Waste/fresh water outlets (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Hi. The plastic open/close levers have broken. Suggestions please on how to replace them. Also, would metal taps be better? Thanks

OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
20240506_210236.jpg

You could replace with an electric valve.
Hi could you please elaborate. Thanks .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
I have literally just fitted the ball valve below, today. Adria Twins have an fairly grim cable operated system that is liable to break, leaving the valve either stuck open, or worse closed. The only thing I'll now need to do is to insulate the main pipe as it could freeze in the winter. This is a basic 40mm waste pipe. Link to Amazon below.
IMG_0131.jpeg
IMG_0132.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I have literally just fitted the ball valve below, today. Adria Twins have an fairly grim cable operated system that is liable to break, leaving the valve either stuck open, or worse closed. The only thing I'll now need to do is to insulate the main pipe as it could freeze in the winter. This is a basic 40mm waste pipe. Link to Amazon below.
View attachment 894421View attachment 894423
Great pictures. We'll have a look at this. Thank you

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have ones similar and I know lots of owners have replaced with this type from screwfix. I keep trying to ask hubby to change our stiff plastic ones but get the answer “if it’s not broken don’t fix it”

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Great pictures. We'll have a look at this. Thank you
Just done exactly as you did, 40mm parts not always easy to find but very happy with new fittings now. I hit something that bent all the asociated brackets for the cable operated drain which was in the garage and hard to see where it emptied out. Now have big ball drain tap, a bit stiff but a real improvement on my Adria

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
We have ones similar and I know lots of owners have replaced with this type from screwfix. I keep trying to ask hubby to change our stiff plastic ones but get the answer “if it’s not broken don’t fix it”
Thanks. That's what we've been looking at 😊

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Personally I wouldn't go to the expense and bother of running an electrical supply to waste taps. Isn't it easy enough to just turn the taps by hand?
Until you've had one you don't know. Our dethleffs has one so just drive over press button and water pops out, no trying to turn handles that have siezed up or scrabbling underneath. New van doesn't have one but I may look to retro fit.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
Until you've had one you don't know. Our dethleffs has one so just drive over press button and water pops out, no trying to turn handles that have siezed up or scrabbling underneath. New van doesn't have one but I may look to retro fit.
I normally have to jump out to check the tap is over the drain grille but I guess you could also fit a camera by the tap to do that for you?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Personally I wouldn't go to the expense and bother of running an electrical supply to waste taps. Isn't it easy enough to just turn the taps by hand?
My husband says he's dangerous with a pencil, so electrics out of the question 😂We will replace with something similar to what we have but trying to go better than plastic.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Same with me they make life so much easier.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I normally have to jump out to check the tap is over the drain grille but I guess you could also fit a camera by the tap to do that for you?
On our dethleffs the pipe is just behind drivers side rear wheel so I'm pretty good at judging it especially if the drain is in a dip. New van looks a bit trickier but will see next week when I get it.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I chose a 40mm ball valve in pvc as my existing system is 40mm. The pipe work I glued with solvent adhesive but I chose a double connecting valve that could be cleaned or removed if necessary. Although I only needed very little replacement pipe, it was noticably more expensive than the basic domestic pipes. On clear difficulty is 40mm; there seems to be a range of pipes calling itself 40mm as I discovered at Whickes whos 40mm did not fit my 40mm bits.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I chose a 40mm ball valve in pvc as my existing system is 40mm. The pipe work I glued with solvent adhesive but I chose a double connecting valve that could be cleaned or removed if necessary. Although I only needed very little replacement pipe, it was noticably more expensive than the basic domestic pipes. On clear difficulty is 40mm; there seems to be a range of pipes calling itself 40mm as I discovered at Whickes whos 40mm did not fit my 40mm bits.
Many thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back