Working at height on the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
All I get is an Amazon advert, are they good for cleaning the roof? 😆
😉 bloomin ‘puters

1694072033079.png

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Same here,just use part of our house ladders with a protective foam pad between the MH and ladder and a telescopic brush.and just move it around the MH to suit. I don't need to go on the roof at all. (y)
Similar to this. Except I use my Crocs over the end of the ladder where it abuts the van. A tip I saw in Denia one winter. And at last a positive use for Crocs. Can’t stand them despite having two pairs. 🙂

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Similar to this. Except I use my Crocs over the end of the ladder where it abuts the van. A tip I saw in Denia one winter. And at last a positive use for Crocs. Can’t stand them despite having two pairs. 🙂
I have the open toe flip flop crocs - they’d just slip down the ladder. :whistle2: :wink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
I have just ordered one of the slip stops for my collapsible ladder 95 quid including postage.I ordered the one with a push off with two suction cups and a strap to hold you on the ladder.Will report back if any good.

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Be very careful with Telescopic ladders they can collapse even when a steps are in LOCKED position ,,, happened to me at work a few years ago , i broke 6 ribs ,,

The Health and safety investigation said the all tabs on steps was indicating LOCKED but the ladder a new American made one which we had been using for 2 weeks still telescoped shut with me 3m in the air . H&S executive want telescopic ladders banned in UK as they are considered a major hazard and are the cause of many falls from height due to malfunction , many places where I worked will not allow them .

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Used to have an external metal fire escape where I worked. The first balcony on it was the perfect height for doing the roof and perfectly safe. Probably broke all the H&S rules but I only did it at weekends when the building was closed. Unbelievably there was also a tap close by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back