Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My wife won’t go to Germany as she says the food is horrible:rolleyes:

I have been a few times but not for many years.

I love German food ------ and wine ----- and beer. I find it a lot easier to read a German menu and have to chance of getting what I thought I'd ordered. Ordering food in France is always a nightmare for me.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I love German food ------ and wine ----- and beer. I find it a lot easier to read a German menu and have to chance of getting what I thought I'd ordered. Ordering food in France is always a nightmare for me.
... take your goggles off then ... :Eeek:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
During 16 years with an American company I lived for at least two years in each of Florence, Paris, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid and Cologne but it's green and pleasant England for me.........and from here I can be across the Channel in a couple of hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
tunisia is a good motorhome touring country. i first went in the 1980,s in a hotel. have been back twice in m,homes . only trouble is in winter its actually not that warm. in march april ok but dec ,jan , feb not really warm enough. mind going to morocco untill you get below essaouira it isnt that warm either.
best look at a good atlas and look at the lattitude levels .
once below agadir its lovely. even if right at the very end of tunisia your only level with agadir. but africa has alot to offer travellers.

Last edited:

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
I'm not well travelled, at all, but I do love France...

Last year, we visited Belgium and The Netherlands, for a month, and loved them both, but it's The Netherlands we really want to explore more. Need to learn a bit of the language, though. After so many years of getting by nicely in French, Dutch was a complete mystery to us.

Norway is beautiful, and we'd like to return in warmer weather- last time was end Jan/ early Feb, and it was very cold, unsurprisingly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
France.

But all of Europe is amazing.

And, I think most people on their own turf in Western Europe are very hospitable. Probably with the Spanish being the best hosts.

Despite voting France, Spanish med for me.

A very warm nation of people. Often spoilt by expatriates of other countries. An example being our neighbours from London who think they own the bloody town. Whilst our other neighbours are a total contrast.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
(1) Greece
(2) Portugal
(3) France
(4) Spain
(5) Italy

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
India and Greece-ever tried curried kebab

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
South Africa pity about corruption in all levels, if only it had decent democratic non racist leadership it could have the potential to be the power house of the Southern Hemisphere.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
In Europe it has to be Italy for us, best food and best wine.

Elsewhere, Fiji, the people are fantastic, Hawaii for the weather, (shame about the bloody yanks being there)
New Zealand for the scenery, riding a big bike out there is amazing.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I'd assumed that the topic was related to countries visited in a motorhome. If not so restricted, then I'd pick my homeland, South Africa.
Has it all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back