Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Red light
+
text warning scrolling on dash
+
pinging [for a short while]
Ah ….so can you drive and finish your holiday or is it best to get straight off to a garage ?
A red warning light is normally don’t drive isn’t it ?
Thanks for your help , I am just preparing myself so I know what to do in case mine fails .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How did you get on? I have same problem, booked in at Adam’s Morley who quoted £570 just for the unit:-(
there is a discount for MH fun members
A Question please chaps . When this issue occurs and the airbag light comes on , is there a bleeper or buzzer that activates as well ? Or is it just a warning light ?
In other words , can you continue driving without any annoying buzzers ?

see post #48

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2018
Funster No
Problems occur around the 2015-2018 ish models. Had mine reset a couple of time (my fault) so ended having a new one from crash data. Been fine since.

Jun 1, 2022
Portishead. Bristol
Funster No
MH
carthago C line 2018
Exp
Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
Changing it is well within my capability but I would then need to take to a garage with a good code reader
I would suggest buying a unit already coded then just fit it, in case you are thinking of sending it away I personally would forget that I sent kind of to crash Data. Only last two months and they didn’t want to know very snotty woman on the other end of the phone C j

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would suggest buying a unit already coded then just fit it, in case you are thinking of sending it away I personally would forget that I sent kind of to crash Data. Only last two months and they didn’t want to know very snotty woman on the other end of the phone C j
Yep, horrible company to deal with.

Apr 16, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
Fault caused by condensation running down the screen into the footwell. Replace and then put a small towel at the bottom centre of your screen.

Feb 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
carado
Exp
A Question please chaps . When this issue occurs and the airbag light comes on , is there a bleeper or buzzer that activates as well ? Or is it just a warning light ?
There was a warning message on my instrument cluster display, you can drive the vehicle, but I think the seat belt pre tensioner system may not be working slso, when the warning light is on ?

Aug 29, 2019
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
8 years
I wrote about this a while ago paid £500 to garage to fit new I was niaeve asked for old unit search internet exactly same £75 bosch.
Mec told me that advice was to fit a second larger earthing strap to unit and then get garage to set up £60 I was robbed be carefull
Was the £75 unit new? Did you buy and test it?

The second strap is a good idea for many reasons but mainly because if you make your own with flat braided cable, washers and bolts etc you can reuse the copper braided wire again again and just change the washers and bolts when they get rusty. The OEM ground strap is crimped and corrodes internally within the steel crimp and it’s not easy to reuse as it’s short.

Aug 29, 2019
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
8 years
Very kind of you. We haven’t crossed yet the ferry is on the 5th. Have it booked in at a place in Morecombe for a recode on the 4th.
If that fails we will have to find a dealer in Ireland.
I cross back to Scotland on the 2nd. I’m not entirely sure you need to code the AB module. It may well have been done by the garage I used in Portsmouth for a new unit (Adam Morley?) I felt I had to get a new unit when crossing to Spain later that day as I didn’t want to have a bad bump and the bags not going off this upsetting the insurance company.

I’ll try find out for sure.

Aug 29, 2019
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
8 years
Oh you bet your Auntie Flossey there’s an alarm!!!!! Pressing the mode button on the dash silences it for a while.

Aug 29, 2019
Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630
Exp
8 years
Northern autotec sent mine back,said it was goosed,no charge and a packet of haribo’s attached with a note. Can’t fault them.
I’m glad to hear that as I just praised them elsewhere in this thread. I got good vibes from them.

OP
OP
grasscutter

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Oct 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65FL
Exp
2 years around Europe
I got this from another forum they recommend contacting Fiat direct . Best if luck Graham

Started the van today and a warning sound with Airbag Fault being displayed.
Checked everything for a loose connection to no avail.
Called AA and after much searching he came up with the attached fault codes.
It seems that the air bag ecu is prone to failure (Google Searches).
I can hopefully source a module and replace it myself.
Not sure if this would clear the codes or whether I would still need to take it somewhere to get the faults cleared.
Sod’s Law as we are packing the van for an extended tour of Ireland.
Any info appreciated.
My passenger airbag warning light has appeared twice in 6 years, a pain indeed. The first time I called out an electrician and he fixed it by reconnecting wires under the driver’s seat, which I think I snapped when moving the revolving seat through 180 degrees. I explained all this to a mechanic 4 years later when the light came on again and he had no idea what I meant and replaced the ECU £500. The wires were still intact so still bemused and dreading it happening again 😳 🙏

Red light
+
text warning scrolling on dash
+
pinging [for a short while]

Oct 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby T65FL
Exp
2 years around Europe
My passenger airbag warning light has appeared twice in 6 years, a pain indeed. The first time I called out an electrician and he fixed it by reconnecting wires under the driver’s seat, which I think I snapped when moving the revolving seat through 180 degrees. I explained all this to a mechanic 4 years later when the light came on again and he had no idea what I meant and replaced the ECU £500. The wires were still intact so still bemused and dreading it happening again 😳 🙏

Apr 12, 2022
Darwen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740e
Exp
2 years
Not sure if this would clear the codes or whether I would still need to take it somewhere to get the faults cleared.
Any info appreciated.
GrahamView attachment 938160
I had to buy a new one ,get it re-programmed and bought a small solar panel to put on my dash when motorhome on compound to keep the battery fully charged. Had no problem since i did this.Hope this helps ( Peugeot boxer )

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Northern Autotech were good, in that we paid for a repair, but when the unit turned out to be screwed, he deducted the cost of the repair from a new unit which was £240. We had to get it mapped by a mobile chap - about£100.

Jun 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Any info appreciated.
GrahamView attachment 938160
Stood for some time and or some other reason, happened to us because engine battery too low. Local Garage in Portugal reset it for us.

May 22, 2021
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Elldis acordo 105
Exp
Caravan for 50 years motorhome since 2019
Yes just a warning light it happened when we were away so continue on our hols for the next two weeks and got it sorted when we got home ,but you have to remember the air bags might not work.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My van is garaged when not in use, is 10 years old and never had the fault. Also the starter battery is always plugged into an optimate maintainer.

Feb 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
carado
Exp
Have you had your seat out to work on the battery? The ground may not have been put back.
I meant the airbag ECU also controls the seat belt pre-tension system ? I cant remember if it does? So does an airbag alarm also mean the pretensioners system is out as well?
2 things on my ECU install, I wrapped both battery leads in seperate plastic bags whilst the battery was disconnected, so there was no chance of the leads touching & grounding on the bodywork. I also recommend putting the battery connectors back onto the terminals in a firm manner, ie no faffing & letting them spark!!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Another positive here for Northern Autotech. I took mine and although Carl initial said it was repairable (diagnosed via laptop) when he removed and then tried the repair it was goosed. Agreed to have a new one, and he had an order in for 3 which would be available the following week. Old one put back and I agreed to return the following week. Got it sorted for a very reasonable price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back