A real conundrum for you experts

Likes collected
Funster No
Further up this post I gave my test readings for everything. Since then I have done some more and there is one update:
The microwave tripped the inverter off after 30 seconds on full power ☹️
However, when I set it at 80% it went to 60 seconds with no problem, so guessing that it would continue beyond that if required.
Which inverter. did you chose?

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Which inverter. did you chose?
Victron 12/1200

Mainly wanted it so that we could charge the e-bikes whenever we wanted, anything else was a bonus, especially as we use refillable gas for heating and cooking.

Also, the next size up was quite a big jump in both physical size and cost. On our Swift Escape on a Fiat Ducato (with no rear garage) the inverter sits perfectly behind the drivers seat base. Not sure where we could have fitted something bigger conveniently.

Likes collected
Funster No
We went for the 12/1600 Multiplus to give us some wiggle room. It is quite big I agree, and heavy, fortunately we had a useful place to put it.

The only thing I am still trying to work out still is the on/off/middle vehicle battery trickle charge position. I think it works in all three but have asked for confirmation.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
We went for the 12/1600 Multiplus to give us some wiggle room. It is quite big I agree, and heavy, fortunately we had a useful place to put it.

The only thing I am still trying to work out still is the on/off/middle vehicle battery trickle charge position. I think it works in all three but have asked for confirmation.
On ours it has on/off/eco. Eco means it’s off most of the time but regularly checks for voltage draw in case it’s required, so it stills draws on the battery albeit less than permanently on.

Likes collected
Funster No
On ours it has on/off/eco. Eco means it’s off most of the time but regularly checks for voltage draw in case it’s required, so it stills draws on the battery albeit less than permanently on.
Thanks, not sure if it's the same or not. I expect Nigel or Roger will know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Oh dear hope it is resolved.

It is early days but we are very impressed, they had all the answers and have done a very neat job. We have worked out using electric to boil the kettle uses 3.5% of the battery. Everything else is quite low, TV is 1% per hour including sound bar. Charging bike batteries uses quite a bit, between 5 and 10% depending how low they are. But it's not something we do often and solar is fairly weak where we are parked.

I agree they do go the extra mile, they gave us a lift to Wantage and back too.

Interesting to hear some real life usage stats. What battery did you get and how much solar and more importantly is it charging back up again this time of year to 100% or would you eventually run out of power?

Im just trying to get a feel for what I can expect when we get ours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back