LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So

we’re going to the NEC on thursday, we’ll be there a max of 6 hours possibly less looking to spend (maybe) £225000 less PX
on an A Class

1. max 8mtrs

2. Not white (silver)

3. 2 berth (poss 4) so 4 belts

4. Island bed (poss singles)

5. double floor but don’t want to have to climb a staircase to get in/out

6. big garage for folding elec bikes, chairs,table but no high bed inside

7. Must be auto and poss Merc but not essential so Iveco or something else

8. enough roof room for 600w min solar

This will poss be our last motorhome so good build quality with no shitty dealer backup service would be nice

Dealer max 2 hours but pre preferred less from West Yorks, is their any good dealers out there ???

Can you think of anything else and i’m not a fan of the TV in the hab door entrance either

cheers
Al

PS. Val will not entertain rouffle leather so has to be nice n smooth

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Al&val have you thought of going to the factory ,take her home and speak to the service dept when ours was new we give up with the dealer and went to the factory they were amazing sorted everything instantly same with our Hymer previously they found things we didn’t know ere wrong 👍

I’ve tried that avenue Brian, a few months ago when I was loosing the will to live, I emailed Rapido in France to ask if I could arrange to visit them to have the then jobs done. After all if they haven’t got the parts then no one has.
I received an email after 3 weeks to say, not a chance, go to your dealer 😟

It’s just not what you want to hear from anyone, especially the manufacturers.

When we had the Autotrail Comanche they were just brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for them and only an hour away

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
It is a very smart looking van Al n Val
And from memory I think In said on your boiler thread you should get everything fixed and keep it as better the devil you know

You certainly did and it’s about time someone knocked some common sense into me.

Shall I slap myself hard 🤔🤣

Upvote 0

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I did glean one other piece of useful information at the show and that was that tag axle vans have extremely poor or non existent legal towing capability.
Not sure what you classify as poor towing capacity?

My Grand Alpa has 750kg unbraked and 1800kg braked.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Is the one your talking about have a door to the bedroom? I have not seen one, but would be interested to see, if not the kitchen is small and no stopping the odours entering the bedroom.
Mine does .

Large lounge too . Which seems unheard of in new vans

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
A few friends have a Hymers, they hate them, things keep falling off or breaking, their motorhomes have gone downhill since the American company took it over

Not just saying this but i’ve heard exactly the same, Hymers are not what they used to be quality wise apparently

I’d rather pay another 5000 quid for better quality fittings than have all the bloody hassle

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Yes that is a nice van, and if you bought that new, then you are laughing for having it this long, but I am thinking new, less than two years old
I only bought it 2 months ago, 20 years old but it's only had 2 former keepers and was parked in a barn the last 12 years so in above average condition for a van of its age.

Don't build em like this anymore

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
It’s a Rapido i1090 Distinction Tag

View attachment 967955
We had one of them but it was called a 10001 with a 3ltr engine great van had it 6 years before we updated to a Hymer ☹️ then moved on to Carthagos at the end of the day we’re all shitting in a box? Unless you can’t bear to let it go,then you keep it in a tank for a keepsake 🤣

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Is this a certain brand, as ours has upto 1600kg?
I think it was because using the full payload of the twin axle cut into the towing capability of the van. Several manufacturers representatives at the show mentioned this - maybe incorrect info?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
Reading this and other threads recently, are there ANY motorhome manufacturers who make new A-class or similar motorhomes that are of a decent quality these days? All I seem to be reading are lists of faults and problems from just about every manufacturer.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Is this a certain brand, as ours has upto 1600kg?
I think it was because using the full payload of the twin axle cut into the towing capability of the van. Several manufacturers representatives at the show mentioned this - maybe incorrect info?
Spoiled with mine. 1580kg payload and 3 tonne towing capacity 😁

Although I wouldn't like to take it up a hill with that

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Reading this and other threads recently, are there ANY motorhome manufacturers who make new A-class or similar motorhomes that are of a decent quality these days? All I seem to be reading are lists of faults and problems from just about every manufacturer.
The very high end brands will be screwed together a lot better but the most important thing is what happens when it does go wrong, and that is where it all goes terribly wrong with most manufacturers, the after sales is shocking.
Although I have heard that Volkner send out a team to deal with any possible problem you might encounter wherever you are in the world so look behind the sofa and get your performance S on order😎

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido
You probably only hear about the problem ones, all the fault free ones just go under the radar..

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Neither of those.

Ones too small the other too big
I bet that height permitting I get that in every single road you would go in the flair rear wheel steer makes a massive difference, people are way too hang up about length of a motorhome 👍

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are happy with our Morelo, has it be perfect ? hell no but I don't think any are, once you accept that and thankfully I can fix trivial stuff it's "happy days"

I should add that anything less than trivial (very few) have been fixed by the dealer without any complaints.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back