A photo of the outside from Inside (25 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
View from Withernsea Lighthouse. Can't seem to insert full photo as I normally do.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
1000039731.jpg

Admittedly tastes do vary, but there's nowhere we would rather be than this corner of Cornwall.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Currently looking at this lovely view on the M1. Been here at least an hour. Accident ahead, so have been to the loo and had a brew. Six large recovery wagons have passed en route.View attachment 932516

Bothered.? Not at all. One more sleep until our eurotunnel train. We'll just be a little late to Canterbury park and ride. Yippee!
Are you allowed to cook on the motorway??šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Just be sure to not dribble! šŸ˜±
About twenty years ago we were heading to the Channel Tunnel from South Wales, usually about a 5.5 hour run. As we left the M25 I said to Mrs. Maison, ā€œThatā€™s the awkward bit goneā€.

Unfortunately, when on the M62, we came across a solid traffic jam. An accident, involving a chemical tanker and three cars had totally blocked the southbound carriageway.

The blockage led to us being stationary for over six hours. I think people met, got married and had children before we moved again.

A workmanā€™s van then drove down the embankment, used their saws to cut the wooden fence, and drove across the field to the gate and then the road. Several vehicles followed but all had to have high ground clearance.

During that period our toilet was used by about ten people after we saw a couple of young girls panicking when they needed a pee.

Each time we go past that place we remember and will do so on Sunday as we head to France again!

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We overnighted last night at a fairly unglamorous gravel car park on the high tundra about 5 miles over the border into Sweden on the road between Narvik (Norway) and Kiruna (Sweden).

Rudely awoken just after 7am this morning by a helicopter landing right next to us!

Turns out it was a mountain rescue rescue helicopter doing a patient transfer into an ambulance. Managed a quick photo out the window in my PJs!

Unusual start to the day, and a different type of picture to add to this thread!

PXL_20240827_052756114.jpg

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Sitting in my van listening to the National Symphony Orchestra rehearsing for this afternoonā€™s Prom concert at Shuttleworth. After enjoying a superb ā€˜Flying Promsā€™ concert here last night.
Highly recommended and worth every penny.
Lovely camping very close to the concert site as you can hear.
Added bonus this morning of
IMG_6854.jpeg
various aircraft to-ing and fro-ing.

I added a video clip with sound, but for some reason itā€™s not showing although it said it had loaded. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Good Afternoon

We too were at Old Warden for the flying proms. Stayed three nights, Ā£20 p.n. ( no EHU available).
Totally recommend this, excellent value as camping includes access to collection hangars ( very interesting ) and Swiss Garden ( very beautiful).
Show itself I think was Ā£30 and fantastic value with a quality live orchestra, flying display and fireworks.
If youā€™ve never been why not check out their events. We are looking to go to the Steam and Country fair next September. We are busy so canā€™t go in a couple of weeks.

Phil in Northampton
IMG_1486.jpeg
IMG_1485.jpeg
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1483.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
IMG_5049.png
IMG_5046.jpeg
IMG_5048.jpeg
IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5035.jpeg
IMG_5042.jpeg
Navarra, Spain, Urharte Arakil Aire, has to be one of my favourite stopovers, absolutely stunning area, the Aire is set in a small wooded area 5 minute walk from the village, taverna does very good Menu del Dia, The whole area is a National Park, some great walking and cycling. Loads of ripe Blackberries so itā€™s crumble and custard for desertšŸ‘

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Good Afternoon

We too were at Old Warden for the flying proms. Stayed three nights, Ā£20 p.n. ( no EHU available).
Totally recommend this, excellent value as camping includes access to collection hangars ( very interesting ) and Swiss Garden ( very beautiful).
Show itself I think was Ā£30 and fantastic value with a quality live orchestra, flying display and fireworks.
If youā€™ve never been why not check out their events. We are looking to go to the Steam and Country fair next September. We are busy so canā€™t go in a couple of weeks.

Phil in Northampton
View attachment 942993View attachment 942994View attachment 942995View attachment 942996

I think I paid Ā£65 total for the two concerts. Both were excellent but the Flying Proms one was exceptional. I stayed four nights for Ā£80 and as you say excellent value considering the access to the hangars and gardens. With fuel and a few quid spent in the cafe it cost me around Ā£220 overall which I think is very good value.
Very well organised ā€˜pop upā€™ camping with friendly marshalls. I also camped there earlier in the year for the Festival of Flight weekend which was another excellent event.
Highly recommended.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
I love old warden. I used to go to the Hot Rod super nationals there every year. Great venue with the old planes flying around also. šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
Made for the rough terrain of the bush.
When in Aussy love looking at the caravans, some incredible bit's of kit.
It was a demonstration one for the European market. It was being trialled by the agent. Heā€™s had lots of British interest apparently. Seems a bit OTT for our roads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back