LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So

we’re going to the NEC on thursday, we’ll be there a max of 6 hours possibly less looking to spend (maybe) £225000 less PX
on an A Class

1. max 8mtrs

2. Not white (silver)

3. 2 berth (poss 4) so 4 belts

4. Island bed (poss singles)

5. double floor but don’t want to have to climb a staircase to get in/out

6. big garage for folding elec bikes, chairs,table but no high bed inside

7. Must be auto and poss Merc but not essential so Iveco or something else

8. enough roof room for 600w min solar

This will poss be our last motorhome so good build quality with no shitty dealer backup service would be nice

Dealer max 2 hours but pre preferred less from West Yorks, is their any good dealers out there ???

Can you think of anything else and i’m not a fan of the TV in the hab door entrance either

cheers
Al

PS. Val will not entertain rouffle leather so has to be nice n smooth

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I would pay £200k to keep away from that Vario you linked to 😉

I love varios but I have to say that particular one is fugly inside and out

We saw a Vario parked in Spain on the same site to us, it was on a lorry chassis quite old (or looked old) and did resemble one of the old council rural library buses, but as the owner said they park it on sites for 6 months in winter so only drive it twice a year.
You have to put into context, sure it’s dated, BUT how good/bad were the other motorhomes of that era, I think you will find most of them are on the borderline of scrap if not gone already, but quality will stand the test of time. Whether you would pay €98k for it or buy a newish swift kontiki is another matter. It’ll still be going when a lot of todays vans are long gone👍

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No but my £1Million would and I still wouldn’t buy one

They’re only special if you think they are, simple as that and unfortunately they aren’t in our opinion
I wouldn’t suggest they are special, they are different as every van is, there are bits of the build that most others don’t do like moving the dashboard up and forward and moving the pedals and seats outwards for a great driving position, loads of storage in the double floor and big tanks suits us but yes they charge dearly for a few differences, they are all still a box on wheels 😉

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I love varios but I have to say that particular one is fugly inside and out
That wasnt a serious suggestion :giggle: I could get serious about a pusher version though, this one is lovely and cheaper than a lot of Arto's :unsure:. Dammit this thread and talking to funflair last night has got me looking again, I thought I'd broken free :LOL::LOL:

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You have to put into context, sure it’s dated, BUT how good/bad were the other motorhomes of that era, I think you will find most of them are on the borderline of scrap if not gone already, but quality will stand the test of time. Whether you would pay €98k for it or buy a newish swift kontiki is another matter. It’ll still be going when a lot of todays vans are long gone👍
A bit like my old BSA Goldie lovely looking old bike and still running but crap to ride modern jap bikes are just so much better but probably won’t last 60 years🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

That wasnt a serious suggestion :giggle: I could get serious about a pusher version though, this one is lovely and cheaper than a lot of Arto's :unsure:. Dammit this thread and talking to funflair last night has got me looking again, I thought I'd broken free :LOL::LOL:

I’d have that if, a, I had the licence b, it had a gearstick, c, I had the money!!😁😁 I do love the MAN motorhomes! I wish I had bought that MAN Concorde 18 months ago now🤬🤬🤬🤬

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
they are all still a box on wheels 😉
Exactly I know we are having a bit banter on this thread and others about new/ old / expensive and cheap but alot of people buying a new or older motorhome firstly buy it cause they like it and construction, double floors, chassis etc are way down the list.
It's only us anoraks that think differently 😁

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95

Meh

I'm not getting that one either Jon if I'm honest

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Meh

I'd still much rather have the van I have than that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I wouldn’t suggest they are special, they are different as every van is, there are bits of the build that most others don’t do like moving the dashboard up and forward and moving the pedals and seats outwards for a great driving position, loads of storage in the double floor and big tanks suits us but yes they charge dearly for a few differences, they are all still a box on wheels 😉

I’d replied to Jon’s post Martin 😉

I wasnt meaning Morelo Martin because they are a bit special( and tbf the OPs £225k wouldnt buy one)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Saw a RC motorhome not RS the other day never seen them at a show only make 10 a year by an ex yacht builder so well finished knock spots of the posh German ones only seen coachbuilt in 9 metre.

Love both RC and RS… they are very nicely built Motorhomes! ✔️

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Going by the dash etc I thought it was on an actual merc vario chassis. In which case I'd expect it to be 3900cc or 4250cc
Yes you’re right I think the gearstick is on the floor so it won’t be 2.7cdi
It’s a quality van if it’s on the Vario 4.2 but not worth no where near that amount

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
I’ve waited to reply Dave to have a good think about what we saw

My opinion only but we didn’t see anything better than what we’ve already got, ok some might have been better quality but it they didn’t look as nice then what’s the point

To be fair our interior fittings and cabinets are very good, nice n bright and modern looking

The electrical/gas appliances work perfect, even the 3 way fridge works perfect, i’ve upgraded the electrical system massively as you know so that works perfect

Once I get the tv lift and decals replaced we’ll be good to go, we both have decided against a rear lounge so we’ll be hanging onto what we’ve got with VB air suspension on the back end
I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm glad we're all different. Back to the vans though. I had a look at some rear lounge vans and IMHO, they're all a bit gloomy and old fashioned. That's fine if you like that sort of thing. I don't. So good decision Al and Val. I'd rather share a bottle of 'the Gov'nor' in your present and very nicely appointed van 😁.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Once I get the tv lift and decals replaced we’ll be good to go, we both have decided against a rear lounge so we’ll be hanging onto what we’ve got with VB air suspension on the back end
Wouldn't want to tackle that again Al I think we both lost a stone at Drax 😂

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Wouldn't want to tackle that again Al I think we both lost a stone at Drax 😂

OMG it was like grafting in a sauna mate wasn’t it 🤣

I’m waiting for Rapido to authorise reimbursing me, i’ve tracked one down in Barnsley of all places which I can pick up monday, but at £500 I need to know i’ll get my money back first.

It shouldn’t bloody take this long to get parts sorted and that’s THE REASON why i’m not prepared to start the owning a brand new one and causing me brain strain again lol

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
True but the china cabinet ruins it for us, it’s so last century, and the dark floor, sorry not for us.

At the end of the day you either like it or not, Val def does not so they are a non starter for us, you see plenty on the road though so a lot must like them

The one on the Carthago stand standing right at the front had the front offside light bezel hanging off, the bathroom door handle came off in my hand so it didn’t instill me with a lot of confidence to buy one.

I’m always amazed how anyone can put something of demonstration which isn’t 110% perfect, first impressions are lasting ones in our book.
Hi Al
Well I have just come back from viewing a year old Carthago which are considering buying . Don’t get me wrong we actually liked the van …..But …..boy did it rattle ! Baring in mind it was totally empty it was the fixture and fitting that rattled . I even took the oven grills out to try to stop it . We don’t know what was rattling but it wasn’t one sing rattle , it was multiple . I have to be honest it’s taken the wind out of our sails ….. at the price they are we did not expect that . The small amount of noise we get from our existing van is bliss compared to what we have just driven . Shame …..we are in a quandary now .

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Al
Well I have just come back from viewing a year old Carthago which are considering buying . Don’t get me wrong we actually liked the van …..But …..boy did it rattle ! Baring in mind it was totally empty it was the fixture and fitting that rattled . I even took the oven grills out to try to stop it . We don’t know what was rattling but it wasn’t one sing rattle , it was multiple . I have to be honest it’s taken the wind out of our sails ….. at the price they are we did not expect that . The small amount of noise we get from our existing van is bliss compared to what we have just driven . Shame …..we are in a quandary now .
Ours is silent!

Until we move it 🤣🤣🤣

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
OMG it was like grafting in a sauna mate wasn’t it 🤣

I’m waiting for Rapido to authorise reimbursing me, i’ve tracked one down in Barnsley of all places which I can pick up monday, but at £500 I need to know i’ll get my money back first.

It shouldn’t bloody take this long to get parts sorted and that’s THE REASON why i’m not prepared to start the owning a brand new one and causing me brain strain again lol
You tight bugger it still leaves £224500 to spend🤣

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back