Apr 2, 2021
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2020
Hello all you photo people.

All these georgous photos on here, where do you keep them? on you cameras, on a CD?

I'm asking because who else will get chance to see them.

I've experimented with my own for display on Instagram, but Instagram site has sadly degenerated into a chat type, Facebook contact show.

I have made a Wordpress site but I don't think it gets a lot of exposure.

"Gathering dust" on a computer, SD card or camera is a shame, It doesn't really worry me if people copy them, good luck to them.. they're for all to enjoy.

How do you put your photos out there?
Hi, I store them on my Macbook and the Cloud. I still use Instagram (@auslanc) and I haven't found it's turned into a chat site particularly, although it seems increasingly hard to gather "likes". I suppose it's dominated by "influencers" but I'm still happy to follow people I'm interested in. I've also started using Polarsteps to record trips and post photos. It's a useful way to have a record of all those amazing places you visit, and then forget the name of!

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
For any photographer's who want to improve their travel photography may want to watch this video.
I bought a few of Scott Kelby's books more than 10 years ago and they helped me a lot.
His tips will help you 'see' and improve the photos you take. Enjoy (y)

Last edited:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Screenshot_20230127-202037_Photos.jpg

One of mine nikon d900 83x zoom

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Now you've lost me . I just set it up on auto moonlight , focused it n fired.
That's me see n click.
It took me more than 20 years (before digital) to learn the skills to take a shot like that, and you simply set it to auto moonlight :doh: ;):rofl:

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Now you've lost me . I just set it up on auto moonlight , focused it n fired.
That's me see n click.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Same here, and still not quite got it
I learned the hard way. When you're getting paid for your work (before digital) you capture the images on film and you'd no idea how the photos turned out until they come back from the lab a week later (had a few sleepless nights!) very rarely was there any chance of going back and redoing the shoot.
Only once in 8 years did I come unstuck and thankfully it was one of those rare occasions when I could redo the shoot :whistle2:

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
I learned the hard way. When you're getting paid for your work (before digital) you capture the images on film and you'd no idea how the photos turned out until they come back from the lab a week later (had a few sleepless nights!) very rarely was there any chance of going back and redoing the shoot.
Only once in 8 years did I come unstuck and thankfully it was one of those rare occasions when I could redo the shoot :whistle2:
I would have taken Fifty shots at least of one subject, then wasted a whole lot of Paper & Chemicals just to get one photo right, I was not great at developing, but I refused to give up.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I would have taken Fifty shots at least of one subject, then wasted a whole lot of Paper & Chemicals just to get one photo right, I was not great at developing, but I refused to give up.
My mum said I was a late developer, but I too refused to give up :rofl:

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there
What is the maximum file size to upload photos on motorhome fun, many thanks

Dec 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero EK600
Exp
Getting there owner since 2021
I enjoy a bit of photography for fun. I'm currently at Glentrool in Galloway forest park for a bit of long exposure dark sky photography and it's been end to end cloud all weekend. Grrrrr.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi there
What is the maximum file size to upload photos on motorhome fun, many thanks
There's no point uploading huge images as the site reduces the file size before publishing it. Virtually all my images are put through Lightroom on my tablet before uploading them. They might be around 4Mb in size when ready to upload but after posting they are down to typically around 800Kb or so.

I used to shoot RAW images for my threads on here but now only use JPG as it is quicker downloading the smaller files. I can't see any difference once the images appear on here.

The above applies to normal threads. I've never used the Media section.

Apr 13, 2022
Salisbury, UK
Funster No
MH
chausson
Exp
I’m a newbie
I enjoy photography as a hobby, typically landscapes, sunsets, long exposure (waterfalls, or traffic trails), wildlife (mostly birds in fairness, but that's mostly because that's what you mostly see) and macro (mostly insects, some flowers).

Where do people recommend as good places to visit for good photo opportunities?

I am new to motorhoming, but until now tended to book cottages, usually Scotland or the southern counties, for a week at a time and use it as a base. Hope is to cover more ground in a MH.

On my list is to go back to Mull (for WTSE), The Western Isles, north coast of Scotland.

Also really looking forward to places that are doable as weekend trips that I wouldn't have wanted to use a whole week's annual leave on before, but would have been a bit much for a day trip e.g. landscape photography in the Peak District.

I am also hoping to go and stay overnight somewhere close to Ham Wall in winter for the murmurations.
I enjoy photography as a hobby, typically landscapes, sunsets, long exposure (waterfalls, or traffic trails), wildlife (mostly birds in fairness, but that's mostly because that's what you mostly see) and macro (mostly insects, some flowers).

I am new to motorhoming, but until now tended to book cottages, usually Scotland or the southern counties, for a week at a time and use it as a base. Hope is to cover more ground in a MH.

On my list is to go back to Mull (for WTSE), The Western Isles, north coast of Scotland.

Also really looking forward to places that are doable as weekend trips that I wouldn't have wanted to use a whole week's annual leave on before, but would have been a bit much for a day trip e.g. landscape photography in the Peak District.

I am also hoping to go and stay overnight somewhere close to Ham Wall in winter for the murmurations.
I am also a happy amateur photographer. There is a series of books by fotovue on photographing different parts of the UK. They are really well done, great advice, written by photographers local to the area. I use them as travel guides as well. Taken me to lots of great places I might not normally have found. Happy snapping!

Last edited:

kevinktwo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
not yet
I am a landscape photographer with my van still on order ☹️ When I get it, there will be plenty of trips to the North West Highlands of Scotland and the Isle of Harris. Shorter trips to the Lake District, Peaks and Snowdonia.

if you want to see the sort of work I do; visit my site at www.philcorley.com

Enjoy your van and the photography it will enable.

Phil
Wow your art is at another level, is that the Lofoten Isles

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Anybody know how or which equipment to use to recreate 35mm/6x4 images (thousands of them !! ) onto 'sim card ' or dvd please ??

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer

I’m a photographer… can I help?

Oct 23, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
SwiftKontiki Gr Prix
Exp
Since 2002

Try Northumberland area especially the coastal areas

Mar 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
Lunar homecar pr59
I take photos everywhere and anywhere, I am rarely without my camera. I started off buying a bridge camera on a trip to Athens in 2017 when I realised my phone wasn't up to the job. I've had a few canon dslrs since then, but use a canon R6 at the moment. I like and will try most types of photography, but my favourite is street candid portraits, but the other week we went to Kielder Forest so I could have a go at shooting the milky way, my first attempt at astro photography. Kielder is supposed to have the darkest skies in England, but the glow in the bottom right I think is light pollution from Newcastle, the pink glow I think might be the northern lights.

milky way.jpg

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Yes ,I've looked at those ,but i'm looking for a device that copies the 6x4 print as not all the images have neg's .

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Anybody know how or which equipment to use to recreate 35mm/6x4 images (thousands of them !! ) onto 'sim card ' or dvd please ??
To be honest - compared to buying a scanner, even a basic flatbed one, and your time & patience to manually copy 1000's of prints, I'd be tempted to use a professional digitising service

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
I have found a printer scanners will do a good job, however scanning in colour, even though they be black white will captures maximum detail.

Do not be tempted to scan above 300 as if they are textured prints the tiny dimples will appear as dust or a pattern.

And clean them as best with soft lint free cloth before scanning.

I scanned in and renovated hundreds of old family photos, finding to fit as many onto the scanner plate as possible then seperate and reorientate/straighten them in photo shop for processing.

Once you have a collection put them up to a cloud storage of your choice , you can then access them from your phone without taking up phone memory.

My choice for physical storage would be USB SSD Portable Drive, they don't need external power and can store upto 2Terrabytes
This 1TB drive is a very reliable fast and good price ..
ORICO 1TB SSD.

Good Luck it's going to be a labour of love and test of your endurance.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Just a few side by side comparisons of old photos scanned in and optimised by me .. ENJOY

David Cowboy 01.jpg

David piggy back .jpg

Chrissy boots Before and After.jpg

GASMEN 001.jpg

Bill Mates.jpg

Linda-clown Me-swimsuit.jpg

The last one is me and the missus, many years since ..good old days, we've been married 50 years come May.12.2023

So I would say any digitalisation of old photos is a wonderful, well worth project, and valuable for future memories.

Plus the kids won't be able to chuck all the boxes of photos in the skip when they do our house clearance, when we've pegged it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back