagues Harrier last weekšŸ‘šŸ˜Š

daveake

Free Member
Aug 28, 2022
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
It's a bit of a trek to get there in a motorhome (drive to Denmark then get the 2-day ferry), but Iceland is a Mecca for photography. We flew there this summer and rented a 6m Ducato conversion for a couple of weeks and had a wonderful time. Here's a selfie I took from a drone, of the glacier that occupies 10% of the country. That location btw requires a free drone permit apply online at least 2 weeks in advance.

DJI_0060.JPG

daveake

Free Member
Aug 28, 2022
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
It's a bit of a trek to get there in a motorhome (drive to Denmark then get the 2-day ferry), but Iceland is a Mecca for photography. We flew there this summer and rented a 6m Ducato conversion for a couple of weeks and had a wonderful time. Here's a selfie I took from a drone, of the glacier that occupies 10% of the country. That location btw requires a free drone permit apply online at least 2 weeks in advance.

Wrong pic; here's the correct one ...

DJI_0061.JPG

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ref my post 96 take a look at this vid, Simon takes it to the next level, if you donā€™t want to watch him setting up go to 21.49 to see his results šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Completely new motorhomer

View attachment 657418
Ooh, amazing! Iceland is really high on my list of places to visit. I wouldn't take my motorhome there though with that journey, much easier to hire as you did. Stunning picture!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
Well, (A change from So) I have a Nikon D500 with a selection of lenses and kit. But for my uses (No interest in wildlife, just engineering) 99% of the time a modern smartphone camera excels. 3 Weeks away and the Nikon never came out of the bag.

Jan 27, 2019
Teesside
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2016
I am not at the standard shown in your pics but I take my camera out on my hikes. I think you will find the use of a MH will open up much more opportunities at a much lower cost. Suggest you research places during the winter months then head off with a 'To do list' for the year.
Bonne voyage

Jan 30, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2010
I enjoy photography as a hobby, typically landscapes, sunsets, long exposure (waterfalls, or traffic trails), wildlife (mostly birds in fairness, but that's mostly because that's what you mostly see) and macro (mostly insects, some flowers).

Where do people recommend as good places to visit for good photo opportunities?

We have been to Mull many times, its a special place for us, BUT if you are a keen photographer you don't need to travel far to take great photos, you just have to use your imagination. Sunshine helps and the right equipment will go along way to getting good results. I get the impression from your text that you like using a long lens, they can be a pain in low light. Slap on a 50mm lens and scratch your head. Try using manual mode only and test yourself. Good luck

Nov 6, 2019
Lancaster and Morecambe area
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2020
Where to recommend for good photo opportunities? The list is endless and locations can vary so much depending on the time of day, the weather, the season, tides etc.. Close to home I have Morecambe Bay, Silverdale and Arnside, the Forest of Bowland, the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales - spoilt for choice really!

One suggestion then. We spent two weeks in the North of Scotland in May this year. We did quite a lot of the NC500, but found some great locations off the main route. Just one example - we stayed at Altnaharra and did a big loop on the A836/A838 (Sutherland). That was stunning with perfect weather. You could spend weeks in that area alone, exploring the coastal and mountain landscapes. But then we went south into Assynt, Coigach, Wester Ross and Torridon, and that was just as magnificent!

DSE_0155.jpg
DSE_0131-HDR.jpg
DSC04442.jpg
DSE_0178.jpg
DSC04466.jpg

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Great pictures folks. Wonderful to see the wildlife I took a picture of our dog, Laika, resting after a long run. šŸ«¢5BEB0688-2C6A-4035-A30F-A92D90371812.jpeg

daveake

Free Member
Aug 28, 2022
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
Ooh, amazing! Iceland is really high on my list of places to visit. I wouldn't take my motorhome there though with that journey, much easier to hire as you did. Stunning picture!
Cheers! It was almost an accident - I brought the drone back over our heads from the glacier, but overshot. So I spun it around till it could see us, then spotted the opportunity for the photo!
We've ordered an Expedition 66 but don't have a campervan yet. Even when we get it, I doubt we'd take it to Iceland when it's so far; much easier to fly and rent. Probably our first foreign trip will be Norway as I've wanted to go there for a long time.

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Cheers! It was almost an accident - I brought the drone back over our heads from the glacier, but overshot. So I spun it around till it could see us, then spotted the opportunity for the photo!
We've ordered an Expedition 66 but don't have a campervan yet. Even when we get it, I doubt we'd take it to Iceland when it's so far; much easier to fly and rent. Probably our first foreign trip will be Norway as I've wanted to go there for a long time.
Norway is on my list too. The fjords! Iā€™m not sure how feasible it is for me to go though, as work full time and also I have two dogs and itā€™s not so easy to take them abroad now. Plenty to enjoy in the UK for now though

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Where to recommend for good photo opportunities? The list is endless and locations can vary so much depending on the time of day, the weather, the season, tides etc.. Close to home I have Morecambe Bay, Silverdale and Arnside, the Forest of Bowland, the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales - spoilt for choice really!

One suggestion then. We spent two weeks in the North of Scotland in May this year. We did quite a lot of the NC500, but found some great locations off the main route. Just one example - we stayed at Altnaharra and did a big loop on the A836/A838 (Sutherland). That was stunning with perfect weather. You could spend weeks in that area alone, exploring the coastal and mountain landscapes. But then we went south into Assynt, Coigach, Wester Ross and Torridon, and that was just as magnificent!

View attachment 658022View attachment 658021View attachment 658019View attachment 658023View attachment 658020

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I looked at staying at Altnaharra, but I am choosing to stay at sites with facilities until I get my confidence motorhoming. I am off to Scotland in a few weeks and staying at some other CAMC sites. Very excited!

I loved Assynt when I stayed there in a cottage and will definitely be visiting Clachtoll in my motorhome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back