UK sites that allow waste disposal without staying? (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
I see a few people have made lists on various things, was wondering if anyone had a list of sites in the UK with grey & black waste facilities that let you dump and run (ie not staying there)? For a fee, of course.

I'm laboriously clicking on and contacting places, but all so far have said no and it's taking ages.

I'll start a list if no one else has, but any known sites to give me a leg up would be gratefully received, even if they're no use to me for this weekend.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Nice to see a few Fylde council carparks allowing MH overnight stops. Not cheap for little if no facilities, but still.

Just out of curiosity - what can you put into a sluice? Sounds like grey & black to me, but just to be sure ...
yes both of those but you would have to decant the grey as the sluice is in a toilet block.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The camping and caravan club have some sites with this facility but think you need to be a member.

Louth, lincs now have facilities at the livestock market. Plus overnight stays, details on SFS.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Nice to see a few Fylde council carparks allowing MH overnight stops. Not cheap for little if no facilities, but still.
I have been using that Fylde coast for over 10 years and true the prices have gradually gone up (was Ā£5 ) but also has the number of car parks that can be used has increased , the facilities are only on the one car park ,not sure about water as i have never needed to top up as i only stay 2-3 days but there is a new water bottle filling facility in the North beach car park . For C&C club members they have a couple good good holiday sites in St Annes and one near Blackpool airport but as everything else the prices are creeping up.

Upvote 0

FEC

Apr 23, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
6 months into the adventure
This is a good thread and as someone in the early days of MHing it would be REALLY helpful to have a list like this. We visit my elderly parents in the MH in the school holidays who live in a rural area. It is easy to plug into the electric in their garage, get water from the outside tap etc and they have plenty of space for the MH in their driveway -my mum and dad get to see their grandson on site while we no longer have to pay over Ā£1K for air b&bs for the week's visit (they are too elderly to stay with in the house as my Dad has dementia and it would be too difficult for him to suddenly have the 3 of us in the house). But what hadn't occurred to me before we did this was that the toilet would be full in 2-3 days (even when not using it exclusively) and even though we have switched to an eco-friendly 'toilet pod', instead of that horrible blue stuff, getting rid of it can be a problem. We don't mind at all paying for the service (we would expect to do so) and we have stayed in campsites overnight just to use the black/grey water facilities before going back to my parent's house. But in the winter most sites are closed. One thing that might help develop this list is that yacht marinas will have similar facilities to campsites, and some will allow you to pay to empty the waste cassette, some of them are mini-Aires and allow MHs to stay overnight with EHU etc. Those might be worth checking too? Apologies obviously if you are are doing that already. But regular wild campers might have a lot of answers/solutions because they will have faced this problem regularly? I will keep my eye on the list and hope it develops. :thanks3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks to you both for that - for whatever reason (though probably the most obvious) I couldn't find that.

Good to know there's a few about (just none near where I'm going to be this weekend - hey ho).

There are a few small camp sites with waste facilities near where I'm going to be, so I'm going to call them today and see what they say. Maybe a smaller site would appreciate some extra money. Or maybe they won't want the extra waste to deal with for only a few quid.

That is what we used to do when touring UK.

I can remember the following results, at private campsites, all welcoming.

1. Charged Ā£3.50
2. Put what you like in the charity box - think I left Ā£3
3. No charge - girls at reception got some Belgian chocolates.

Not all owners are 'Grasping'. Clubs please note!

Upvote 0
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
You could always lift a manhole cover at the house and dispose of it in there. That's what I do at home. Just check it's the foul pipe first by lifting the lid and flushing a toilet.
You could do that anywhere just check residents are out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
daventess
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
You could always lift a manhole cover at the house and dispose of it in there. That's what I do at home. Just check it's the foul pipe first by lifting the lid and flushing a toilet.
Not sure that would promote motorhomers in a good light away from home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Glencoe Mountain Village allowed us to empty Black Waste and fill up with fresh water for free about 4 years ago, just asked in the cafe.

Cheers
Red.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2020
Dunfermline, Fife
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
Thurston Manor Leasure Park, just off the A1 a few miles South Dunbar. Allows Black & Grey disposal. No charge but they sometimes have a charity box on the counter.

Have used several times when heading home. Very helpful.

All details on SearchFor Sites

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I've come across local councils here in France with a facility tacked on to the end of the public convenience block. If UK councils had any nous, they could fit them at little cost in appropriate car parks.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've come across local councils here in France with a facility tacked on to the end of the public convenience block. If UK councils had any nous, they could fit them at little cost in appropriate car parks.
Difference is they encouraged Motorhomes local Mayor often gets involved. One village in France the Mayor got stuck in helping to Install the Bourn.

In the UK they would have to have loads of meeting and risk assessment spending 10 times what a Bourn would cost to install just to say they can't afford it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
daventess
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Much easier with a wheelie shopping bag - guess how I know. šŸ¤£

I don't have a problem doing this - except I do. And it's I don't want to sneak this stuff in. I want to do it responsibly. I'm prepared to pay, and I want to do it within the rules and framework.

Except there is no framework, so if I want to travel a bit without using sites, then I have to do what you suggest.

And I find that a little disheartening.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back