Truma Combi D6E Woes (1 Viewer)

Apr 16, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
After getting an E122 error on fuel setting, I’m now getting E120, E130 and E140 errors.

The manual does not tell me what those errors are for a Combi D 6E.

Can anyone in the know advise?

Many thanks

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
have you enough Diesel in your tank or enough voltage in your batteries
IMG_0145.png

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
“Ensure 12V power supply under load at appliance” might be a good place to start.

One big difference between the diesel and gas combi boilers is the diesel one takes a lot more from the 12V supply to get it fired up. This is because it has a glow plug that needs to get very hot before the boiler fires and the glow plug takes several amps. Once fired up the glow plug turns off.

If the 12V battery is not well charged the voltage might drop during the firing up phase and give rise to the fault codes. I don’t have any personal experience of the D version (yet) but it seems to me like it would be worth checking the voltage whilst the boiler is trying to fire up.

OP
OP
W
Apr 16, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
Thanks all

I’ve been in touch with a Truma Service Centre in Spain (who will not be able to attempt to service the boiler as they are on holiday/fully booked). But they did give me some pointers. I have had a little success on getting the fuel setting to work.

The E122H error - I needed to fill the tank (done) and prime the fuel pipe to the boiler (not done). But the E122H error seems to have gone away to be replaced by E120, E130 or E140 errors.

E120/130/140 errors - The boiler operates ok on electric - these errors don’t appear. But they are appearing when trying to start the boiler on fuel when hooked up to EHU or not. As Pausim says, it’s probably due to a power issue - although I have also tried running the engine at the same time as starting up the boiler. But maybe a power issue in combination with coke’d-up/worn out glow plug/faulty diesel pump.

Truma are pretty useless when it comes to codes. Can’t find them anywhere.

So it’s campsites for us until I can find a Service Centre.

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Broken Link Removed

Why not give Truma Uk at Derby a call, they are open today and very helpful, link above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W
Apr 16, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
Hiya. Yep, I spoke to them and they said with any one of those errors it requires a service centre.

But there was no need for a regular service interval.

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
If you have good access to the boiler ,when there is a fault there is a Red led light inside the wiring area that flashes a sequence that gives u an additional fault code that can also be checked , I had this code in October and it was my metering pump that had failed but I never had any of the E120/130/140 codes

link for blink codes-https://www.dometicrvcentre.com.au/documentmanager/item/134

OP
OP
W
Apr 16, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting all electrical connections to the boiler. Many of them ‘felt’ corroded. Worked fine after that. No more E120,130 or 140 errors.

I’ll need to spay the connections with appropriate stuff when I get back.

May 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
sprinter self build
If you have good access to the boiler ,when there is a fault there is a Red led light inside the wiring area that flashes a sequence that gives u an additional fault code that can also be checked , I had this code in October and it was my metering pump that had failed but I never had any of the E120/130/140 codes

link for blink codes-https://www.dometicrvcentre.com.au/documentmanager/item/134
which is the metering pump? is this the deisel small pump that feeds the boiler?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
sprinter self build
“Ensure 12V power supply under load at appliance” might be a good place to start.

One big difference between the diesel and gas combi boilers is the diesel one takes a lot more from the 12V supply to get it fired up. This is because it has a glow plug that needs to get very hot before the boiler fires and the glow plug takes several amps. Once fired up the glow plug turns off.

If the 12V battery is not well charged the voltage might drop during the firing up phase and give rise to the fault codes. I don’t have any personal experience of the D version (yet) but it seems to me like it would be worth checking the voltage whilst the boiler is trying to fire up.Thank you for tis information, im having teh same error code. 122, both when on diesel or electric (plugged into the land supply). I am also getting a 164 code when on electric and plugged into the land supply.

if I check teh voltage on the 12v board where the cables connect, whilst on start up, what should be teh minimum teh voltage should drop to?

many thanks

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
which is the metering pump? is this the deisel small pump that feeds the boiler?
Yes
regarding system locking , this happened I think to my unit and it stopped working on electric as well , I switched off all power to unit and removed all connections and left it for an hour or so then reconnected and it started working on electric again and after I changed the metering pump it worked on diesel again
It is worth video recording the red flash sequence at the PCB board and looking up the sequence fault code before doing any thing first

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back