Air suspension on a tag axle (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
I am after some advice please . Has anyone had rear air suspension fitted to a tag axle ? If so , does it make much difference . What are the advantages. We are looking to buy a particular tag MH but it has air suspension on the rear . I am wondering if the air suspension reduces the payload . I have not had a tag before but I am told they are more stable than a single rear axle , that being the case I am trying to understand why the previous owner spec it with air suspension?
Any advice greatly appreciated .
Thank you

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve had Goldsmitt air suspension for 20 years+just had it replaced as they were going crackly like a worn tyre ,wouldn’t be without them handle like s Mini Cooper o the bends,have there extra anti roll bar it makes it amazing,you could also have goldsmitt front HD springs simply wonderfull.Then update to 5000kilo.
IMG_0341.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Aug 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Agree 100% with Winchester our tag carthago had air on the rear when we bought it cannot believe the difference on our tag axle burstner Elegance.
Thank you Bleau’s
So are you saying you think the air suspension is a good improvement or just a necessity for the long overhang ? I am assuming you Bustner doesn’t have air but Carthago did ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back