What do you do with your used tea bags?? (2 Viewers)

El-Nido

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
They go into our compost or wormery, although the 'bags' can be up to 30% plastic - not liked by the worms! So because of that we've just moved to loose tea and a tea infuser.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
They go into our compost or wormery, although the 'bags' can be up to 30% plastic - not liked by the worms! So because of that we've just moved to loose tea and a tea infuser.
There's also bleach in the paper, we now buy Clipper teabags which have no bleach for convenience when not using our infusers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Teabags - ugh :shake:, spawn of the devil.
Use proper loose leaf tea & infuser.

Teabags are filled with fannings or dust [which literally can be swept off the floor :(]

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I use them to soothe eyes and put dried out ones in toes of smelly shoes/trainers to get rid of smell, apparently it absorbs odours!
Does it work???

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I know somebody that hangs em out to dry and uses them for guests , no names mentioned :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:reel:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My Mum uses hers at least twice as she has her tea so weak her teabags hardly get wet! :D

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
This thread reminded me of ad seen on Campervan related site recently for spray tea to save on throwing bag away!!!! http://nomoreteabags.com/
OK so being a fully-paid-up member of the NMC I looked that up, initially worried about the can but looking at their 'environment' statement that seems OK-ish. At £4 for Breakfast tea, £5 for Earl Grey or Jasmine, they assume 20 cups per can. But loose leaf tea HAS to win hands-down surely? (aeons ago I used to buy granulated tea, it was foul; anybody know if it's improved at all???)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OK so being a fully-paid-up member of the NMC I looked that up, initially worried about the can but looking at their 'environment' statement that seems OK-ish. At £4 for Breakfast tea, £5 for Earl Grey or Jasmine, they assume 20 cups per can. But loose leaf tea HAS to win hands-down surely? (aeons ago I used to buy granulated tea, it was foul; anybody know if it's improved at all???)
It was awful ... never tasted like tea but that was probably because it already had milk power in so you couldn't adjust it to taste. According to google there are others who make the 'liquid tea' but not sure if it's available in the UK.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Compost, they certainly compost very well so I'm assuming the plastic content must be negligable.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
We put them in the window sill to dry and then remove the paper before putting them into compost.

One day a visitor spotted them and asked what they were. “They’re Tea bags,” came the reply. “I can see that,” she replied, “so what are you doing with them?”

A wicked sense of humour forced me to explain that, after they had dried you can use them again.

“Can you?” she asked , incredulously. “Oh yes, and we save pounds,” came the reply.

I carefully explained how you have to double them up the first time, then double them again on the second… Eventually the pot becomes too full of bags, and that’s when it’s time to discard them. The reason they are lined up is because we need to know which ones have been more than once.

“Now, would you like a cuppa?”

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Agree loose leaf tea wins hands down but I can see some people not wanting to deal with used loose leaf tea, disposing in m'home. Like real coffee dregs have to be careful not down sink etc etc. We use infusers and cafetière mugs in van.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Teabagging..... well we learn something everyday..

verb (used with object), tea-bagged, tea-bagging. Slang. 1. to place one's scrotum in the mouth of (one's sexual partner). ... from its resemblance to dipping a tea bag in a cup of hot water.

:):)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Granulated tea ? A must when out and about working,the milk was mixed in,so did not go off in a hot cab,and the best bit,you could always manage to get a flask full of hot water at most firms,so it saved on the gas cartridges.
True,it did take a bit of getting used to,but it was not bad,then something happened Typhoo? Changed the mix... NO amount of "Getting used to" worked,so it got off hired.
"Tea Bag ?"(y)(y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
4 tablespoons of camp coffee, 1 tin of condensed milk, 1 tin of evaporated milk, 1/4 bottle of scotch. Stir. Pour over ice.= Perfect Baileys.
Oooohhh.... Mind if I steal that recipe for the Morning Funsters thread??? ;)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Oooohhh.... Mind if I steal that recipe for the Morning Funsters thread??? ;)
Yes I do mind !!!!!!

It takes about 2 minutes to make. can I suggest buying 4 tins of each, one of the camp coffee and cheapest lidls 40% scotch. (You now have 4 bottles)
do the creams and scotch first then add the coffee and lick spoon to taste. for my personal taste I normally add another 1/2 or 1 tablespoon of the coffee.

It is imperative not to get it right first time in order that it makes you look like a connoisseur and know what youre doing. It also salivates the palate of others

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back