“ You have taken our future “ (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Feckless youth..........a phrase that I seem to recall being used a lot about my generation in the 50' and 60's, and undoubtedly heard by many generations past.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am not questioning the efforts of those in WW2. My grandfather died in the first world war, my father was the first casualty on British soil in WW2 whilst protecting the naval base near the forth bridge. He was given the last rites, heroin and presented with a pair of pyjamas by the old Queen Mother. Even after a nervous breakdown he was put on HMS Prince of Wales. That sank in the South China Sea and he had to watch lots of his comrades drown in front of him. Fortunately he got on a rescue barge that was also attacked and sank , but still he survived . After walking through the jungle for many days as the Japanese were moving down the Malaysian peninsula he managed to find a boat to take him to Australia. Every young member of the family and all those young people i tell that story to today show a great deal of respect for my father and others who fought for this country. We are not that far from each others viewpoint but its like I previously said. The comments you heard from the youth of today may be related to climate change.
From what you say your father was one of our hero’s and I’m sure one we should thank.
The comments were from young climate demonstrators and that was my point , blaming past generations for where we are now when it’s the past generations that have enabled us to be here now and should thank rather than blame.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The one is part of the other - and at least all members are elected rather than more than half being selected :)
Oh I'm so tempted to respond, but it's cold in Coventry this time of year 😉😉😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back