A German travels round Scotland (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Plenty of good sites - one of my favourites is Kinlochewe CAMC. The road from the East is fine and the view of the water is outstanding.
Just as a wee reminder!

1719298023191.png

Glen Doherty down into Kinlochewe with the sea peeping through at mid top left.

1719298113036.png

Glengarry

1719298159838.png

Loch Carron (a couple of Golden Eagles were circling above)

1719298222043.png

Loch Loyne

1719298271741.png

Kinlochewe C&MC

1719298422520.png

Beinn Eighe

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
3 weeks won't be nearly long enough so you may have to extend or come back!!

Link for Lochore Meadows camping:

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Should you get close to Inverness and decide to visit the Culloden Battle site, then if you like history go a couple of miles further down the road to Clava Cairns.

Older than Stonehenge, large, level, parking area. No overnighting but the Caravan Club Culloden site is only a short distance away.

On your back back south I would be cautious about Kielder Forest, even in September. It can be even worse for midges than the west coast of Scotland.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I live viewpoints to shoot landscape photos.
If you like landscapes maybe look at the Estuary View Escapes site. Near Millom on the west coast, near Barrow. "A quiet site with one of the best views in the country". I've not been there but it's on my list.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Schelli
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
If you like landscapes maybe look at the Estuary View Escapes site. Near Millom on the west coast, near Barrow. "A quiet site with one of the best views in the country". I've not been there but it's on my list.
Thanks for this link. Jürgen

OP
OP
Schelli
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
3 weeks won't be nearly long enough so you may have to extend or come back!!

Link for Lochore Meadows camping:

Thanks for sending the link. Yes, we know already now, we must put Scotland also on our list for 2025. Greetings. Jürgen

OP
OP
Schelli
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Hi Jürgen and welcome :hiya:

Is the 4 weeks you mention all in Scotland, or does that include your journey north and then Manchester and Oxford?
Hi Jürgen September is a good time to visit Scotland. Oban on the West Coast has been good for us, if you fancy a paddle for a change visit Sea Kayak Oban got a double kayak for trip to local Island lovely day out. There are campsites to the North on the road to Fort William which has a campsite near Ben Nevis. Caught a ferry in Oban to the Isle of Mull with a couple of German friends of ours, bus to North of Island visited the small island of Iona to see the Abby founded by St Columba who brought Christianity to us poor heathens. Seriously it was very interesting tour with audio commentary in different languages. There is so much to see in Scotland maybe in 2025 ? Interestingly alongside the road to Fort William is an excellent cycle route all the way and it passes by the campsites. Enjoy your visit. Ray

OP
OP
Schelli
Sep 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Hi Jürgen September is a good time to visit Scotland. Oban on the West Coast has been good for us, if you fancy a paddle for a change visit Sea Kayak Oban got a double kayak for trip to local Island lovely day out. There are campsites to the North on the road to Fort William which has a campsite near Ben Nevis. Caught a ferry in Oban to the Isle of Mull with a couple of German friends of ours, bus to North of Island visited the small island of Iona to see the Abby founded by St Columba who brought Christianity to us poor heathens. Seriously it was very interesting tour with audio commentary in different languages. There is so much to see in Scotland maybe in 2025 ? Interestingly alongside the road to Fort William is an excellent cycle route all the way and it passes by the campsites. Enjoy your visit. Ray
Thanks. Yes, cycling along that route is fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back