Water Filler Cap with Hose Connector (1 Viewer)

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
They are not tight enough to pressurise the tank. They are a loose fit, so water will just escape around the cap, as well as the overflow.
Thank you for the infos guys.
But I'm puzzled now because on my 'van if I don't push the hose in quite far half the water comes straight back out anyway. So I guess I need one with a long spouty thing on the inside...
Maybe I'll try one of these, tenner isn't too serious. 🙂

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
So do those various devices have a built-in overflow release or something so when the tank is full the pressure of water is released back out instead of bursting something inside the 'van?

I like the sound of cheap but not as much as I like the idea of not having to stand holding the pipe while filling, given that I've so far not at all found any other pip-holding mechanism to be effective.
Two overflow holes.
IMG_3642.jpeg

Pukka

Free Member
Apr 3, 2021
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor
Exp
Since 2019
This is not my design I found it online and then added the hozelock adaptor. I have only just started playing about with 3D printer. attached is the STL file I am sure someone can make a better version!

1710316495526.png

1710316522159.png

Attachments

• Water adaptor.zip
    350.9 KB · Views: 17
Sep 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of water filler cap I need to connect to our HYMER?

Here is an image of the water locking cap. I can't seem to find anything that looks similar.

View attachment 533062View attachment 533062
I use one of these and they work a treat. Come in two different sizes. My motorhome is a Benimar so don't know what fitting you need for a Homer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
My home made water pump refill kit using a 25 litre Jerry Can had its first run last week. Hose long enough to stay in the tank when delivering the water, worked perfectly. Switched off the 12v supply using the inline switch when the Jerry Can was almost empty, and wandered smugly back to the mains tap with the 5 litre top up container. Got back to the m/h 5 minutes later to find the hose still sitting securely inside the tank, bored out of its skull, waiting for action. It had relieved its boredom by syphoning out most the 20+ litres I had just put into the main tank ... 'Take 2' ... :LOL:

I have so many 'Wally of the Week' Awards, I've stopped entering the competition now ... ;)

Steve
Use the same system myself with the onset of time, makes it a lot easier, I'm glad to know you can drain as well, thanks Steve 😊

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
Maybe I'm just an incredibly tight fisted Scotsman (wife has an opinion on that at times), but I opted for this...

IMG_20240315_093953411.jpg

Section of hose cut from the blue water hook up kit we had for our caravan prior to buying the motorhome. Cost of an extra hoselock adapter and a straight through connector. Stick it down the filler tube in the motorhome, connect up the hose (the rest of the old caravan hose), turn on the water. It's never come out when filling, and the valve in the connector allows you to stop the flow at the van if it starts overflowing and the tap is a distance away.

Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Only a year
Maybe I'm just an incredibly tight fisted Scotsman (wife has an opinion on that at times), but I opted for this...

View attachment 875572

Section of hose cut from the blue water hook up kit we had for our caravan prior to buying the motorhome. Cost of an extra hoselock adapter and a straight through connector. Stick it down the filler tube in the motorhome, connect up the hose (the rest of the old caravan hose), turn on the water. It's never come out when filling, and the valve in the connector allows you to stop the flow at the van if it starts overflowing and the tap is a distance away.
That seems to be a good idea.
I have extra hose, will investigate a valve in suitable size.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I am totally confused by the need for any connector.,

If I want to fill any tank, container, bottle etc. I expect it to have a hole, preferably in the top :LOL:.

I can then stick in a hosepipe and run water through it.

Who has been trying to re-invent the wheel?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Many don’t want to stick a potentially dirty hose in their water tank, and don’t want to stand there whilst it’s filling. It is easy to unscrew cap, fit filling cap connect hose and walk away

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I am totally confused by the need for any connector.,

If I want to fill any tank, container, bottle etc. I expect it to have a hole, preferably in the top :LOL:.

I can then stick in a hosepipe and run water through it.

Who has been trying to re-invent the wheel?

Does the hose always stay in ?

I'm sure i'm not the only one that has had wet shoes because a hose came out of the much larger hole...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back