Surprising amount of stock at Brownhills today (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
10,000 Motorhomes/Campervans for sale on Autotrader on 4th Feb.
10,200 for sale 23rd Feb.
10,500 for sale today, so the trend continues.
(This time last year there was approx. 8000 for sale)
I had our motorhome in for a habitation service last week and the dealer had a lot of stock (motorhomes and caravans)
One year ago their yard was almost empty.
Over 11000 for sale on Autotrader today so another 500 added in the last two weeks.

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
the dealers have purchased/part exchanged vans at a premium so if the market does nose dive then we will see dealers sadly disappearing šŸ¤”

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
AMC on the Dicker here were packed with vans when I passed them yesterday. Conversely Marquis at the other end of the road had none however they are repairing the fire damaged bit so may have just moved it elsewhere. AMC seemed to have loads of PVCs though only had a brief look while driving past at 40mph.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Our local motorhome dealer AEG is rammed to the gunnels too, they had a sale last month too, I knew us buying one Oct last year would put the kiss of death on it, I tried to put my impatient wife of till spring this year but failed šŸ™„ never mind it could have gone the other way and Iā€™d never of heard the last of it šŸ¤£ still were really happy with what weā€™ve got and never looked at it as an investment.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The previous time we were at Brownhills was March 2023 and they were pretty much empty, last weekend we were there again for Damp check and they were rammed with mostly new motorhomes. All of which were mainly British, i think i counted 4 Rapido's that i could see but most of the stock seemed to be panel vans, seems there is a huge up take in these types of vehicles. I did see a 3 year old Adria tag axle parked near security for a whopping Ā£119k and then walked up into the top car park to see a new panel van at over Ā£110k. I know which one i would take at those prices.
Even when we were leaving there was a lorry turned up with 3 more coach built motorhomes being delivered, they must have orders for them though i would of thought but they do seemed to of grown massively since our last visit and more so since we first went there in 2013.
A lot of new faces and a conveyer belt of vehicles going in and out of the workshops constantly, they must be making a fortune on repairs as like most they are booked out for 2 months but there place is massive so can take a lot more in their workshop.
They also have different departments to deal with different types of issues ie if its mechanical it's not the same department that then deal with a water leak or a damp check for instance they are dealt with independently.
Pretty sure they got big last time before it all came crashing down but that was before my time but it does not look as though thats going to happen anytime soon given the demand.
Do shop around for spare parts though as there markup on some items is ridiculous ie over 400%

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
11,445 motorhomes for sale on AutoTrader today

Anyone have real evidence of prices dropping?

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Chelstons have 236 vans for sale. This time last year when I took our van down to them they had less than 50!
Neighbour of mine used to work for West Country Motorhomes and popped in last week for a catch up. He said not only are they rammed with vans, to the extent they are parked outside on the verge, but they are moving absolutely zero!

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
There is a 50% build up of stock over the last 9 months and for new motorhomes the increase is something like 250% over the last 4 months. In my recent travels in France there are also very heathy stocks of new vans plus a couple of small dealerships have disappeared in the last year. It looks a bit rocky out there.

Someone was on here a couple of weeks ago and had contacted a dealer and was immediately offered l think a 10% over the phone! On Autotrader there are now lots of discounts being offered which was not the case a year ago.

Interestingly, well I think so anyway, the UK and European trade bodies have not issued any sale figures for the last six months!!! In previous years they were three monthly, always bullish and prompt with the publishing of sales figures.

I don't know about you but if I was buying a motorhome, without a trade in, Iā€™d be waiting a few months to see how the summer shakes out.

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
11,445 motorhomes for sale on AutoTrader today

Anyone have real evidence of prices dropping?
Bloody hell I looked last Thursday it was 8500, No sign of dropping prices, my local dealer still has same prices as last year, I think itā€™s still going to be a case of haggling to get a good deal but should be easier ? if just one dealer drops prices they will all surely follow ?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Itā€™s interesting that in the States the market is slowing down with the big A class coachbuilt manufacturers now starting to lay people off citing too much inventory at the dealers, in turn the dealers are not shifting enough stock. This will trickle down to the smaller vans, as it may be happening here with larger van owners moving to smaller vans just like our illustrious leader Jim šŸ˜‰

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Sorry, I don't think that is correct.
See numbers quoted in post #91.
It hasn't been as low as that since early last year.
Perhaps you had some of the filters selected?
Yes sorry I didnā€™t include new Motorhomes šŸ™ˆ

IMG_9109.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back