May

Rally Thorpe le Soken - Rally 27th May - 2nd June - 6 nights (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we would both be up for a curry night aswell - poss wednesday evening ..... so, thats four of us LOL

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Curry for us please , weds woukd be fab!

Id advise you to check if the restaurant are happy to do separate bills even though its a group booking, it was a nightmare one year on the morning meet for the funster who offered to work out all the individual amounts MisterB

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Rally Update

Curry night information has been posted on a different thread

I am stil waiting for registration number details off quite a few attendees, can you respond asap please - up to date list is on the Rally Events page, if youre unsure of what information/payments you have and havent paid yet.

I've been into Thorpe again this evening and called in at the local social club (CIU affiliated) - they are happy to accept us as 'visitors' to the club during our stay at any time they are open, opening times are mainly in the evening other than weekends. There is actually another Motorhome Club in there tonight (MCC), who are also having a rally at Grange Farm, lets hope the weather improves for them, but at least the site has put them all on the gravelled paths where possible, so they should be ok.

On Thursday night there is a Pizza van, which is very popular with the locals, and you can order and eat in the social club (they will even dispose of the packaging they said !!!) This will be a very much ad hoc and not an organised 'event' ....... every man for himself, women and children first ....... the Pizza van tends to sell out so if you do want pizza you should really order it prior - i dont know the arrangements for ordering etc or whether payment is required up front .....

Thats all for now folks ......

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Update and correction - The Pizza night is Friday night NOT Thursday as i originally stated. Thursday is fish and chip van night!.I have just spoken to the Steward of the Social Club and she has confirmed we will all receive temporary membership for the duration of the rally. I have been asked to provide the names of all those attending (and possibly telephone numbers - but she is confirming this) to comply with their 'rules'

BRUCIE BONUS ...... well behaved dogs are allowed in the social club, but NOT on the furniture (obviously!) - so those that are bringing their pet pooches dont need to miss out if our very own quiz master/disco king can sort out some evening entertainment and the social club allows him to (which appears very favourable at the moment)..... For those wanting pizzas, you would DEFINITELY have to preorder beforehand to ensure you would ge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Can the following Thorpe rally attendees please provide their vehicle registration numbers ASAP please via pm thanks, as i am hoping to finalise all the arrangements with the campsite this week and make payment of the deposit, everyone has paid, its just that the site has asked for vehicle registration numbers so they can monitor who is entering/leaving the site for security reasons, thanks

Floydster
Michael Gaylor
John W
Clivefog
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I've PMed my reg. Sorry for being late. I don't seem to be getting any notifications. Can we be included in the curry night too please. ie 2 for curry?

Jun 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Eldiss
Just be aware- roadworks in the high street are causing a backlog of traffic in Thorpe. May I suggest an alternative route to Grange Farm......rather than take the B1033 to Thorpe, use the B1441 at Weeley then pick up the B1414 (Harwich Road) at Plough Corner...an extra mile or 2, but will save a great deal of time and less stressful than going through Thorpe

Jun 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Eldiss
Hopefully the issue will be resolved well before the rally..however, just in case it's not!

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Just be aware- roadworks in the high street are causing a backlog of traffic in Thorpe. May I suggest an alternative route to Grange Farm......rather than take the B1033 to Thorpe, use the B1441 at Weeley then pick up the B1414 (Harwich Road) at Plough Corner...an extra mile or 2, but will save a great deal of time and less stressful than going through Thorpe
That's the route I have suggested, to avoid school and work traffic and now the road works definitely makes the alternative route the best option. Hope the roadworks have finished by the 27th ....

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
If you want use the Social Club, they have asked me to provide full names and tel numbers (not addresses) for 'temp' membership. 'Them's the rules' apparently.... so if you can private message me with your details I will provide the steward with a list ...

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
use the B1441 at Weeley then pick up the B1414 (Harwich Road) at Plough Corner...an extra mile or 2, but will save a great deal of time and less stressful than going through Thorpe

That's the route I have suggested, to avoid school and work traffic and now the road works definitely makes the alternative route the best option. Hope the roadworks have finished by the 27th ....
Thanks chaps. :) I've not checked it out myself yet, but with it too being a B road, is the diversion suitable for larger vehicles please?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thanks chaps. :) I've not checked it out myself yet, but with it too being a B road, is the diversion suitable for larger vehicles please?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

It's perfectly fine Jock. It's a bus route, so wide enough for buses/lorries to pass each other. It's actually wider than the road though Thorpe village which tends to have cars parked making the road effectively single lane.

Apr 29, 2019
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper, Corilliam
Exp
since 2002
Michael and Audrey Gaylor name for social club phone no 07923476585 , Van no GN68CCD ,Pitza sounds good how do we order . Thank you Do we pay for hook up on arriving?

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Michael and Audrey Gaylor name for social club phone no 07923476585 , Van no GN68CCD ,Pitza sounds good how do we order . Thank you Do we pay for hook up on arriving?
If you can pay before for EHU it makes it easier for me to make final payments etc. if you can pay to the same account ....

Re the pizza, you will need to order at the social club apparently... I will confirm prior of course, they need the orders in on Monday evening the steward said, but I will confirm everything in a few days. It might be that everyone will need to contact the pizza lady themselves, that way no orders he messed up. Ordering curries is bad enough !! Lol

John W

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2020
Caterham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Viseo
Exp
3 years
Can the following Thorpe rally attendees please provide their vehicle registration numbers ASAP please via pm thanks, as i am hoping to finalise all the arrangements with the campsite this week and make payment of the deposit, everyone has paid, its just that the site has asked for vehicle registration numbers so they can monitor who is entering/leaving the site for security reasons, thanks

Floydster
Michael Gaylor
John W
Clivefog
Hils and Glenns
Hi sorry just spotted this request John w ie John and Brenda Worth reg number V10WOR

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back