Your favourite Country (2 Viewers)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
No 1 used to be Germany , but its changed so much so now No 2 after Tasmania :)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Only if your white. Seeing how the locals live in some areas is an eye opener. Certainly the lifestyle of the majority of South Africans is not one to be sought after.

It’s making slow progress but is a deeply troubled nation.

I’m well aware of the people’s troubles, and that the have nots, really have nothing. I’ve seen the informal settlements, have driven through the middle of the cape flats.....but some are doing well. Take our lovely Buleylawa. She worked as a maid in the guest house we stayed in the very first time we went to Cape Town. We got to know her and her Mum and brother very well. When we bought our house out there we asked her to be our house keeper. Whilst with us she put herself through secretarial college. Had a wonderful time at her graduation. We were the only whites there and made so welcome. After that she went on a hotel management course. We gave her driving lessons for her birthday and Christmas and after she passed her test with our help she bought a car. A little Ford Anglia. The course she was on turned out to be rubbish so she left. All this time she was still our house keeper, but that was soon to change. She took a friend to look into joining the police force and she took the test as well. They offered B the job because she could drive. Her family were scared for her so she asked Steve’s advice. She took the job. She always wanted to be more than just a maid like her Mum. She’s now a Sargeant. Still studying. She’s overcome the death of her mother in a bus accident. The suicide of her brother who hung himself in her kitchen whilst she was in hospital after losing her baby because the hospital overlooked her high blood pressure. And kidney failure and dialysis and a transplant. She’s bought her own two bedroom House in a complex in Muisenberg getting herself out of a township where they would bang on her door day and night asking her to mediate in quarrels. We love her like our own daughter and are so proud of her. She is amazing. Yes, we helped and encouraged and supported her, but it’s been her work, her guts and determination that have got her where she is today. Can’t wait to go and see her again and all our other friends too. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
England ... to live that is. For holidays Spain and France are currently neck and neck.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Haven’t been to Italy for a very long time, but really liked it when I did. Of more recent experiences, France is still my favourite.

I have to say that we are enjoying Spain and Portugal a lot more this year than we did last year, for some reason.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What a question.

The answer is "no single country".

We have three countries we need: Germany, Italy and Spain in alphabetical order.

For years we went to Spain for some sun, saying we didn't actually like it. But over time we have begun to appreciate the huge spread of experiences on offer there.

Germany and Italy I'll rate equal. They both are visually stunning in there own way, they both provide food and drink to make life worth living.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
FRANCE just to annoy that Chrissie fellow but we do really love it down here in the Limousin now revered to as Neuvel Aquitaine

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
When I was in Germany I said to a German lady at a campsite that they must still kill their disabled at birth as to the lack of facilities for the disabled in the region...:eek:

She just shrugged her shoulders...:whistle:

Im sure some of our European neighbours will be glad when B happens so they can start to build a wall.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The same as your closely kept secret passion @Chris ..........

France!:france:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
New Zealand but still a lot of the world to see so might change my mind. (y)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Greece Italy or USA need to see more of all of them but would like to go everywhere but dont really like long haul flying.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
gambia, but add senegal to that as gambia is surounded by senegal. north and south senegal are quite a bit different really but gambia is fantastic . great motor home country.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Siberia Bill?

You would need ropes to get me there.
I loved the place and the people sum of the nicest folks I have ever worked with the grand son of the inventor of Kalashnikov's Automatic Rifle was my translator he was a fully qualified doctor.
but at that time could make more money translating English $25 usd a day this is when there oil industry was still in the 1950s back in 2001 I worked there for 3 years working six month's on one month off
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back