Water woes! (1 Viewer)

May 18, 2019
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
35yrs
Over the period of all that rain I didn’t really have a chance to walk over the sodden lawn and check out the camper.
Once the rain had stopped I was checking in case a small furry object had taken a fancy to a dry night’s sleep… glancing at the n/s window (Talisman ‘04) there appeared to be another horizon, there was almost 2 inches of water in the window! So after a slight panic I drilled a small hole to release the cascade and allowed it to drain. Thankfully there was no internal evidence of water ingress. Checking the window I found a small crack twixt pusher (what a stupid fixture designed to exert pressure on the joint when the seal is stuck!) and window edge which flowed down the outer moulding and in via what I would assume to be capillary action. I now have a dirtyish corner and a mass of condensation to get rid of. Removed the small bungs which are on the halfway line for some unknown reason, and after an hours tapping have shifted a lot of the condensation in big droplets via the drilling. Cured the crack so it won’t refill if the weather breaks! Advice needed regarding the remaining condensation… and grubby marks.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Over the period of all that rain I didn’t really have a chance to walk over the sodden lawn and check out the camper.
Once the rain had stopped I was checking in case a small furry object had taken a fancy to a dry night’s sleep… glancing at the n/s window (Talisman ‘04) there appeared to be another horizon, there was almost 2 inches of water in the window! So after a slight panic I drilled a small hole to release the cascade and allowed it to drain. Thankfully there was no internal evidence of water ingress. Checking the window I found a small crack twixt pusher (what a stupid fixture designed to exert pressure on the joint when the seal is stuck!) and window edge which flowed down the outer moulding and in via what I would assume to be capillary action. I now have a dirtyish corner and a mass of condensation to get rid of. Removed the small bungs which are on the halfway line for some unknown reason, and after an hours tapping have shifted a lot of the condensation in big droplets via the drilling. Cured the crack so it won’t refill if the weather breaks! Advice needed regarding the remaining condensation… and grubby marks.
You're talking about inside the supposedly sealed double glazing unit? (That's got small holes in it.)

Holes in top and bottom to allow (slow) movement of air?

Don't know but I'd try a long holiday in a hot dry place.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back