Water Filler Cap with Hose Connector (1 Viewer)

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of water filler cap I need to connect to our HYMER?

Here is an image of the water locking cap. I can't seem to find anything that looks similar.

1630749589171.jpeg
1630749589171.jpeg

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
If you mean a water filler cap where you can connect a hose to the male connector adjoining the cap with the cap screwed into the filling hole? I would try a HEO solution Motorhome water filler cap.
They come with a couple of internal plastic ring washers that you affix to the cap which depend on the filler inlet diameter.

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Thanks for the replies.

I will have a look at the options and go from there👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I use one of these:

Made in Italy. Attaches to most inlets. Accepts 1/2 inch hose. Self ventilating. Basically, it's just a way of holding a standard hose in position. I just use a short length of standard hose, say 600mm, and then connect to a flat cassette type hose.

Deleted User
You’ll realise its just as easy to pop a standard hose adjustable nozzle head into the inlet pipe and turn on. it sits there quite comfortably and has never popped out in my experience.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
My home made water pump refill kit using a 25 litre Jerry Can had its first run last week. Hose long enough to stay in the tank when delivering the water, worked perfectly. Switched off the 12v supply using the inline switch when the Jerry Can was almost empty, and wandered smugly back to the mains tap with the 5 litre top up container. Got back to the m/h 5 minutes later to find the hose still sitting securely inside the tank, bored out of its skull, waiting for action. It had relieved its boredom by syphoning out most the 20+ litres I had just put into the main tank ... 'Take 2' ... :LOL:

I have so many 'Wally of the Week' Awards, I've stopped entering the competition now ... ;)

Steve

OP
OP
CutThroatJake

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Thanks for all the replies so far, I really appreciate them.

After a bit more digging around I have discovered that my water tank cap is manufactured by a company called FAP.

I have done an online search and can’t find anything that looks the same but did find this picture that has the dimensions.

28AAC933-EE6A-44F0-9603-4214D5BF4ECF.jpeg

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

After a bit more digging around I have discovered that my water tank cap is manufactured by a company called FAP.

I have done an online search and can’t find anything that looks the same but did find this picture that has the dimensions.

View attachment 533404
Sorry, yes, that is different to mine and the one I linked to in Classifieds.
In your post I saw something like the three lugs mine has, but I realise now that those are holes on yours :doh:
The Funster that made the water filler connector has a 3d printer and may have a master for your requirements. 🤞

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp

View attachment 533404
Hi CutThroatJake
I haven’t designed one for the 2 lug FAT fillers. If you are at the
Lincoln show, I can measure you vans filler hole and make one for you.

PaulandChrissy.

Aug 29, 2018
County Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600
Exp
Only a year
Hi
I know this is an old thread but I have exact same issue and would like a cap to hold hose in place.
Tried the nozzle idea and it blows out with any sort of pressure on filling hose.
Thanks

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi
I know this is an old thread but I have exact same issue and would like a cap to hold hose in place.
Tried the nozzle idea and it blows out with any sort of pressure on filling hose.
Thanks
Have you got a picture of your water filler hole and cap.
Cheers PaulandChrissy

Reactions: f6c
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Hi
Thanks
This might be useful;

It looks like the HEOS cap will fit all tanks with a 67-77mm opening. I bought one for my Hymer, it went straight on, and then I have transferred it to my new van. The box contains a couple of adapter rings for smaller openings.

A really useful bit of kit I think.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
When using a hosepipe i just use a spray nozzle hanging in the filler hole (spray internal removed).
I use a lightweight expandable hose and find the water cap hose connector very useful. Over the years I have bought many bits of kit that are rarely used but purchasing this simple lock on connector for the hose is one I use regularly and was well worth the money.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I use a lightweight expandable hose and find the water cap hose connector very useful. Over the years I have bought many bits of kit that are rarely used but purchasing this simple lock on connector for the hose is one I use regularly and was well worth the money.
So often you buy stuff that maybe get used once then thats it. When i was young I had a rule if I needed a special tool (eg for car or bike) first time hire it, second time buy it. Worked surprisingly well. The hose connector i use was "free" came in a multi pack including hose ends, the pack being cheaper than 2 ends.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
This might be useful;

HEOSwater connector ® tank cap for all filler plugs with 3 points bayonet lock - HEOSolution - Caravan Security Tech & Accessory
It looks like the HEOS cap will fit all tanks with a 67-77mm opening. I bought one for my Hymer, it went straight on, and then I have transferred it to my new van. The box contains a couple of adapter rings for smaller openings.

A really useful bit of kit I think.
That is a 3-point bayonet lock, the OP has a cap with a 2-point bayonet lock. The 3-point type doesn't fit. Heos used to do a 2-point type, I bought one some years ago, but looking at their website it looks like they don't do that type any more.

You're right about it being useful. I use mine with a 12V pump and two 10-litre containers. Very easy, and often more convenient than driving over to the water tap.

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
That is a 3-point bayonet lock, the OP has a cap with a 2-point bayonet lock. The 3-point type doesn't fit. Heos used to do a 2-point type, I bought one some years ago, but looking at their website it looks like they don't do that type any more
You are of course correct - I missed that subtle difference! Oops....:oops:

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
So do those various devices have a built-in overflow release or something so when the tank is full the pressure of water is released back out instead of bursting something inside the 'van?

I like the sound of cheap but not as much as I like the idea of not having to stand holding the pipe while filling, given that I've so far not at all found any other pip-holding mechanism to be effective.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
So do those various devices have a built-in overflow release or something so when the tank is full the pressure of water is released back out instead of bursting something inside the 'van?

I like the sound of cheap but not as much as I like the idea of not having to stand holding the pipe while filling, given that I've so far not at all found any other pip-holding mechanism to be effective.
No overflow release on my cap but the tank has an overflow and I turn the tap off when the water flows out under the motorhome.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

They are not tight enough to pressurise the tank. They are a loose fit, so water will just escape around the cap, as well as the overflow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back