Air suspension on a tag axle (18 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hi All
I am after some advice please . Has anyone had rear air suspension fitted to a tag axle ? If so , does it make much difference . What are the advantages. We are looking to buy a particular tag MH but it has air suspension on the rear . I am wondering if the air suspension reduces the payload . I have not had a tag before but I am told they are more stable than a single rear axle , that being the case I am trying to understand why the previous owner spec it with air suspension?
Any advice greatly appreciated .
Thank you

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve had Goldsmitt air suspension for 20 years+just had it replaced as they were going crackly like a worn tyre ,wouldn’t be without them handle like s Mini Cooper o the bends,have there extra anti roll bar it makes it amazing,you could also have goldsmitt front HD springs simply wonderfull.Then update to 5000kilo.
IMG_0341.jpeg

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
I’ve got rear air on a Carthago tag axle. Fitted because of a fairly long overhand that could ground otherwise. Easy to adjust the height according to load. Rides great. Able to up-plate from 5000 to 5500kg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back