Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
As an operating system with a lower set of requirements than apple & Microsoft you can boot & run Linux from a USB stick.
There’ll be several online resources describing how. Here’s one: https://www.pendrivelinux.com/

Also, you can have one system (desktop or laptop) be setup to dual boot to different operating systems. 🤪 There’ll be several online resources describing how. Here’s one https://www.groovypost.com/howto/dual-boot-windows-10-linux/

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Agreed, but for what I do everything is on my phone and the best bit is, it's always right there in my pocket, no need to go sitting at a computer downloading stuff and messing about, I can do all my stuff at the bottom of the field, in the motor (subject to stopping)
Anywhere.
Indeed but it’s not a computer and has a tiny screen. From a consumption of content they can be great I hook my phone to a Mini projector 📽 and a small speaker and watch films 🍿. Great for paying for parking a bit if news etc. I can download papers I can make notes. But a Computer comes In To it’s own when creating content. I am not knocking tablets and phones but there is a world of difference between the two.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Agreed, but for what I do everything is on my phone and the best bit is, it's always right there in my pocket, no need to go sitting at a computer downloading stuff and messing about, I can do all my stuff at the bottom of the field, in the motor (subject to stopping)
Anywhere.
The big difference is use case. For consumption of media and very basic tasks (calendar, occasional email etc) then a phone is adequate.

For creation of content, editing documents, spreadsheets, picture editing, creating blog posts etc etc. Then a laptop with a proper keyboard and screen is a bare minimum. Basically if you a spending more than a few minutes entering data then a phone just doesn't do it.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The big difference is use case. For consumption of media and very basic tasks (calendar, occasional email etc) then a phone is adequate.

For creation of content, editing documents, spreadsheets, picture editing, creating blog posts etc etc. Then a laptop with a proper keyboard and screen is a bare minimum. Basically if you a spending more than a few minutes entering data then a phone just doesn't do it.
That's it explained for me
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back